Project Lofoten_8, Norway

• Hello chaps,

Just come off the flight-sim.org and I'm also confused at 63 and need to lay down in a darkened room!

Hopefully to help rather than hinder the situation I have uploaded all Norway projects into one folder numbered as used by "Hartman" for his photo scenery tiles.

Cheers Michael.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…y-projects-1-6/

Thanks, Michael (I), now I can delete all Lofoten and Norway Cultivation entries in the list and replace it by this one. Highly welcome!

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Same age for me, but no Michael. ^^

Guys, if you need me to clean up and remove some obsolete downloads from flightsim.org, please send me a message here or over there. ;)

I think we should clean up flights.org, because new users have there a hard time.

I think maps with tiles are ideal. If you click on a tile, you will get all relevant files - always displayed in the current version. (dream)

FSCloudPort has solved this with the maps - but I know that ist there easy with the airfields.

It would also make sense to have as clear a structure and naming as possible in the ZIP files. flightxtreme has provided a good structure for the Czech Republic:

• all folder names start with a 3-digit identifier and the „_“ as fourth digit
      - „ele_" for elevation
      - „img_" for images
      - „cul_“ for cultivations
      - „apt_" for airports (who likes it exactly - and it works; but you can leave it out at airfields, too)
    • then follows the tile designation
    • then follows the understandable geographical name

For example: This way even beginners can sort Prague folders with the files quickly and correctly.

- ele_09_8a00_a980_prague

- img_09_8a00_a980_prague

- apt_09_8a00_a980_prague

- cul_09_8a00_a980_prague

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I see my post has been edited...? By a mod, I suppose...? All the work I put into adding the links has gone to waste? :cursing:

<RANT REMOVED>

Anyway, what I wanted to say to those who use the new complete cultivation download: make sure to check you have all airports installed because afaik the original cultivation files also contained a few airports and this new one doesn't do so anymore so you may be missing something if you start all over again.

Afaik you should have these airports, so 7 in total:

EN_B Ballangen

ENEV Harstad/Narvik

ENLK Leknes

ENRS Rost

ENSH Svolvaer

ENSK Stokmarknes

ENVR Vaeroy Heliport

Edited 3 times, last by Flamingpie (October 15, 2019 at 6:26 PM).

• Please do not post direct links to anything that contains photo imagery on this forum.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I just re(installed) the complete project and made a few short hops, it looks and works outstanding! Thanks Hartman and Michael (I) for the great work.

I also modified the list entries, maybe check if they are correct and complete now.

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• If the community agrees, I would like to add more objects to the Lofoten project, like piers, commumication towers, pylons, ships etc. and upload them for all.

For the pylons I had a look into Google streetview how they should look like:

I made some special objects to come close to them:

However I have a problem with the recent cultivation:

All pylons are shown as house-piles.

IZ0JUB Michael, would it be possible to re-run the Scenproc7 script, but without using Towers? (AM / FM / Comm / Power-towers etc)

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 2 times, last by TomSimMuc (October 17, 2019 at 9:20 PM).

• If the community agrees, I would like to add more objects to the Lofoten project, like piers, commumication towers, pylons, ships etc. and upload them for all.

As a small part of the community, I would agree. I really enjoy the Lofoten project (although never having been there in RL).

Thanks and best regards, Michael

• Some more impressions:

Those positions :whistling:, they look like wharfs/Jettys, boats would be fitting

Doh I guess I can try to add them myself

Just a suggestion to increase immersion :saint:

Seen another thread about cars on a carpark, boats and wharfs also make a good pairing.

If its too much work dont worry about it. Just suggestion.

Too bad no xref boats are available

Edited 2 times, last by ozhomeroz (October 18, 2019 at 6:52 PM).

• Ahh, OK, sorry for my bad English. only found that:

now I know what you ment (and where).

wharfs/Jettys, boats would be fitting

Doh I guess I can try to add them myself

If you have some low poly tmb models of jettys, would you share them with me for publishing?

The ones I used in the Apollo and Turkey Point project are causing stutter, when more of 30 boats are in the view.

In preparation to ozhomeroz boats, I installed several buoys to warn for rocks. The OSM infos in the Lofoten area are very precise:

Cheers, Thomas

• Man you are awesome, so fast making them buoys

As for the Jetties, I did a search on google, and found some free ones but I'm not sure as to their suitability, https://sketchfab.com/tags/jetty

I heard about a site called 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com from these forums, where many people download free models for buildings for example.

Would that site have Jetties, Peirs or wharfs suitable.

Im not a 3D artist, more an idea's man with an IT background.

I have an idea that the stuttering is caused by the large number of boats, especially if they are .tmb and not xref due to higher over head.

To test, I suggest replace the boats with xref cars, =Ojust to test.:/

If the stuttering does not occur with 30 or more xref cars, then the jetty is not at fault but rather the boats are. In my opinion.

Ive read that xref objects have a much smaller memory foot print.

Just my thoughts

Edited 3 times, last by ozhomeroz (October 18, 2019 at 9:41 PM).

• If the stuttering does not occur with 30 or more xref cars, then the jetty is not at fault but rather the boats are.

Thank you for your hints!

No stuttering without boats. So I am on the search for some low poly boats now (fitting to the scenery).

Can anyone support me here?

The scenery looks more lively with some big ships I think

Cheers, Thomas

Edited once, last by TomSimMuc (October 19, 2019 at 2:59 PM).