IZ0JUB Conquered Great Britain 2020

• CHANNEL ISLANDS PROJECT UPDATE

1. Cultivation completed and tested.

2. Accurate Mesh 25 M for the Channel Islands completed and supplied courtesy of TomSimMuc

3. Islands photo scenery made in high definition 1M/PIX and awaiting editing before processing.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited 3 times, last by IZ0JUB (January 13, 2020 at 7:25 PM).

• GRASS RUNWAYS with fsCloudPort.

Earlier in this thread, I promised a tutorial on a method I discovered to add a grass runway texture to airports created with fsCloudPort. I have now completed the tutorial. It is being hosted on a new website I'm developing in which I celebrate the love of flight simulation by sharing screenshots (FSX and AFS2), and also passing on some tips reviews, etc.

Please feel free to browse through the new site and enjoy it. The direct link to the tutorial is HERE. And remember, you use the ideas in the tutorial at your own risk.

Regards

Kenneth

• GRASS RUNWAYS with fsCloudPort.

Earlier in this thread, I promised a tutorial on a method I discovered to add a grass runway texture to airports created with fsCloudPort. I have now completed the tutorial. It is being hosted on a new website I'm developing in which I celebrate the love of flight simulation by sharing screenshots (FSX and AFS2), and also passing on some tips reviews, etc.

Please feel free to browse through the new site and enjoy it. The direct link to the tutorial is HERE. And remember, you use the ideas in the tutorial at your own risk.

Regards

Kenneth

Hi, Kenneth,

great article, which I will also gladly link to.

Now it would be good if Phil ( Spit40) in FSCloudPort.com could include the different runway textures as a selection when creating/reworking an airfield. Because then we would be a bit further.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi, Kenneth,

great article, which I will also gladly link to.

Now it would be good if Phil ( Spit40) in FSCloudPort.com could include the different runway textures as a selection when creating/reworking an airfield. Because then we would be a bit further.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

On the list, along with extending the xrefs to the full set

• CHANNEL ISLANDS

NOW AVAILABLE............................... https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…hannel-islands/

This has been the combined work of "TomSimMuc" who provided a very accurate mesh and "donka" who painstakingly edited all the images which are in high resolution and courtesy of Google. My gratitude and thanks to both for helping out and their dedication to the FS 2 community.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited 3 times, last by IZ0JUB (January 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM).

• Is there a list somewhere of what one could call mandatory airports for GB...? I still didn't get around to downloading the scenery and it's also because it doesn't include any airports (afaik) and I don't really know which ones to get... Lately I've been flying the 777 a lot and I plan to use the Q400 too in GB (imho this scenery is more suited for flying high and dry) so... if someone could post a list of available airports I really have to get in order to enjoy those two planes in GB, feel free to make my day! ;)

• There are tons on FSCloudPort as you will be aware but I think the more fleshed out Liverpool and Bradford airports should be a definite entry point. Also, the upcoming Edinburgh airport but that may still be a long way off. ;)

if you want a good quality scenery though, you absolutely should download IZ0JUB's GB as it is very well done, regardless of how many suitable airports are available.

Edited once, last by donka (January 22, 2020 at 7:44 PM).

• if you want a good quality scenery though, you absolutely should download IZ0JUB's GB as it is very well done, regardless of how many suitable airports are available.

Well, I only fly where I can take off and land so without proper airports it's a no go for me. But anyway, maybe I should simply Google for the top 10 or 20 main airports in the GB: that should be a good starting point for a 777 (if they are available for download). ;)

• The main airports/regions I would suggest would be Aberdeen, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Prestwick, Newcastle, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bradford, Manchester, Cardiff, London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stanstead.

That should give you a nice spread.

• The main airports/regions I would suggest would be Aberdeen, Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Prestwick, Newcastle, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bradford, Manchester, Cardiff, London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stanstead.

That should give you a nice spread.

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

• Just to be certain: is it correct that some part have lots of cultivation while other parts only have a few streets with buildings...?

Only a few buildings:

Lots of buildings:

Just want to make sure I did nothing wrong. ;) At cruising alt things look great nonetheless, of course.

• It all comes down to the level of detail in the data source. With open street map, some cities are covered in detail when it comes to buildings, but others seem to be far more sparse.

• It all comes down to the level of detail in the data source. With open street map, some cities are covered in detail when it comes to buildings, but others seem to be far more sparse.

Okay... I did my first official flight from Liverpool to Heathrow and while cruising the scenery looked very nice! However, taking off but specially landing was awful... Heathrow is completely flat... Landing should be the grand final of the flight but now it is the grand let down LOL Are there any good looking airports for GB (so NOT FSCloud ones)?

EDIT

Enjoying GB!

At the moment, Liverpool and Leeds Bradford. Very well done.

Edited once, last by Flamingpie (January 24, 2020 at 10:46 AM).

• Okay... I did my first official flight from Liverpool to Heathrow and while cruising the scenery looked very nice! However, taking off but specially landing was awful... Heathrow is completely flat... Landing should be the grand final of the flight but now it is the grand let down LOL Are there any good looking airports for GB (so NOT FSCloud ones)?

At the moment, Liverpool and Leeds Bradford. Very well done.

• At the moment, Liverpool and Leeds Bradford. Very well done.

The ones from Larrylynx, I presume? I'll check them out. If I like them I might take off anywhere but only land on one of those two... ;)

EDIT

I see it's a rar file and I don't like installing software just to unzip one rar: I'll download and unrar it when I am at work and give them a try next week. ;)

• Another question, perhaps not really GB related, but I noticed at higher altitudes the far away textures are being loaded a bit late: see these two picture, taken within one minute. You clearly see that on the first one the low res textures are still in view and a short while later they were suddenly (and very obviously) loaded. Is there a way to force the sim to load those textures earlier so you don't get to see those straight lines and low res textures?

• The ones from Larrylynx, I presume? I'll check them out. If I like them I might take off anywhere but only land on one of those two... ;)

EDIT

I see it's a rar file and I don't like installing software just to unzip one rar: I'll download and unrar it when I am at work and give them a try next week. ;)

Yes, that's the ones. Well worth installing.