Aerofly FS 2 - JustFlight Piper Arrow Turbo III in Zurich!

• New video from progrmr

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• He is a bit too free in criticising the sim for not operating the way he thinks it should when he really has very little idea of how it or a real plane works. He was moving the autopilot bank knob and saying that the aileron trim doesn’t seem to work, he said the GPS time to go (or similar) made no sense when he had Zurich runway 10 in a route and he just eyeballed it onto runway 34, he announced that there were no VORs anywhere near Zurich! There is no harm in doing a first impressions video but for anything even slightly resembling a review, not doing any sort of systems study is not good enough. That video is a recent YouTube entry viewable to anybody and it let down IPACS and JustFlight.

• He is a bit too free in criticising the sim for not operating the way he thinks it should when he really has very little idea of how it or a real plane works. He was moving the autopilot bank knob and saying that the aileron trim doesn’t seem to work, he said the GPS time to go (or similar) made no sense when he had Zurich runway 10 in a route and he just eyeballed it onto runway 34, he announced that there were no VORs anywhere near Zurich! There is no harm in doing a first impressions video but for anything even slightly resembling a review, not doing any sort of systems study is not good enough. That video is a recent YouTube entry viewable to anybody and it let down IPACS and JustFlight.

The thing to remember about progrmr, is that his videos are pretty much all like that, for whatever sim. Think of them as a look at whatever, by a student/casual pilot, still in the process of learning. Usually what happens is somebody corrects him in the comments.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• and he wonders why he wasn’t selected for Alpha Testing for the MFS 2020.

I see his videos as being from an entertainment perspective, not as an example of some sort of deep systems analysis.......

Devons rig

• May I say I hate YT video's in which the guy recording it has no clue what he is doing? Like this one? And 95% of all YT video's? What a waste of time.