IZ0JUB Conquered Great Britain 2020

I hope we can get more UK airports of this quality, as many UK airports on FSCloudport have no buildings or runways that are not correctly placed over the ortho runway.

The problem with designing airfields in FSCloudPort is that the underlying satellite images in FSCloudPort are sometimes a few meters shifted compared to the images in FS 2. So I prefer to design airfields in FSCloudPort when the images are available in FS 2, because then I can better adjust the size and placement of the objects.8)

If you want to help to improve them, you can ask the respective creators of the airfields in FSCloudPort to add you as "Additional Authorised Contributors". Any help is welcome there.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I was around two years ago when FSCloudport was in early development. At that time, I created hundreds of airports with the sole intention of them showing up as markers in the navigation and map screens.

Now that we are seeing the ortho, there are indeed a few differences in positioning. This I believe is also connected to differing image sources, not the person creating the ortho scenery.

I have no plans to go back in and rework hundreds of airports. I always thought that FSC should allow a person to choose to make an airport just for their own use if they wanted. So if anyone wants to redo my airports they are welcome. I am not attached to them with any invested sense of ownership or ego.

If you intend to do a far better job than I, you can either ask for editing rights, or maybe ask that my version be deleted to allow a replacement to be built. I am fine with either option.

- Kenneth

• The "quick and dirty" airfields from KJKsimmer for orientation are very helpful for me. In addition to KJKsimmer, I have created airfields in Scotland parallel to the excellent work of IZ0JUB, of which one or the other still needs to be revised. However, I am still waiting for an extended xref file with many more objects for airfields.

I think KJKsimmer hint is very good that he does not claim any "property rights" on his airfields, but is open for different solutions with only one airfield at a time at one place. Because for me it becomes confusing in FSCloudPort if different people create their own version at the same place from the same airfield.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Thanks for the reponses folks - I hope my comments about some of the FScloudport airports weren't taken as criticism, or too harshly. It was really just an observation. I've not touched FSCloudport yet (just downloaded the airports from the website) but I will absolutely start looking into it now, and anywhere I can help, yes, I will definitely ask for joint rights and "get stuck in" 8)

Some of the runways may be off with the ortho but I have to say, it's still amazing that we have all these new worldwide airports in AFS2! I only reinstalled AFS2 two days ago (after a long break) - got a little bored with XP11. I expected just to be tootling around California or Switzerland in the C172 ..... I could not have dreamed that I would be flying from my home airport of Newcastle UK, and over some of the best ortho / cultivation scenery I have seen in any sim!

Really amazing work guys!

• Thanks for the reponses folks - I hope my comments about some of the FScloudport airports weren't taken as criticism, or too harshly. It was really just an observation. I've not touched FSCloudport yet (just downloaded the airports from the website) but I will absolutely start looking into it now, and anywhere I can help, yes, I will definitely ask for joint rights and "get stuck in" 8)

Some of the runways may be off with the ortho but I have to say, it's still amazing that we have all these new worldwide airports in AFS2! I only reinstalled AFS2 two days ago (after a long break) - got a little bored with XP11. I expected just to be tootling around California or Switzerland in the C172 ..... I could not have dreamed that I would be flying from my home airport of Newcastle UK, and over some of the best ortho / cultivation scenery I have seen in any sim!

• Hello Michael,

you can download the extended xref names and pictures here:

XREF library objects that don't show off

Just be aware that the current passenger bridges do not work in toc files.

Hi, Thomas,

thanks for the link :), I had already seen the catalogue. ;)

I just hoped that there will be a file for downloading the objects or that it will be available in FSCloudPort at some point. Because only then the airfields in FSCloudPort can be adequately equipped.8)

As a workaround for me I can copy the individual objects from the individual sceneries. It is only before publication that the rights of third parties must be protected.

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Nothing offensive for me. Thank you for your concern. Enjoy AFS2. The sudden arrival of the UK as viable flying area has made all the difference for me as well. The development of the third party ecostructure is always the make or break for any flight sim platform.

- Kenneth

• For those who don't know, anyone who already has edit access for a particular FSCP airport can give edit access to other people via the editor's panel. If you want to edit an existing airport, send a PM to the author/contributor and ask for permission. If you don't get a reply in a week or so (some authors have gone AWOL), ask me and I can give access.

• I can honestly say that (moving traffic aside!) this is the best looking depiction of the area I have seen in any sim! It is stunning! I personally think it is more immersive than Orbx TruEarth GB in XP11.

Yes. Thanks to Michael (IZ0JUB), we are not dependent on Orbx TruEarth GB. A very big thank you to you Michael for your great work. :thumbup:

DROGE192 - it’s certainly a small world - I live about 6 miles form EGNT 😄 Also delighted we now have our home base to fly from.

• Just to be sure: if I want to download the entire GB scenery should I download everything that's been posted starting with NEW - Outer Hebrides...? Or are there any files I might or should skip? I'm starting from scratch with this one and there are a lot of files to download...

• Just to be sure: if I want to download the entire GB scenery should I download everything that's been posted starting with NEW - Outer Hebrides...? Or are there any files I might or should skip? I'm starting from scratch with this one and there are a lot of files to download...

Yes start with Outer Hebrides and go down the list.

"Higgy" on Flight-sim.org set up a new title for my project but on checking just now I cannot find ALL the uploads under the link below?

Here is the link to my Great Britain Project.

Kindest Regards, Michael.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…-great-britain/

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited 2 times, last by IZ0JUB (January 7, 2020 at 5:36 PM).