Satellite Imagery - Sentinel 2 Data and The Caribbean

• I good chance is that only one has been added for Haiti. Check next door on the East end of the island in the Dominican Republic for more choices. 8o

I already did. None in the Dominican Republic nor in Cuba while your image above shows plenty of them in the Domincan Repulic?

https://www.aerofly.com/community/inde…udport-map-jpg/

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hmmm. Don't know. You are clicking on the Countries? Using the World Map, when you hover over the various islands, how many airports does it show for Cuba (3), Dom. Republic (11), Bahamas (18) etc. in the large black box with white text.

• Thanks, Ray. I must have bookmarked an outdated FSCloudport link. Just opened it from a Google search (and updated the bookmark) and now all airports are there.

Sometimes it's a good idea to ask a friend.:)

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hmmm. Don't know. You are clicking on the Countries? Using the World Map, when you hover over the various islands, how many airports does it show for Cuba (3), Dom. Republic (11), Bahamas (18) etc. in the large black box with white text.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Will there be any conflict with your excellent Martinique scen

Normally no but it's very good question ... But in case, I advise to erase all files of Level less than 11 in the folder "images" and "elevation" of the directory "Martinique" ... it makes me think that I would have to publish an update to take into account this 👍

• Tried it yesterday. Expectedly, it doesn't look great close-up around an airport, however, at 6000 ft or above it starts to get really convincing and looking good. In any case, it would be a big improvement over default ground imagery.

Thanks for providing and kind regards, Michael

• Tried it yesterday. Expectedly, it doesn't look great close-up around an airport, however, at 6000 ft or above it starts to get really convincing and looking good. In any case, it would be a big improvement over default ground imagery.

Thanks for providing and kind regards, Michael

Actually it's a great improvement for what I call "en-route" scenery, even for VFR GA.

Say you have a nice HR photoscenery for Martinique and Guadeloupe and want to fly from one to the other.

Just midway you have Dominica, which like all of Antilles is featured in IPACS default scenery as an ugly patch of ultra low res satellite pictures scattered with flattened clouds wide in the sea... (cf. Vogel's pictures above, seen from 5'000 ft it looks even worse)

Total immersion killer.

En-route scenery provides a very consistent Dominica for such a flight, as long as you don't aim to go sightseeing from too close.

I initially created an en-route scenery in 2m/pixel out of Virtual Earth orthos providing harmonized (though quite dull) colours for the complete Petites Antilles, cleaning flat clouds from the sea, and compiled down to Level 7 to prevent distant scenery from popping-up in such flights.

However most islands still had clouds on theirs summits, and the low quality of sea picture forced me to paint over most shallow waters...

This is for instance Dominica

10201-color-jpg

10213-aerofly-fs-2-2018-09-09-15-12-01-39-jpg

After a quick comparison with Vogel69's latest work I can say despite the lower resolution his en-route scenery is way superior, with beautiful colors and much fewer clouds.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited once, last by Trespassers (October 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM).