Project Lofoten_8, Norway

• Project Lofoten_5 is now ready for download.

The southern part of area "20" is also included. Then a new airport (ENSK) will now be available in Project Lofoten part_5.

Remember enough fuel ..... !! :)

Despite a lot of bad ortho (Photoshop is at the melting point) - I think Lofoten part_6 will soon be ready for download. :)

• Project Lofoten_6, Norway is now ready for download.

HI,

could you give a quick summary which up-to-date files belong to the complete project and how to install them? I think the Photo part is clear from your tile image on flight-sim.org but I got a bit lost about the cultivation counterparts belonging to them, notably which ones are recent or obsolete.

You can see my present "point of view" on this in my list... which may or may not apply.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• HI,

could you give a quick summary which up-to-date files belong to the complete project and how to install them? I think the Photo part is clear from your tile image on flight-sim.org but I got a bit lost about the cultivation counterparts belonging to them, notably which ones are recent or obsolete.

You can see my present "point of view" on this in my list... which may or may not apply.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

After installing the very first part of this scenery (photo parts and cultivation) and got it working I simply copied each new addition into the existing folders, overwriting everything. So I did not add each new addition as a new folder with its own structure but I copied everything out of it into the appropriate folders (places, images, etc.). I also did not drag the folders out of the zips into the addon folder but I dragged all files out of every folder (places, images, etc.) into the corresponding ones. If you know what I mean. Anyway, I've got ONE folder now called Norway and in it I only got ONE places folder, ONE images folder etc.

Maybe once the Lofoten project has been finished a single download could be created, specially for the cultivation parts, because the naming of those downloads is quite confusing (see my edit below ;)) and the content is often partially the same. However, the work is obviously highly appreciated!!! ;)

Edited 4 times, last by Flamingpie (October 15, 2019 at 10:37 AM).

• After installing the very first part of this scenery (photo parts and cultivation) and got it working I simply copied each new addition into the existing folders, overwriting everything.

Great post, thanks. I have the first parts installed but got a bit lost inbetween. I'll go through this and adapt the list entries, as required

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• That we humans are hallucinating is well known. That is why I have tried to explain the project (and the installation) short and clear. Despite that - maybe a small seminar will clarify:

This illustration shows the project area (which I think will be expanded).

The orange squares are AeroScenery areas. The numbers inside the squares are to keep order as the areas are produced. The areas that are being finalized and ready for download - are highlighted in green (15 and 17 in this example).

There are no restrictions on what to do with the downloaded files - except that it should be freeware. If you keep them: Of course, all files can be placed in the same folder. But then you can lose track of the areas you have downloaded (highlighted in green). As long as the project is in continuous development - at least I must have a clear structure. I therefore prefer this:

Notice that each number on the folders corresponds to the numbers in the illustration above. Folders 15 and 17 are the areas marked in green in the illustration above.

Each download contains the following information, quote: "You need Scandinavia West 19m freeware mesh made by Taburet - or Norway 10m freeware mesh made by Augustin Winther: ...."

The small word "or" - means you only need one mesh - and not both.

Does anyone have any questions - before we finish this little seminar? :)

Feel free to come up with good suggestions for improvement.

• I do it similar in the folders „documentation“, „images“ and „places/cultivations", but I go from left to right from big to small:

- Lofoten is the generic term

- the numbers are the subcategory

This has the advantage that I get different areas together when numbering - and not different numbers.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• That we humans are hallucinating is well known. That is why I have tried to explain the project (and the installation) short and clear. Despite that - maybe a small seminar will clarify:

My issue is not wo much with the photos part or the mesh. However - as slowly thinking as I am (aged 67) - it's not quite clear which cultivation versions belong to which photo parts, which ones are maybe obsolete and how to install them. Notably, as all of them contain building_textures directories being different I think I can't just copy them into one directory (at least I didn't with the initial parts which I installed).

Kind regards, Michael

• As long as the project is in continuous development - at least I must have a clear structure. I therefore prefer this:

I admire your absolute homogenous ocean color and no patches at all visible!

Beside that, I use the following folder schema (optimized for a Steam installation):

And this structure for the places. This copies also double tscs nicely together.

Cheers, Thomas

• I admire your absolute homogenous ocean color and no patches at all visible!

Thanks, Thomas. That's a good scheme. Obviously you copied all building_textures into one, overwriting older ones by newer ones?

• - it's not quite clear which cultivation versions belong to which photo parts,

I hope IZ0JUB can answer your question. So far I'm just painting .... ;)

And this structure for the places. This copies also double tscs nicely together.

This looks great.

Do you only have a single "building-textures" folder? Or is there also a "building-textures" folder in each "airport" folder?

• Well then, as the third Michael in the round with "only" 61 I just checked how many folders "building_textures" I have:

- 615 folders

- 2,57 GB

Altogether I would like it better if there were only 1 folder "buildings_textures", e.g. under xref. On the other hand the 615 folders with 2.57 GB don't take as much space and then it is much easier if each part has its own folder "buildings_tetxure“.

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries