Game Ready Driver 441.08 Out Now, Adds ReShade Filters

• One wonders what might be created for aerofly and other sims, using some of these new functionalities.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce Software 441.08 WHQL

The change-log follows.

Gaming Technology

• Adds support for GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU
    • Adds support for image-sharpening from NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Adds support for G-SYNC compatibility with NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode
    • Adds support for 7 new G-SYNC compatible monitors
    • Adds support for ReShade filters within GeForce Experience
    • Adds support for windowed G-SYNC for OpenGL and Vulkan-based applications.

New Features and Other Changes

• Added Image Sharpening control to the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings page.
    • Increases the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications.
    • Added Ultra Low Latency G-SYNC+ V-Sync feature
    • Provides tear-free, low-latency gaming using G-SYNC displays. To enable, set Low Latency Mode to
    • Ultra, turn on V-Sync, and enable the G-SYNC display.
    • Added support for HDMI 2.1 VRR.

Image Sharpening Feature

NVIDIA Control Panel Image sharpening controls, including GPU upscaling, are introduced in the

R440 driver. Currently, the following limitations apply.

• Scaling is not supported on MSHybrid systems.
    • Vulkan / OpenGL applications are currently not supported for sharpening
    • HDR displays driven by pre-Turing GPUs will not support scaling
    • Scaling will not work with VR
    • Scaling will not work with displays using YUV420 format.
    • Scaling uses aspect ration scaling and will not use integer scaling
    • Sharpening will not work with HDR displays
    • GPU scaling engages when games are played only in full-screen mode, and not in windowed or borderless windowed mode.
    • Some monitors, such as R2 and R3 monitors, have a 6-tap/64-phase scaler which scales better than that offered by Turing's 5-tap/32-phase scaler.
    • To avoid accidentally triggering scaling by applications or DWM, first change to the desired (
    • Turing's 5-tap upscaler may not engage on certain monitors, based on the monitor's vblank timing.
    • Turing's 5-tap upscaler may not engage if the input resolution is greater than 2560px in either the x or y dimension.
    • Scaling is turned off automatically when switching display devices.
    • "Restore Defaults" option in the control panel currently does not revert the upscaling resolution.

Windows 10 Issues

• [Super Robot Wars V]: The game crashes to a white screen. [2720588]
    • [War Thunder]: The game may crash during gameplay. [2738521]
    • [Battlefield V][G-SYNC][HDR]: When G-SYNC and HDR are enabled, the game cannot be maximized to full-screen after being minimized to the taskbar. [200558314]
    • [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes. NVIDIA is working with the application developer to resolve the issue.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Thanks fpr posting. So, Image Sharpening does neither work with Vulkan/OpenGL nor VR at present. So this doesn't do much good to AeroflyFS2 - is this right?

Kind regards, Michael

• So this doesn't do much good to AeroflyFS2 - is this right?

The new capabilities are hit or miss. For myself I'm intrigued most by the possibilities of using reshade filters (which I currently avoid) in an easily accessible and less kludgy way.

OpenGL and Vulkan image sharpening is promised:

e inNot long ago, we introduced an updated image sharpening filter for NVIDIA Freestyle. Now, we’ve also made this filter a standalone feature built into the NVIDIA Control Panel, enabling you to improve image clarity in all DirectX 9, 10, 11 and 12 games with just a few clicks (Vulkan and OpenGL is coming soon in a future driver).

Devons rig

Edited 3 times, last by HiFlyer ().

• Tanks, this was just what I was looking for. I am not much interested in ReShade filters, I experimented with them under X-Plane time ago, but there are now better tools available. For AeroflyFS2, I don't see a need for ReShade at all.

However, image sharpening works excellently for Prepar3d, which I just tried, thus I am happy to see this will become available for AeroflyFS2, too.

Implementation for VR seems to be more difficult. thus I don't have much hope here.

Kind regards, Michael

• For AeroflyFS2, I don't see a need for ReShade at all.

However, image sharpening works excellently for Prepar3d, which I just tried, thus I am happy to see this will become available for AeroflyFS2, too.

For example I use a TN Panel Monitor (which are not the best for colors) When I used Nvidia's new Reshade feature, it transformed my game to look very good. I haven't used any Reshade programs for any flight sims, but I would think that a Reshade filter could help spice up some dull orthophoto sections from Bing or Google, along with making trees and skies a bit brighter or darker? I agree though that Reshade might not be necessary for AF2, but it would be fun to tinker and toy around with.

• Devons rig

• Hello Flightsimmers,

I am now a little bit confused

so what you think, is it good to make the up date to the new Nvidea Driver Up Date, or not and still waiting for the next up date , when the Image sharpening and re shader issue is still alive for open GL and Vulcan. And I can it use perfectly for Aero Fly FS 2 in 2D and VR. Did you have any expirience with the new Driver in context with the sim.

I appreciate your cooperation

many thanks, Eike

• I have the driver installed. Sharpening works excellently for Prepar3d and I very much like what I see, but not yet for AeroflyFS2, but this will follow with OpenGL/Vulcan support soon.

I (and some others) don't see any improvement with my Acer WMR headset for Prepar3d, but there are others having claimed improved sharpness under VR as well, so this is still open find out.

Kind regards, Michael

• I just saw the recent Nvidia driver sports image sharpening for Vulcan and OpenGL games as well

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/155056

Thus, it should work for AeroflyFS2 as well. (Not sure if under VR but I think in this case the headset resolution is still the limiting element anyway and it might not add much, but worth trying anyway).

I have been using this for Prepar3d for a few weeks now and very much like the sharpened image (although it's suggested not to overdo the parameters). I am just downloading the new driver but will need a day or two before I find time to test it myself.

Have fun, Michael

• I have been using this for Prepar3d for a few weeks now and very much like the sharpened image (although it's suggested not to overdo the parameters). I am just downloading the new driver but will need a day or two before I find time to test it myself.

Do you have PTA installed in P3D?. Does it work well with PTA?.

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Do you have PTA installed in P3D?. Does it work well with PTA?.

Cheers, Ed

No, I don't use PTA anymore. However, I use REX Environment Force which does modify Shaders as well and this doesn't make any trouble wikth the sharpening.

Kind regards, Michael

• In order for this to work, I believe Aerofly has to be on NVIDIA's supported game list. At least that's what it told me when I tested. Or are you able to find a different workaround?

Not sure, if this is really required, but maybe. I added it in the Nvidia Control Panel by Hand, which is possibly (already before). Then you can make the correponding sharpen settings for AeroflyFS2. I did this yesterday, but the effect is definitely less noticeable than in Prepar3d. So you might be right.

Kind regards, Michael

• No, I don't use PTA anymore. However, I use REX Environment Force which does modify Shaders as well and this doesn't make any trouble wikth the sharpening.

Kind regards, Michael

Ok, thanks. If you have the time to test the new driver version with your P3D, please post the results, maybe not here, but at AVSIM, to let us know.

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Ok, thanks. If you have the time to test the new driver version with your P3D, please post the results, maybe not here, but at AVSIM, to let us know.

Cheers, Ed

I already did:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/…ating-your-nvidia-driver/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/t…-nvidia-image-sharpening/

To Summarize: I find values around 0.56/0.17 optimum for P3D.

Kind regards, Michael

• Ok, thanks to pointing this out. I missed that one at AVSIM. Interesting.

I'll probably not do big things with Aerofly FS 2, but it seems that improves P3D a lot as I read.

Cheers, Ed

• Not sure, if this is really required, but maybe. I added it in the Nvidia Control Panel by Hand, which is possibly (already before). Then you can make the correponding sharpen settings for AeroflyFS2. I did this yesterday, but the effect is definitely less noticeable than in Prepar3d. So you might be right.

Kind regards, Michael

Now I understand what you mean, indeed you can modify Sharpening in The Control Panel.

I turned it up all the way first test. Made Aerofly look horrible :D

I was thinking about Nvidia's new in-game feature. Which it says Aerofly "Game Not Supported"

On the fly adjustable visual settings. Now this would be great!