IZ0JUB Conquered Great Britain 2020

• In that case.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Channel islands for one. I could name some more but don't want to get into a politcal mess. Let's enjoy what we have. :)

IZ0JUB if you have some way of accepting donations, I would love to buy you a beer or two (of coffee) to say thanks.

Thank you for your kind words and offer of a donation. Please pass it on to "Higgy" to keep the Flight-sim.org server running as without this I would not be able to share my work. The Channel Islands sounds a good idea, thank you. Cheers Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• IZ0JUB Once you have had a rest, would it be posisble to summarise or share some notes on the tools used, best practices and other observations during this marathon session? I would love to contibute some scenery too but this for me is the inspiration and template!

Yes I'm happy to do this as its been a learning curve for me too. For the image editing I use "Paint.Net" which is a FREE software and simple to use compared to others.

Using "AeroScenery" for downloading the images at tile size 9 (largest) and at a resolution of 2.389. A tip courtesy of "Lucky1960" was to set the "Tile Stitching" in the "Settings" Window within "AeroScenery" from 32 to 64 to reduce the amount of images to edit.

I used ArcGIS as the main tile image provider backed up with both Bing and Google.

In areas of bad colouring, clouds and cloud shadows I was able using Paint.Net to "cut out" the bad areas and "paste in" better quality images from either Bing or Google.

In one particular area in the South of England the cloud cover was so intense I had to use resolution 4.777 instead of 2.389 and this eliminated most of the clouds and bad colours.

I used the same tile sizes for the cultivation. I used https://extract.bbbike.org to obtain the building and vegetation data. To obtain the tile bottom left and top right co-ordinates I used "AeroScenery" to process the tile only at level 9 which takes less than a minute. This produces a working tile to see the scenery in the flight sim and position the aircraft symbol to establish the true co-ordinates.

I hope I have covered everything and it is of some help?

Cheers Michael.

• Hi "donka",

I'm looking at the Channel Islands as the next project, what other islands did you have in mind?

Cheers Michael.

Hi Michael,

I was just teasing on the other islands - if you consider the british commonwealth then you have the likes of the Caribbean, islands in the Pacific, even Australia etc. :)

On a serious note though, the Channel Islands would be a great option given the proximity to UK and mainland Europe.

Cheers, Andy.

• Thanks Andy, I have made the Channel Islands many times for FSX and P3D so I will look to doing it again for the FS 2 community this time in higher resolution photo scenery as its only two size 9 tiles for Guernsey and Jersey.

Cheers Michael.

• Well done Michael. I think you put as many hours into this as I did writing and publishing my encouraging title “This Book is the Perfect Gift” which you referred to in your acknowledgements.

Next islands you ask? Another big task would be New Zealand. Lovely scenery in the land of Lord of the Rings.

But remember now to fly for fun too.

Thanks again for the special attention in the Inverness area of Scotland.

- Kenneth

• Thanks Andy, I have made the Channel Islands many times for FSX and P3D so I will look to doing it again for the FS 2 community this time in higher resolution photo scenery as its only two size 9 tiles for Guernsey and Jersey.

Cheers Michael.

Thanks Michael. If you are looking for any image editing assistance then please reach out.

• grazie per il lavoro Michael

PS: a little "gift" also for all ... shortly we may planning a world map on flight-sim.org ...

so its easier to find the area we search ... hope it will work with our database

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Next islands you ask? Another big task would be New Zealand. Lovely scenery in the land of Lord of the Rings.

At first, a HUGE thank you. I can only roughly guess the amount of work which went into this. But the result is certainly a milestone for AeroflyFS2 user.

If anyone (not necessarily you) is looking for another project, New Zealand would certainly be a worthwile country. It sports stunning landscapes and visually is a feast. I had a look upon the NZ LINZ data some time ago, and they are pretty good - although requiring color corrections as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thank you for this! 800 hours in only 3 months is just insane. My job is 7,5 hours 5 days a week. Thats about 1700 hours in a year. Just to put things into perspective!!

Sooo impressed:thumbup:

I see that there is also a kind of wishlist going on in this thread, so I just want to express my love for Hartman's Lofoten and my hope is that someone sometime will do some more of Norway.

• Thank you so much IZ0JUB! 🤗

Can anybody help me with the following installation questions?

1. Do I download and install all the files contained in the link in IZ0JUB’s first post in this

thread, including those by other talented authors?

2. I have the DVD version on “C” drive...what is the installation path?

3. What will the correct installation structure tree look like when completed?

I desperately want this scenery to work, and there are so many posts in the forum about the best way to install the elements of photoscenery, cultivation, etc. into folders such as

Images, places, and elevation. I’m confused...😔

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

Edited once, last by xraythree (January 10, 2020 at 6:05 PM).

• NEW ZEALAND

I have made New Zealand in the past for both FSX and P3D and agree its a beautiful place to do low level flying.

I will complete the Channel Island and then take a look.

Kindest regards to all,

Michael.

If you ask me: You deserve a deep breath before turning to something else.

Should you really turn to NZ afterwards, it would be a good idea to contact the kind people at the New Zealand Flightsim Forum. Regulars over there and notably Robin Corn (toprob) have a quite positive attitude towards AeroflyFS2.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• If you ask me: You deserve a deep breath before turning to something else.

Should you really turn to NZ afterwards, it would be a good idea to contact the kind people at the New Zealand Flightsim Forum. Regulars over there and notably Robin Corn (toprob) have a quite positive attitude towards AeroflyFS2.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes. Michael does deserve a break. You know, about 32 years ago, the BBC mounted a camera on an RAF Hawk. They flew it around the entire coast of the GB mainland. Then, they sped up the footage and aired it in a show called “The shape of a nation.” Maybe Michael should reward himself with the same flight around his scenery. The RNZAF Mb339 makes a nice substitute for the Hawk, until we can convince Just Flight to port their one into AFS2.

- Kenneth