• 1 and 2: clear!

3. 'Standard Flight Plans' means real world flight plans? Or 'standard' plans from the addon? I suppose with NAV screen you mean the standard AFS2 flight plans? At first I thought you meant to say standard AFS2 plans are used but those don't have valid approaches.

Anyway, this seems like a major leap forward...! Curious to see where those plans are coming from or how they are created. And also curious if IPACS will stop working on their ATC and start working on weather now instead.

EDIT

Oh, in order to use the AP you have to enter the flight plan into AFS2 anyway: I do wonder how this will work with approaches...? Because as said you can not enter valid approaches into the NAV screen. I fly the Q400 only. How do you fly a STAR and approach without being able to enter them into AFS2 and use the AP? On manual only, following directions from ATC for every heading change...? Very curious to see how that's done...!

Any program that will create a flight plan for FS9, FSX, or XP will be read by this ATC as a valid flight plan. You will be given a standard IAP approach in most cases, but, in all cases you can request a different or specific type of approach. I use downloaded ILS or RNAV approach charts from AirNav. ATC will vector you to an intercept course for the approach with heading, altitude and distance to the marker. You fly the approach and "approach" will turn you over to "tower" with the frequency for landing as you near the airport.

The NAV screen flight plan in FS2 can't be saved but remains active until deleted or changed and can be used for the autopilot.

Approaches are not part of flight plans. Yes, you can specify and use published DPs and STARS.

This is not rocket science and should not be that complicated. FS2 does not have AI so many of the features intended for coexistence will not be a factor. FS2 has a limited number of airports so if you plan to use some of your own, you will need to pay attention to the proper placement and alignment of the approach segment in the tsc file.

I am a user, like everyone else, so I don't have a clue as what IPACS may or may not do in relation to anything. I seriously doubt anything us users do or say will influence any project in work or in any future work. (based on history). 8o

EDIT 2

Last week I re-installed P3D for two reasons: ProATC and Active Sky. In other words: ATC and weather. (Plus of course the Majestic Q400 and Ultimate traffice live. Amongst others.) This new AFS2 addon might help starting up AFS2 again: ATC and realistic flightplans sound good. And I understand it also includes weather (although not the graphics, I suppose...?). The AFS2 Q400 isn't as advanced as the Majestic one, obviously, but it is getting close. Interesting development this is. How soon is sooner btw...?

I would guess you would be happy with P3D and ProATC and Active Sky. I seriously doubt you will see weather, atc, or Ultimate Traffic in FS2 at those levels for quite some time. Just guessing.

I yearn for AI traffic, weather, atc, water, and all those other things every day, but we don't have them here today.

Soft target is this month.

• Any program that will create a flight plan for FS9, FSX, or XP will be read by this ATC as a valid flight plan. You will be given a standard IAP approach in most cases, but, in all cases you can request a different or specific type of approach. I use downloaded ILS or RNAV approach charts from AirNav. ATC will vector you to an intercept course for the approach with heading, altitude and distance to the marker.

Approaches are not part of flight plans. Yes, you can specify and use published DPs and STARS.

Okay, so apparently this addon is based on an existing addon...? ;) But anyway, ATC will vector you but I still don't really understand how it let's you 'use' a STAR for instance... but I'll guess that will become clear as soon as the addon has been released. Good to know "This is not rocket science and should not be that complicated." ;) I guess I just need to do things a bit different from what I am used to (entering a STAR into the FMS when it's been assigned and flying it on AP and so on while ATC is following me).

I seriously doubt anything us users do or say will influence any project in work or in any future work. (based on history).

Ain't that the truth... X/;)

• I guess the attraction to FS2 varies with each person and their expectations and desires. I also still have the other sims but, very seldom to I load them up. This upcoming release is not really intended for study level ATC with all the bells and whistles, more to introduce some sounds and direction to the quiet skies and it does a very good job at that. This allows basic ATC services for the existing FS2 users with some neat limited uses of weather, wind, added METARS and a nifty configuration screen.

• This upcoming release is not really intended for study level ATC with all the bells and whistles, more to introduce some sounds and direction to the quiet skies and it does a very good job at that.

Good to know, thanks for all the additional information! I will keep an eye on this one even though I am into P3D again recently.

• I guess the attraction to FS2 varies with each person and their expectations and desires. I also still have the other sims but, very seldom to I load them up. This upcoming release is not really intended for study level ATC with all the bells and whistles, more to introduce some sounds and direction to the quiet skies and it does a very good job at that. This allows basic ATC services for the existing FS2 users with some neat limited uses of weather, wind, added METARS and a nifty configuration screen.

While I use the built-in Prepar3d ATC occasionally, I am all but an expert in this field. I would like to give the new AeroflyFS2 tool a try, but hope it will come with sufficient documentation to get ATC Noobs like me going. As I already said, I fly mostly VFR so it's leading from a parking to threshold and clearance and than from approach to parking at arrival.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Morse code is no longer used as identifiers, although the charts still have the Morse identifiers in the ID box.

I haven’t flown for many years so I realise that things will have moved on but I would be amazed to hear that morse code idents are not used nowadays. How do you safely navigate in an aeroplane with traditional navigation radios that do not have visual displays of the tuned in radio aid? As I understand it the visual indications are derived from electronic decoding of the transmitted identification signal which is I presume always still available on an audio panel.

The Aerofly FS2 Cessna, Baron, F-15, Aermacchi and 737 all lack the super cool digital ident displays and in real life such aircraft absolutely 100 percent need to use the audio identification facility of the navaids. The FS2 737 lacks any ident for the twist knob ADF and before the introduction of the partially working CDU box, tuning in the analog receiver was quite entertaining but was also just screaming out for a confirmatory audio ident. Some FS2 planes do not give visual idents of the NDB in use so a working audio ident is essential there too. The DME frequency in use can be open to confusion with direct and switchable slave tuning so again the safe way is the only proper way to do it. I do sim flights with FS2 and make nav selection mistakes which I would certainly pick up on if idents were available. Make such a undiscovered error in real life and it could be fatal.

I think Jan is the only active pilot over in Tübingen and he is unlikely to do much radio navigation in his glider. Our dear friends essentially do not have the aviation culture of needing to do it all by the book because lives depend on it. I was trained to repeat the ident for the examiner every single time a nav radio was switched, get a fix from a different VOR or DME and ident it before even thinking of using the information. Switch back to the previous frequency and ident it again. One miss would be likely to mean a repeat test fee and another two hours hire of a twin!

The biggest need for audio idents is that is a real part of simulating a proper flight, ignoring the absolute necessity of the discipline it is also part of the entertainment with hearing and evaluating the different tones and repetition frequencies as ILS, VOR, NDB and DME systems are properly used. I always did my idents in real life, anyone using an aeroplane with traditional avionics will use them in real life and I’ll bet that instrument/cpl/atpl examiners expect a successful candidate to use them without mistakes or omissions.

Idents matter.

• GTN 650 and GTN 750 make an awesome addition to a panel.

Avsim flight1 GTN Review https://www.avsim.com/home/reviews/r…avionics-r2357/

Absolutely. I'm not a real world pilot but use the F1 GTN750 in some planes in Prepar3d, and it's very useful and informative, notably under VR where I can't resort to my networked moving map. I would *love* to have it available for integration at least into a few AeroflyFS2 planes like the C172 ... but that will supposedly remain a pipe dream.

Kind regards, Michael,

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I suppose. I only have the Steam version of AFS2 and I have been beta testing it.

Vielen Dank,das klingt gut.

Sounds good indeed but the fact that it works with the Steam version (which is obvious because most copies of AFS2 are sold on Steam) doesn't mean it also will be sold on Steam. Entirely different story.

• The package is for all practical purposes complete and working just fine. The last few days have been related to fine tuning the installation and personal preferences. Setup and configuration screens have had significant upgrades and improvements with emphasis on ease of use.

I am not in the loop for determining the release date but “soon” is still valid for the estimate. I assure you, everyone on the team is working hard and putting long hours onto the project.

• No way of telling us who is working on this...? Just curious. ;) Even though AFS2 isn't my main sim anymore I might still get this add on, just to spice up the occasional quick flights I am doing with AFS2. (Despite everything I can't bring myself to uninstall AFS2. ;) )