New aerofly FS2020 question

• My best guess is that Northern California, Oregon and Washington will be added as default scenery

If true, then the PC folks will go bananas and be screaming for the Pacific Northwest be added to the desktop versions.

If you look at the full map of the continental USA you will see WA and OR and northern CA, AND a much larger New York area than is included in the DLC. A good guess would be all of these areas will be included in future scenery expansions.

Hmmm:/, indeed it’s been a long long time since last time IPACS released new scenery. They must have done something.

It’s always dream for us PC players to have PNW in Aerofly, years ago orbx announced their TE project and Aerofly was their first choice for this region. It’s really frustrating that it is aborted and they move every resource away from Aerofly to build X-plane product. However, on the other hand, I think it’s even better if IPACS build the PNW scenery themselves, because of much better airports. Nowadays orbx has expand their TE US X-plane product south to our California (I feel that’s a bit of humiliation to Aerofly:cursing:, and I even get angry with X-PLANE and use it less:D), but I don’t think it looks very good comparing with its predecessors. I use autogen downloaded from the org for San Francisco Bay, except water and some building textures, the default scenery plus a free addon doesn’t look worse than the renowned orbx TE scenery. So we have every reason to believe IPACS can build the PNW region even better. As for the possibility that they will bring it to the mobile version first, I don’t think it’s a big deal, they will come to desktop, eventually.

Personally, I would most want to see new DC or Boston scenery to extend my favorite NY DLC if those “maps with different colors” do mean something ;). But I don’t think New York is going to show up in the next mobile version, the scenery is too complexed.

• Yup, LV was shown on mobile a couple of years back and would certainly be welcome - Vegas and the Grand canyon. I just think it starts to lack a bit of variety after a while. One of the reasons the Swiss scenery is so popular - the contrasting landscape with green hills, snow capped mountains etc.

An Island region would extend this contrast as would NY which is also a well know region for many.

Sorry if you live there but I'm sort of sick of Aerofly desert.

• We will expand the region of Aerofly FS mobile to the east, e.g. NV, UT and CO. Of course we are working on PNW ( OR, WA ) as well, but it was our intention to keep the app size below 4 GB for the next version. We can of course offer InApp downloads ( free or paid ) but we personally don't like InApp's as well. The new iOS devices are extremely powerful so in theory we could add a lot more detail, but the limited storage is something we always need to consider.

• Thanks for the info. Don’t be afraid of users storage space, modern iPads are starting at a higher base storage and anyone serious about this on mobile will be sure to devote enough free space. External drive supports means people can also offload movies etc. to ensure they have free space.

• The new iOS devices are extremely powerful so in theory we could add a lot more detail

The chips are indeed powerful, but heat emission has been a huge problem since iPhone X due to the double motherboard design. It’s a bit of struggling for my iPhone XS MAX to even run the FS2019. The phone simply gets too hot after ten minutes of flying and the frame rate severely drops.

• The chips are indeed powerful, but heat emission has been a huge problem since iPhone X due to the double motherboard design. It’s a bit of struggling for my iPhone XS MAX to even run the FS2019. The phone simply gets too hot after ten minutes of flying and the frame rate severely drops.

I set "limit frame rate" and no heating

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• I set "limit frame rate" and no heating

Yup, will also save your battery. I think this caps the game at 30fps meaning no unneccessary processing is done provided you are happy with the experience. No point in running at say 90fps if you are happy with the lower framerate meaning less requirement on SOC and battery.

• We will expand the region of Aerofly FS mobile to the east, e.g. NV, UT and CO. Of course we are working on PNW ( OR, WA ) as well, but it was our intention to keep the app size below 4 GB for the next version. We can of course offer InApp downloads ( free or paid ) but we personally don't like InApp's as well. The new iOS devices are extremely powerful so in theory we could add a lot more detail, but the limited storage is something we always need to consider.

With the new storage options we have, we could do much more than just 4GB.
    I don’t like inApp purchases but I don’t mind InApp free downloads to increase coverage or quality.
    10 or 20 gb on the newest iPads is not much.
    I also would love to see an extended Switzerland region :)

• I like what Feral Interactve did with the likes of Grid Autosport on iOS. Offer the base game as a single price but then also offer optional free IAP for the likes of the high quality texture pack and similar to improve the quality on offer for those who have the additional storage space required.

• Great news Torsten and Jan, thanks, could you consider the cockpit brightness, the 2019 P-38 is dark in daylight so seeing lever positions is difficult, the clicking three position 737 overhead dome light selector doesn’t seem to do much so in proper darkness seeing the parking brake, spoiler handle and minor controls such as transponder and pitot heat switches is a real struggle. A working dome light is nicer than a permanent glow as in the PC 737.

• FS2020 basically contains the same data and features as FS2019, but of course offers a new airplane and new regions. We only moved out a few aerial images due to app sizes. But we might consider a free InApp download once FS 2020 is released that offers even more higher resolution images. But it was our intention to keep the base app below 4 GB.