IZ0JUB Conquered Great Britain 2020

• I guess I am not to bright..... :P

All these proliferating downloads have me utterly confused, to the point I am using none of this stuff.

I'm hoping someday it will all be pulled together into either a single download or a comprehensible collection of related links.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I guess I am not to bright..... :P

All these proliferating downloads have me utterly confused, to the point I am using none of this stuff.

I'm hoping someday it will all be pulled together into either a single download or a comprehensible collection of related links.

Yes I guess so.

All these proliferation of downloads that you speak of are the hard work of dedicated people offering you and others within the FS 2 community photo scenery, cultivation, special objects and accurate mesh totally free of charge.

All uploads to Flight-sim.org are always clearly labelled to avoid any confusion as to what they are.

Michael "pmb" has also gone to the trouble of building a special web site listing all this work with appropriate links to make it simple for anyone to access.

Your suggestion of "pulling it together" into a single download is absolute nonsense as the folder would be so large those with slow internet access would be prohibited from using it.

Lastly it may of been a kindness to at least thank those for their dedication to our hobby.

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• When you go through IZOJUB's (Michael's) files, you should recognize the GB files, which contain photoscenery and cultivation for Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Isles of Skye, Outer Hebrides, Isle of Man:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…DESC&userID=205

The other Michael has a very helpful overview about the sceneries of United Kingdom:

https://michael-basler.net/Flight_Simulat…re_Scenery.html

The airports you'll get from FSCloudPort.

• All these proliferation of downloads that you speak of are the hard work of dedicated people offering you and others within the FS 2 community photo scenery, cultivation, special objects and accurate mesh totally free of charge.

Yeah....... And if you look at the number of downloads, you will see that they are very small. Maybe twenty people doing so. Why do you think this is the case? I suspect it's directly related to lack of installation directions, or confusing directions. I often post links to interesting Aerofly freeware of various forums, yet some I simply can't in good conscience recommend because it simply requires too much effort of people not inclined to be intimately familiar with Aeroflys folder structure. The tendency of said files to be in multiple and sometimes redundant downloads from more than one person ups the difficulty and probably partially explains why you see nobody posting videos of these creations. Too confusing to even install them!

Your suggestion of "pulling it together" into a single download is absolute nonsense as the folder would be so large those with slow internet access would be prohibited from using it.

And why is it absolute nonsense to have a large download available in a sim where all of the available payware and most of the freeware comes in large files such as Florida, the Netherlands, etc. If these files were unacceptably large, Aerofly itself (which just with the Freeware from Ipacs itself exceeds 100GB) could not even exist.

Lastly it may of been a kindness to at least thank those for their dedication to our hobby.

I have actually been one of the few that more than once has explicitly thanked the creators multiple times, so don't even go there.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited once, last by HiFlyer (November 26, 2019 at 8:14 PM).

• OK, I have a question for you. I have downloaded the contributed airport for North Wales, EGFD. I searched and found new scenery for North Wales, 2.1 GB, that is currently being downloaded. When those two downloads are installed, will I need to download a specific mesh, or is that included somehow? How would I know?

Thanks.

• For those interested in doing the Mach Loop I am just about to post a PDF at Flight-sim.org

Could you add a link for us challenged folks? The Machynlleth Loop 

should be fun fun fun. That is fast flying at the nap of the earth?

• An elevation mesh is optional, but luckily you currently only need one for any location in Ire or GB:

see coverage and install instruction there.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ation-mesh-25m/

Thanks Tom. Added it to the downloads. Looks like I can watch TV for a while, downloads are choked up.

• Your suggestion of "pulling it together" into a single download is absolute nonsense as the folder would be so large those with slow internet access would be prohibited from using it.

Michael,

a suggestion:

So that everyone can find so, and not to double with some part, why not split the country in three parts, as did ORBX.

Maybe it would simplify the task for everyone!;)

And not to forget, thank you for all your work!:thumbup:

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (November 26, 2019 at 9:09 PM).

• Thanks "Tomfa" and yes its a great idea, however the problem for me is my restricted upload speed of 3 MBS which just isn't going to handle these very large areas.

If there is some one out there with + 100 MBS upload send me a HD with return carriage and insurance and I can load it on that way, just a thought?

Cheers Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Thanks Tom. Added it to the downloads. Looks like I can watch TV for a while, downloads are choked up.

Ray.. Forget TV

Here are some links to watch Mach Loop in YouTube

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - This one is brilliant, it shows a lot of F-15's (lower than I remember seeing them before!) AND also the special paint CF-18 that we have in AFS2.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - This is a promotional RAF video. From a Typhoon fighter in both Mach Loop and Lake district.

- US Navy Super Hornets, inside and outside theough the loop.

- RAF Hawks through the loop (WE NEED THE JUST FLIGHT HAWK!!)

- Round the loop from inside the Hawk T.1

That should satisfy you more than TV...

Regards

Kenneth