Saitek mag switch actually works in an AFS2 airplane

• Hey Michael and those that have been waiting all this time to see the magneto switch actually turn the propeller in an AFS2 airplane, the JustFlight PA-38 Tomahawk has the honors. It actually doesn't work 100% correctly, but that can be fixed. I got the RTM version this morning and was totally shocked when I turned the mags over to start and the engine came to life. More "firsts" for JustFlight.

• Thanks, that's a nice little plane which certainly will make it into my hangar.

I think the starting is as usual: On runways engine is running but on yellow parkings it's off - right?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Yep, if you are on the runway numbers the engine should be running and chocks and tie downs removed. If anyplace else, you have to remove chocks, tie-down, move mixture control to full rich, select fuel tank, turn on masters and crank the engine. Sometime these planes get confused on where they are though. :P

An animated checklist (chocks, tie-down, and fuel) will popup with a click and you can click on the item to remove or install. A click at the top of the clipboard and it returns to the center console storage. neat.

Turning the mag knob will advance the ignition key, but, it gets hung up, a back and forth action will get it moving again and move it to the start position. Onc e the engine is running, it will move back to both on its own.

• I think the starting is as usual: On runways engine is running but on yellow parkings it's off - right?

I wish that was usual with Just Flight planes but the Arrow is an exception. Pity. I did make my own cold and dark version of it bit I would have liked a default one. Good to hear though this new plane has this option (even though I won't be getting it).