IZ0JUB Conquered Great Britain 2020

• I believe someone asked for it to be removed because they preferred the photo underneath. It is the one area Michael left empty. Perhaps he could create an optional file for those who prefer it left in?

Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't heard that. I spent some time looking through my files and folders in case I'd mis-copied something. There were after all a lot of files and folders!

• I hadn't heard that.

Hi, please read IZ0JUBS comment to his upload https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…by-iz0jub-2019/

"Updated cultivation tile map_09_7f80_ab00 will removed all buildings and trees within the M 25 boundary. If you are not happy with London City replace the old folder with this one."

Here are IZ0JUBs (Michael, I hope that it's ok for you) files with cultivation in the city: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zikGla…iew?usp=sharing

• Hi a bit of a newbe here very torn between FS2 or X-plane 11 the reasons are

my local airfield Otherton in staffordshire UK is blank in FS2 but X-plane i can fly the airfield with great details but X-plane is very slow loading and doesn't have hands like FS2.

Has anyone done in great detail local microlight fields in the UK as I don't really understand how to do the programming port but love FS2

Also anyone made any microlight aircraft like flexwing or three axis aircraft I done mind paying for peoples hard work.

Many thanks

my local airfield Otherton in staffordshire UK is blank in FS2 but X-plane i can fly the airfield with great details but X-plane is very slow loading and doesn't have hands like FS2.

Has anyone done in great detail local microlight fields in the UK as I don't really understand how to do the programming port but love FS2

Also anyone made any microlight aircraft like flexwing or three axis aircraft I done mind paying for peoples hard work.

Many thanks

Welcome to the family. It should be possible to create a rudimentary airport with FSCloudport, but the crossing runways would be a problem unless you just use the ortho as your visual element. Custom buildings cannot be done with FSC either. There are people with the ability to create a custom airport, I am not one of them, or I’d have a go at it. I can do a basic FSC version if it is not yet done. It would at least locate it on the map for you. I know of know microlights yet. The Tecnam P2008 is the closest in the sim so far.

- Kenneth

EDIT - I see that ApfelFlieger has already started on the airport in FSC.

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (January 11, 2020 at 5:43 PM).

Many thanks

Creating the Otherton Airfield in FSCloudPort is no witchcraft, I have created a first draft "on the fly": http://www.fscloudport.com/fsc/003B5497956FFDD9802584EC005B83D6#

I will adapt this even better to the landscape in Aerofly FS2.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Shame about the microlight aircraft not being in FS2 as there is a large market of microlight flyers in the uk

and a large number of aircraft well over 150 in the UK with the LAA and BMAA does and other third party do aircraft for FS2?

And thank your for you help KJKsimmer

• Wow thanks, witchcraft it must be,

Can i change the runway to grass?

You obviously know what your doing so can i ask can we make the google overlay with more details?

but if not not a problem just grateful you have helped me thank you.

At the moment it is not possible to create a grass strip in FSCloudPort.

But you can hide shown runways:

• If you are unsure what to do please make a backup copy of the file "GB-0314.tsc" first.
    • Afterwards you have to open the file "GB-0314.tsc" with a text editor.
    • And then the lines that call up the runway display must be "taken out of service". To do this, insert "//" at the beginning of the lines concerned (see also the Wiki: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…iles#comments):

And should something go wrong the airfield can be downloaded again from FSCloudPort.

Good luck, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Actually, There is a way to swap out the standard FSC runway texture for a grass strip. I came across it by accident a few days ago. Stay tuned and I will write something about it in a little while.

- Kenneth

EDIT:- I will take a few days over this and write an illustrated tutorial instead of just a quick note. You might find it more useful if I do that.

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (January 11, 2020 at 10:53 PM).

• IZ0JUB

Great work - thank you very much for that.:thumbup::)

Do you have a map where all the parts are marked?

If so, I would try to link the individual contributions on this map so that you can call them up directly from the map.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• We need some better elevation mesh to make this scenery pop.

The 25m mesh is good, but flying around the southern coastline turns the spectacular cliffs into unimpressive blobby slopes.

I see nothing wrong so far using the 25 M mesh that "TomSimMuc" worked extremely hard on to bring my Great Britain photo scenery to life. A better mesh can only be made if the data is freely available, I understand this is not the case. Can you explain where you see the "unimpressive blobby slopes" please? Thank you kindest regards, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (January 12, 2020 at 10:21 AM).

• I greatly appreciate TomSimMuc's 25m mesh, and your mammoth effort with the imagery Michael.

I like to fly low and slow. Touring the south coast, I see this:

(Using F18 to find where I'd been fast.)

Just thinking out loud the 25m is not enough to do this coast line justice. Those should be towering cliffs in places where I could fly a light aircraft along side. From up high, it looks just fine.

• My images were taken near coords -5, 49.

EDIT found your location, looks identical to me, so my elevation at least appears to be installed correctly:

Some coast line sections look great...

I've never been to England. Looking at Google Maps to see where I'd been flying, I see the names Seaford Head on the south west and Kynance Cove on the south east. Real photos don't match the scenery well due to the resolution of the elevation mesh I'm guessing, and also because the aerial images are taken from directly above, so tall cliffs tend to look stretched even if they are in the right location.

Edited 3 times, last by GregDude (January 12, 2020 at 11:10 AM).