Better control over which building textures will be used for the cultivation

• Hi guys,

I am started to cultivate my home airport with the different tools and possibilties from this great communtiy (Objectgen, scenery from FlightXtreme, gliders and airplane models from Trespassers).

Now I have power lines, wind turbines, cars on the streets and much more which is amazing. From day to day my glider field looks more real. Thanks a lot for that.

As I try to get the best visual replication of this area now I have the following problem. The original cultivation from the scenery Bavaria (from FlightXtreme) uses the building textures in the scenerey folder. There we have different kind of textures for the houses (for white ones, for brick houses an so on). As I unterstand it right, the textures for the cultivated buildings will be used randomly, that leads to the fact everytime I start Aerofly FS 2 the houses look different to the last time before. So in principle that is not a big deal for me. My question is can I have control over how many houses should be provided with a specific texture (white one for example) and how many with a different? Maybe via a proportional distribution. The reason for that is in my region there are typically not much brick houses. Now I have the feeling the distribtution of normal houses and brick houeses are fifty/fifty.

Another question is, are there any limitations how many toc-files I can use with one airport?

What do you think?

Regards,

Thomas

• Hi Thomas,

I haven't thoroughly tested it, but I guess the cultivation texture distribution is simply related to the number of available textures.

In other words if you have 2 textures, the distribution chances will be 50%-50%.

Now, it you have 4 textures for white houses and 1 texture for brick houses, the chances will be 4 to 1.

Technically you may set as many toc files as you want. Of course, the more you have and the longer they get, the more you load the cart...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hello Thomas,

there is a tutorial by Rodeo, which allows to create own building textures:

Check the cultivation/buildings folder in there.

Modify the bmps (1024x1024) with Gimp or PS to your required colors and textures.

If you add additional textures, also add their names to the building_textures.txt file.

For each res_wall you also need a res_gable.

As Antoine said, if you need 80% white and 20% red, make 4 white and one red buildings.

Edit the contained content_converter_config.tmc to your own path.

Then double click the tmc file for the generation. (It is assumed you already installled the sdk) from here:

aerofly.com/community/filebase/index.php?file/2/

The download my need an additional permit by IPACS.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 2 times, last by TomSimMuc (November 6, 2019 at 11:32 AM).

• Hi Antoine and Thomas,

thanks a lot to you both for your fast reply with your answers! I appreciate that!

TomSimMuc

Thanks for the hint with the Airport design package and with the simple and clever idea to change the distribution via different amount of red and white colored textures which are available in the texture folder. I will check that in the next days!

Best Regards,

Thomas

• and of course, if you don't want any red brick house, just remove the red brick texture...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.