New aerofly FS2020 question

• And what is the approximate timetable for the FS2020?

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• If you are talking about our upcoming mobile version, then yes, otherwise please discuss other simulators in the various public forums.

Hmm, so this is going to be a new release as opposed to an update with the 777? I'm assuming all aircraft will be included in the initial purchase like last year?

• Hmm, so this is going to be a new release as opposed to an update with the 777? I'm assuming all aircraft will be included in the initial purchase like last year?

Makes you wonder:

1. if the mobile platform has become the main platform

2. if there will ever be a AFS3

3. if AFS2 would have been far more advanced if IPACS hadn't been working on all these other versions (mobile dvd, Mac)

• Makes you wonder:

1. if the mobile platform has become the main platform

2. if there will ever be a AFS3

3. if AFS2 would have been far more advanced if IPACS hadn't been working on all these other versions (mobile dvd, Mac)

1. No but it would be foolish to not do a mobile version if the simulator can scale down to the performance of a mobile device.

2. There will be a next desktop version at some point, yes

3. Because of the work on mobile aerofly is running very efficiently on desktop. Without the optimizations that went into the mobile version we probably wouldn't have VR support or have framerates in the 200s. Development on the iOS version and desktop go hand in hand. There is virtually no difference between the aircraft systems and all development done there benefits both platforms at the same time.

• 1. No but it would be foolish to not do a mobile version if the simulator can scale down to the performance of a mobile device.

2. There will be a next desktop version at some point, yes

3. Because of the work on mobile aerofly is running very efficiently on desktop. Without the optimizations that went into the mobile version we probably wouldn't have VR support or have framerates in the 200s. Development on the iOS version and desktop go hand in hand. There is virtually no difference between the aircraft systems and all development done there benefits both platforms at the same time.

1. Agreed.

2. Hm...

3. Understood.

• Can you share anything on the immediate plans for mobile 2020 assuming it is a new purchase?

Putting aside the content that users cannot see, last year we got 3 new aircraft, clouds, updated Autopilot, updated lighting/rendering and lost a region (which to be fair did come back).

Are we likely to see more than just the addition of the 777? I get things need to be paid for to keep development going and all for that but obviously want to see something tangible for the repeated outlay. New regions are still the big request for me on mobile.

• Our update cycles in the mobile market are currently quicker compared to the desktop version. This has various reasons, one of them is the fact that the power of mobile devices is growing faster than it does on desktop computers so each year we can add more stuff to the mobile version, but this only works when creating a new version and removing support for older devices. When we mention FS 2020 then it's our version number we attach to Aerofly FS for the mobile version not a name by itself.

We also do not prioritise mobile over desktop, we support both markets.

As for the next mobile version we will add the 777 of course, quite a few enhancements with respect to system depth in many airplanes as well as adding quite a bit more airports compared to FS 2019.

• Just checked the Microsoft official page, and I stand corrected. However, technical correctness and public perception are two different things. You may still be inviting confusion unless you consider naming it "Aerofly 2020".

Meanwhile at this exact moment, there is a thread on the Avsim forums where the OP is arguing that because MS has not named their sim FS2020 we should stop calling it that.

1st world problems..... :P

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• When do you hope to release all the features that are missing, ATC, Traffic etc.

"we are working on it or it's on our list of things to do".

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

Edited once, last by Kloot (November 29, 2019 at 9:14 PM).

• I think it’s a mistake to release a new mobile version every year. I fear IPACS will alienate their mobile fans. I understand the financial reasoning, but it would be better to update the basic mobile app and have in-app purchases or even a subscription system. There are plenty of other apps (including other flight sims) that drop compatibly for certain devices as they are updated.
    That being said, I will buy it the moment it’s released because your sims are the best.

• Although I’m a PC simmer and seldom play the mobile version, recently the thread (originally asking about the MFS2020 but accidentally lead to a new ‘Aerofly FS 2020’) in the PC forum about this FS2020 makes me confused.

What can be expected from this new sim? 777? Some new scenery? Why not using in-app purchase but to release a new app? Although I’m fine with spending some other trivia money for features I already enjoy in the PC version on my iPhone. I’m just afraid many other mobile players will be disappointed or even angry about this decision. If the new app has plenty of new features, it’s ok to release it as a new app. But is it? And one app a year may lead to loss in customers and blemish in the brand.

So I hope IPACS can consider this decision discreetly.

• The Aerofly FS 2020 is going to include all of the aircraft that you see here: https://www.aerofly.com/features/aircraft/ as well as the new B777-300ER and the A380.

If you are already familiar with the Aerofly FS 2 PC version, the mobile version is going to offer pretty much the same aircraft functionality (with additional functionality that has been developed recently) and a very large flying region, bigger than the default PC version but not quite as big as the PC version with all free DLCs installed. I'm estimating that the flying region is at least 5 times larger than the current Aerofly FS 2019 region with beautiful new landscapes. Obviously the PC version has higher resolution ground images and aircraft textures, where file size is not nearly as critical. But still the new Aerofly FS 2020 is going to offer quite an impressive region for a price less than what I spend last evening for a two glasses of water. :)

From our experience most users prefer apps that don't depend on in-app purchases to work. We like to include a lot of content in the base package instead of having tiny but expensive little upgrades and we also do not include any advertisements that interrupts the game play every 30 seconds. I personally enjoy this a lot more than having a free app without any content (unless you spend actual money) and with loads of ads.

And you can take Aerofly FS 2020 with you, fly it whilst commuting or in the commercial break on your favorite TV series without having to start up the PC, etc. I'm still looking forward to seeing the first picture of someone flying in an actual airplane whilst flying the same route in aerofly .