NEW - Outer Hebrides Project

• Could fit, here are some original pictures:

Well looks a bit different. X/

Maybe enough for a first placement of the runway marker posts ...

Thank you, then I'll see if I can do this well.

Can also provide the objects, will send you a link incl. my red posts and the windsock.

Regards,
    Christophe

• NEW - Outer Hebrides, Scotland.

Available at https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…outer-hebrides/

Michael.

According to flight-sim.org this includes Photo PLUS Cultivation? Then you have my interest.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• One more question: This does not include any Mesh. I understand, Taburet payware Mesh is suggested. According to Simmarket, Taburet's package contains Mesh plus Cultivation, so I only have to install the Mesh part as the Cultivation would interfere with the Outer Hybrides Cultivation right?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• One more question: This does not include any Mesh. I understand, Taburet payware Mesh is suggested. According to Simmarket, Taburet's package contains Mesh plus Cultivation, so I only have to install the Mesh part as the Cultivation would interfere with the Outer Hybrides Cultivation right?

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Michael - the Taburet mesh does have buildings and trees. The distribution of buildings looks about right, but I am not sure about the trees. The Western Isles have been essentially treeless since Viking times, but that has been changing rapidly as community groups try to re-establish the few native types. What growth there is tends to be bush and shrubs, rather than tall forests. The street lamps look good at night, but because of the sparse population and light traffic, very few roads are fully lit in real life.

https://www.scottishhousingnews.com/article/commun…o-western-isles

ATB

MikeW

• Good Morning Michael,

The NEW "Outer Hebrides" uploaded onto flight-sim.org last night has BOTH photo scenery in 2M/Pix resolution and cultivation.

I did put out a call for HELP for someone to come forward and build a more accurate mesh but alas no one has bothered so far.

If you want to use another mesh which I understand has cultivation, then ONLY install the mesh.

Hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• I see that the download for this is in 2 zip files. i just wonder if its possible to install it as one, for ease. I notice that when payware is installed under steam, there’s just a single folder structure for all parts, rather than splitting scenery and places. Can we do similar under My Documents/aerofly ? I’ll contribute Stornoway airport shortly and it would be nice to bundle this rather than have an extra download.

• Good Morning Phil,

Actually the download is ONLY one zipped folder. After unzipping, If you wish you can install this directly to Documents, addons, Aerofly FS 2, scenery.

I prefer to split them as they are installed into my FS 2 on an extra F drive not the Win 7 OS C drive.

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Hello Phil - I had the Taburet mesh installed, it goes into a folder 'Scottish Cultivation' with the usual sub-folders. I then installed the IZOJUB scenery which has its own scenery and places. I wanted to test with both installed, take some pics, and then move the Taburet 'places' folder to a safe spot, to see if there was a difference. So I did that, leaving only the Scottish Cultivation\ elevation\ folder, to see if the buildings had been duplicated, but I couldn't see any difference. I need to test it again, because I have S set to take a screenie without any overlay, and Shift+S to include the overlays. For some reason that has not worked. I purposely used Shift+S for shots showing where I was, but that does not seem to have worked.

I believe the pic I posted has the Taburet mesh, with the IZ0JUB photo and cultivation.

On the first pass, there was a lot of flickering, but I have not yet standardised on one set of building textures.

ATB

MikeW (too many Michaels around here :D)

• Thanks to all who replied. I didn't find time to try it but will do so during the next days. Bought the Taburet Mesh/Cultivation already.

Kind regards, Michael

• Good Morning Phil,

Actually the download is ONLY one zipped folder. After unzipping, If you wish you can install this directly to Documents, addons, Aerofly FS 2, scenery.

I prefer to split them as they are installed into my FS 2 on an extra F drive not the Win 7 OS C drive.

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't realise that you could put scenery and places files underneath scenery and they will work. That is good to know.

• I've just had a very nostalgic flight around Lewis. Great work Michael. There are so many things I'd love to add to this now, as well as a mesh of course, such as:

* Lighthouses - at the top of lewis for one - https://goo.gl/maps/zHX9HQ8cHt7sbU5SA

* Standing stones, already mentioned

* The Lewis Men giant chess pieces on the beach near Uig

* Castle near Huisinish beach - Amhuinnsuidhe

* A tennis court I remember that was in the most unlikely place on a remote road - https://goo.gl/maps/2MprEVoR4arS2Gfg6

Anyway, for starters, here's Stornoway airport. Please bundle it with your download Michael so its easy for everyone to get what they need in one click. I was a bit lazy with the taxiway lines. I might improve them in time.

I'll do Benbecula airport next.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boutw6l6hk1yisd/EGPO.zip?dl=0

• Hello Phil - I had the Taburet mesh installed, it goes into a folder 'Scottish Cultivation' with the usual sub-folders. I then installed the IZOJUB scenery which has its own scenery and places. I wanted to test with both installed, take some pics, and then move the Taburet 'places' folder to a safe spot, to see if there was a difference. So I did that, leaving only the Scottish Cultivation\ elevation\ folder, to see if the buildings had been duplicated, but I couldn't see any difference. I need to test it again, because I have S set to take a screenie without any overlay, and Shift+S to include the overlays. For some reason that has not worked. I purposely used Shift+S for shots showing where I was, but that does not seem to have worked.

I believe the pic I posted has the Taburet mesh, with the IZ0JUB photo and cultivation.

On the first pass, there was a lot of flickering, but I have not yet standardised on one set of building textures.

ATB

MikeW (too many Michaels around here :D)

I just bought Taburet’s mesh too. The advantage of this cultivation of course is that it is Scotland wide, so i thought i’d keep Taburet’s cultivation and remove the hebrides cult, but then i had none at all. Perhaps Taburet’s doesn’t extend to the islands?

• I just bought Taburet’s mesh too. The advantage of this cultivation of course is that it is Scotland wide, so i thought i’d keep Taburet’s cultivation and remove the hebrides cult, but then i had none at all. Perhaps Taburet’s doesn’t extend to the islands?

Hi Phil;

when tested as the buildings are osm i could see them; not many as i believe the areas are not heavily edified; i reckon the ordnance survey data do not place trees there; but need to check it out to be sure.

• I just bought Taburet’s mesh too. The advantage of this cultivation of course is that it is Scotland wide, so i thought i’d keep Taburet’s cultivation and remove the hebrides cult, but then i had none at all. Perhaps Taburet’s doesn’t extend to the islands?

Phil, there is definitely cultivation with the Taburet mesh. I wanted to be sure that Michael's scenery did not clash with it, in response to PMB 's question.. I did not see any obvious duplication with both active. I was aware that cutting the Taburet scenery back to just the elevation folder would clear all Scottish buildings, so I want to put it back, and I surely will.