Project Lofoten_8, Norway

• Thanks for the mesh comparison. Nice to get the difference visualized.

But what do you think, that of Taburet would be a better alternative in terms of coverage area? :/

I think Scandinavia West 19m mesh made by Taburet is the safest mesh for most people. I'm not aware of any errors.

With Norway 10m mesh made by Augustin Winther - you can experience some "disturbance". That's why Augustin Winther writes, quote: "Known issues/bugs:

Mesh tiles above 60 degrees north has some quirks/issues loading sometimes. Unsure if this is a mistake by me, or a limitation set by the game engine."

So far I use Winther's 10m mesh. But maybe I'll change since the difference is not that big. Have a look at this test:

Norway - Lofoten: Winther and Taburet mesh comparison

Only pity: no cultivation in these new parts... Are you planning on adding that later on?

If not some of our cultivation experts know where Lofoten is - then I'll try to plant some trees and build some buildings at the end of this project. Of course, we must have some cultivation in Lofoten. :)

• 10 M Mesh

To get rid of a tower effect I eventually after trying different folders ended up putting both Central and North into one folder. When after several minutes of copying the data across when it got to the message do you want to overwrite these 400 + files I just clicked NO.

Gave the folder a new name Norway Mesh North and Central and installed it into "addons", "scenery".

Just as a test nothing clever I'm working on cultivation for all four of "Hartman" scenery tiles as I type, watch this space.

Here is the latest cultivation hot off the press I made using "ScenProc" courtesy of Arno and the latest version 7 script courtesy of "crispy136".

It covers all 4 of the scenery tiles already uploaded courtesy of "Hartman".

Download link: https://flight-sim.org/filebas…y/559-norway-cultivation/

Michael.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals. DVD version of FS2.

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB ().

• Hi Hartman,

If you carry on making more tiles for that part of Norway I will follow you with my cultivation if that's OK with you?

Kindest regards, Michael.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals. DVD version of FS2.

• Here is the latest cultivation hot off the press I made using "ScenProc" courtesy of Arno and the latest version 7 script courtesy of "crispy136".

It covers all 4 of the scenery tiles already uploaded courtesy of "Hartman".

Nice! However, how do I install all this...? I compared your files with what I've got so far from Hartman and noticed that all the files for both airports are the same and well as everything inside the folder 'building_textures'. So... all I need to install are the two files 'map.tsc' and 'map_cultivation.toc'...? My addon Norway folder already contains three files from Hartman: 'cult_leknes.tsc', 'leknes_building.toc' and 'leknes_tree.toc'. Should I remove or keep those files...? And should I put both your files in the same folder...? I am getting various files in various folders and it is getting cofusing again... ;)

• I have mine installed as follows:

Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator, scenery, places, Norway Cultivation IZ0JUB 2019

You will have to delete the Hartman cultivation files/folders leaving ONLY the photo scenery 4 tiles.

• I have mine installed as follows:

Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator, scenery, places, Norway Cultivation IZ0JUB 2019

You will have to delete the Hartman cultivation files/folders leaving ONLY the photo scenery 4 tiles.

Er... is that in the Document folder or in the AFS2 folder itself...? I placed your files where I had Hartman's files (in the document folder and then addons) but that resulted in no cultivation at all. This entire folder structure is quite confusing... (Add-on scenery structure). This is my first go at adding freeware scenery manually and it's a bit frustrating. ;)

EDIT

Got working! Removed everything from the places folder in my Norway folder and simply put your entire download in it. Works like a charm! And looks great! Thanks for all your work on this! :)

• Another little problem. ;) Are these odd shapes (looks like hard edged haze...?) related to the Lofoten scenery somehow...?

• It looks to me where the home made photo scenery meets the FS 2 default scenery you will always get that result.

• Hi Hartman,

If you carry on making more tiles for that part of Norway I will follow you with my cultivation if that's OK with you?

Yes, please. We need cultivation in this area. :)

I also find that your cultivation file contains some random locations of forest - where there is no forest in reality. Also at sea. As mentioned, this is something I also experience - and which I do not know how to control. That's why I have to edit later.

So I will ask you back about your permission to revise your files - if I want to work with this later. Because I will try to get this area Lofoten most close to reality.

• No problem revising my files.

I had not noticed trees in the sea, I thought this problem had been fixed in the latest script?

We can work together on Norway.

Kindest regards, Michael.

• Can you give me some sort of indication where the trees are showing up in the sea and places that don't have forests please.

I have just uploaded to flight-sim.org version 2 cultivation to see if this compressed version has edited out the trees in the sea and non forest areas?

Please advise.

Thank you, Michael.

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB ().

• Just been flying around and found these...................

• Just been flying around and found these...................

Yes, I expect you are familiar with this challenge. Maybe this scenProc software emits too much CO2?

Therefore, it is desirable to divide the areas into smaller parts. Then it becomes easier to "clean up" afterwards (I can possibly do it manually). At the same time - smaller areas are recommended for better upload to ram to get stable smooth flow in AFS2.

Another little problem. ;) Are these odd shapes (looks like hard edged haze...?) related to the Lofoten scenery somehow...?

Found a solution. This tile will be included in Lofoten part 3.

• Norway Cultivation removed because of forests in sea.

Working on a new download.

UPDATE EXPERIMENTAL ONLY

Edited "crispy136" version 7 script and got rid of forests in sea and on rocky islands.

Will upload Norway Cultivation Version 3 onto flight-sim.org

Edited 2 times, last by IZ0JUB ().