IZ0JUB Conquered Great Britain 2020

• There's two files for North wales...cultivation and scenery files...Where do these go? There's no readme file. Do i have to make some folders to put them in, and then where do they go? Thanks

You have options:

Computer, My Documents, Aerofly FS 2, addons, scenery, Put both in here.

or if you want to split them up do this:

Aerofly FS 2 Simlator, scenery, images, North Wales Photo Scenery

Aerofly FS 2 Simulator, scenery, places, North Wales Cultivation

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (January 24, 2020 at 5:24 PM).

• I myself made two folders:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Great Britain\images

and

C:\Users\Jeroen\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Great Britain\places

and put all images in the first one and all places (including airports from FSCloud) in the second one. Got 76.5 GB of scenery there! ;) I did this because simply putting the folders from the zips into the scenery folder didn't work for me.

• I had a backlog of England files which I installed today. I tried a short hop from EGLL to EGLC and a bit further East. While Aerials look okay, I observed big patches of missing cultivation buildings just East of EGLL

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/20846/

Strangely enough, the City centre is well-filled with buildings. However, turning further East, there is a sharp cut around EGLC where all cultivation buildings stop immediately.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/20847/

There are several possibilities: (i) OSM data are missing there. (ii) Something is wrong with my installation (which worked quite well so far further towards the North, e.g. Scotland, but who knows). Note, both areas are close to package boundaries (Central England 3 - 4 - 5, I think)

Any idea?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I have the same with missing/random cultivation. One city is completely covered with cultivation and a few kilometers further a city only has one building. I think it's just what you get with scenery that's being created with the current tools. Luckily you don't notice it much when you are cruising high but then you get the problem with textures being loaded in sight. It's just what it is. ;) Nowadays I try to enjoy what's there to enjoy and don't pay too much attention to the rest. ;)

• The large variations in cultivation coverage throughout my "Great Britain Project" is simply down to the amount of OSM Data, no data, no buildings.

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Thanks, Michael - I was afraid it's that. ;(At least no need to look for installation flaws.

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• The large variations in cultivation coverage throughout my "Great Britain Project" is simply down to the amount of OSM Data, no data, no buildings.

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Michael, I seem to remember you making a change for the London area where you removed cultivation to allow the underlying images to show through. Am I wrong in that?

Regards

Kenneth

• Michael, I seem to remember you making a change for the London area where you removed cultivation to allow the underlying images to show through. Am I wrong in that?

Regards

Kenneth

There is an "alternative cultivation pack" which excludes all buildings within the M 25 motorway. Thanks for reminding me Kenneth, cheers Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (January 25, 2020 at 8:00 PM).

• I just want to add my voice of praise for this superb piece of work. You seemed to be producing the scenery quicker than I could install it. I have thoroughly enjoyed it since and there is a sense of suspended reality when I am flying over my home turf. It feels to me like I am really flying. ( that is without VR as well).