BOSTON - New Project by TriSoftSim !!!

• Here are some pictures of Boston.:thumbup:

Overall, a remarkable job with quite a few nice things to discover and including many 3D objects!:)

Only downside, I have never been a big fan of these models of buildings for airports.?(

I think with Brunnobelic experience to convert Boston airport would have been a little finishing touch!;)

For the rest, it's a reasonable price!

Scenery produced by the trio of tabu82, brunnobellic, and Spit40.

For sale on:

https://secure.simmarket.com/trisoftsim-aer…s2-boston.phtml

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Will this DLC be available on steam in the future? I have a penchant to add new stuff to my steam repository and I’d like to keep all my AFS2 DLCs uniformly via steam. If not, I’d buy it on

simmarket today.

I thoroughly love the city view but I hope Logan airport can get some updates and some building texture can be improved in the future.

• Will this DLC be available on steam in the future? I have a penchant to add new stuff to my steam repository and I’d like to keep all my AFS2 DLCs uniformly via steam. If not, I’d buy it on

simmarket today.

I thoroughly love the city view but I hope Logan airport can get some updates and some building texture can be improved in the future.

If you ever upgrade the airport I’ll put myself in the list of buyers.

Anyway, congrats for the nice rendition of the city with all those POIs.

Cheers, Ed

I understand they are working on the passenger bridges (gates) and a few other things and are planning on posting an update when these are ready.

Most developers would rather not give Steam such a big cut of the purchase price, but, if sales are steady and strong, there is a good possibility of seeing it on Steam.

• tabu82 ,  brunnobellic , Spit40
    Congratulations to your Boston project. It got a lot of interesting buildings.

However I would like to see those poles to be replaced by a better alternative.

This is how they really look:

I searched for an alternative for you, which should it make easy to replace them, and needs only small resources regading FPS:

One last thing:

I completely miss your attributions regarding models source and ortho source.

Better you include them to prevent any legal issues.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 6 times, last by TomSimMuc (December 20, 2019 at 2:16 PM).

• I do have Boston airport and I put it in but I can't use it due to copy right laws. But we will up grade the airport. Thank you all for your support we appreciate it.:thumbup:

Of course Colin, and I understand that FlyTampa, for example is against the law, but as an alternative, maybe these two models freeware would do the trick, either XP11 or P3D v4, the buildings seem to me quite real, but no idea if this is convertible for AFS 2?

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fil…tional-airport/

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=202850

;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (December 15, 2019 at 4:58 PM).

• I looked at the plane and not allowed to modify or use for payware but ill look at avsim one and see what the legal side is as he said he has been given permission to use from fsx to p3d so might contact and see. But first ill have to see if it will convert. But thank you all for all your help , as you now we want to get it right for you all as this is new to us. This is high on are list of things to do.

• I would like to see those poles to be replaced by a better alternative

I remember that trick from the early days of experimenting with AM radio towers - you auto-gen 1m x 1m buildings that are really tall (with one downside being some of the windows light up at night).

• Good work on Boston chaps. Just had my first flight and loved it thank you. I noticed there was a destroyer off of Logan field. Looks like it is the USS Scott DDG 995. Is that right? Is one of you an ex crew member?

I don't think so, but, this is a nice model of the USS Scott for sure.

• Good day all;

thank your for all your images and suggestion; we got the message.

As you know I worked on this scenery with Colin and Phil to bring Boston into Aerofly;

There is always room from improvements; we know that; but to put things into perspective; to add the airport all that you see there ; we had to go trough challenges which not only related to placing objects but involved software coding; even tracing tarmac lines presented challenges with further coding adjustments needed; I am not going into more particulars as the list goes on and on those who make scenery for aerofly know it well.

Phew

enjoy Boston; an update is always a good idea to adjust and modified bits and pieces.

ray

• I just want to say to the gentlemen involved in the Boston project, your time, effort, and commitment is appreciated. The skills and experience you have gained from this product will stand you in good stead, and these intangible benefits are ultimately transferable to another project you might work on together. Just because some people might not resonate with Boston does not mean they won't line up for whatever you do next time. Keep on keeping on. Keep on developing your skills. It is the third party developers who are keeping interest in AFS2 alive in the eyes of many of our fellow users.

Think back to FSX. Ten years after Microsoft stopped working on it, it is inconceivably more massive than it was on the last day they did anything to it themselves. Why? The third party developers made something more of it than Microsoft did. This is now starting to happen with AFS2, at least in terms of regularly visible results. Of course IPACS is still working away behind the scenes, but the team they have is already smaller than the growing number of hobbyists who are also developing for the platform. This is a new turn of events this year.

Personally, I think IPACS should fly all of you to a meeting and find a way to work in harmony with you. And I also include within that suggestion the people developing payware quality aircraft, tools, etc. How much more could be done if all of these people were working in concert with IPACS instead of in seclusion? IPACS oftens says how small they are, yet a personnel resource is amassing right in front of their eyes, it just needs to be harnessed, educated, and included.

Well, whether with IPACS or independently, all of you are the foundation of the continuance of AFS2 regardless.

And I am about to do my bit. I am now writing regular articles for a leading flightsim website, and I am going to encourage mainline hobbyists to give AFS2 a try, especially in conjunction with the addons that are now available for it. I may not be able to design, but I can leverage my writing ability and encourage people to step into our sandbox and play!

Keep on going gents!!! Keep on going!!!!

- Kenneth

• I just want to say to the gentlemen involved in the Boston project, your time, effort, and commitment is appreciated. The skills and experience you have gained from this product will stand you in good stead, and these intangible benefits are ultimately transferable to another project you might work on together. Just because some people might not resonate with Boston does not mean they won't line up for whatever you do next time. Keep on keeping on. Keep on developing your skills. It is the third party developers who are keeping interest in AFS2 alive in the eyes of many of our fellow users.

Keep on going gents!!! Keep on going!!!!

- Kenneth

HEAR, HEAR.....................

Best wishes, Michael :)