B777-300ER now released! New Update waiting for you :)

• Great news everyone!

The Boeing B777-300ER is now available for the PC Version in the Steam Beta Channel!

More screenshots of this beauty can be found in the initial announcement thread:

Boeing 777-300ER

The B777-300ER is included in the base simulator, so just let Steam work it's magic to update Aerofly FS 2 to the latest beta version and you should be set. It should be right next to the B747 in the aircraft list.

The update also includes many changes to other aircraft :)

2019-12-18 Steam Beta

• Added Boeing 777-300ER to the core simulator
    • F18 additions:
      • Added interactive display menu (press button labeled "menu" once or twice)
      • Added displays: stores, attack radar, HUD, electronic warfare (EW), situation awareness (SA), attitude indicator (ADI), fuel, checklists, engines and flight controls (FCS)
      • Added HUD information: pull up cue, arrow to next waypoint, waypoint designator projected onto the ground, ILS deviation bars, TACAN HSI with arrow to station and deviation indicator, UTC time, day/night mode, brightness control
      • Added HSI options: tactical navigation (TACAN) overlayed on HSI map, options to toggle TCN, ILS and waypoints designator (WPDSG) on the HUD.
      • Added up front controller (UFC) functions: ILS, TACAN and radio beacon tuning and course selection either by typing in the ILS/TACAN channel or by typing in a ILS/VOR/TCN frequency (like "1103" for 110.3 MHz)
      • Changed up front controller (UFC) behavior: autopilot now appropriate on sub-page (push the A/P button to see the autopilot options)
      • Added gear warning: gear lever flashing
    • Added B747 CDU pages: init ref, ident, perf, thrust limit, takeoff, approach (with several functions implemented), route (not operational) and others (not all operational)
    • Added B747 Thrust limit selection via CDU affects maximum thrust used
    • Added A320 MCDU approach page cheats to insert the local wind, pressure and temperature and a suggested baro or radar minimum (click the line select key with empty scratchpad)
    • Added Extra 330 display panel with instruments like GPS ground speed, HSI, GPS altitude, rate of turn, etc.
    • Added Extra 330 display basic menu system (only main page has content at the moment)
    • Changed B58 3D-model textures of the interior and exterior redone, fresher look and sharper textures
    • Added B58 new HD livery with black and orange stripes
    • Added ASG 29 gliding computer menu system and new pages: adjust before takeoff, nearest airfield list, ...
    • Fixed MB339 some switches and knobs were not working correctly
    • Changed LJ45, Q400, C90 transponder switches between fine and coarse increments when the knobs are turned slowly or faster

To help us get this beta update into the release channel of Aerofly FS 2, we kindly ask all users that use the Steam Beta channel to do a thorough test of all existing aircraft to see if the changes to the other aircraft may have messed something up. We've already tested it many times but we could have overlooked something.

Please post all issues related to the new Steam Beta update in this thread.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

• 1) All the 3rd party repaints for your aircraft, and repaints for 3rd party aircraft (payware and freeware) are not displaying. regardless of where the repaint folders are put.

2) Scenery problem at Miami Airport

3) Bit of Wheel showing through left wing on Barron

4) Some of retracted U/C on F18 is breaking into the intake

Matt

Edited 2 times, last by MDIvey (December 18, 2019 at 4:37 PM).

• And the PC-Version?

This is the PC version. Currently only available in the Steam public beta channel but we will move it over to the core version soon.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• thank you, fantastic new improvements !

But yes, all the personal repaints of defauts aircrafts - as well as 3rd party aircrafts disappeared !!!! what a pity ! Shoud we put them outside the documents usual folder ?

More, once again, the Robin Dr 400 disappeared : we cannot see the preview model and if you choose it, the sim crash.

Thx in advance for informations about these bugs, greetings

• Wow, I just put myself in Beta (well, in steam we have to to this I guess), there was a small 25 meg download but no 777 when I open AF2???

Maybe I ma not in Beta? How to?

Many thanks

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• thank you, fantastic new improvements !

But yes, all the personal repaints of defauts aircrafts - as well as 3rd party aircrafts disappeared !!!! what a pity ! Shoud we put them outside the documents usual folder ?

More, once again, the Robin Dr 400 disappeared : we cannot see the preview model and if you choose it, the sim crash.

Thx in advance for informations about these bugs, greetings

This is due to a change from "repaint.tmr" files to "option.tmc" files. As far as I know we already corrected the Steam DLC versions for the 3rd party aircraft. Do you have these or did you buy them separately, downloaded and installed them?

• Wow, I just put myself in Beta (well, in steam we have to to this I guess), there was a small 25 meg download but no 777 when I open AF2???

Maybe I ma not in Beta? How to?

Many thanks

Ben

Please verify your steam game file integrity. The update should be larger than that.

• This is due to a change from "repaint.tmr" files to "option.tmc" files. As far as I know we already corrected the Steam DLC versions for the 3rd party aircraft. Do you have these or did you buy them separately, downloaded and installed them?

Jan,

Very important questions here.

I am in the middle of writing an AFS2 review for Flightsim.com. It specifically will encourage people to give the product a try on slightly older systems. In my case, I cannot fly the Just Flight GA fleet in FSX because the sim becomes a slide show, BUT the same four aircraft fly beautifully in AFS2.

I was planning to get the article to Flightsim.com within the next week, but with this beta issue, it calls that into question. What happens if the beta goes into general release? What if JustFlight have not yet updated their aircraft supplied to non-steam retailers? And what if they don't get a patch out for existing buyers who bought non-steam versions? Should I delay the article? I would hate to encourage demand for AFS2 and JF aircraft, only to find that people cannot use them while this change takes place.

I do hope you'll contact JustFlight every time a change in the program renders one of their products inoperable. This is vital to keep their interest alive in supporting AFS2.

And one more thought... What if a future update rendered third party scenery inoperable? Take Michael who has been working through the entire UK for example. Would all his work be for nothing at some time? If that happened, how would a person "roll back" their AFS2 to run the addons they like? Is there a way for a user to "save" a version that they are happy with?

- Kenneth

• 1) All the 3rd party repaints for your aircraft, and repaints for 3rd party aircraft (payware and freeware) are not displaying. regardless of where the repaint folders are put.

2) Scenery problem at Miami Airport

3) Bit of Wheel showing through left wing on Barron

Matt

Please verify the game file integrity... Can you please test if the issues go away if you use the new safe-mode option?

I do hope you'll contact JustFlight every time a change in the program renders one of their products inoperable.

We do and we also do most of these changes in the Steam version for them so that users shouldn't notice any issues when they just use the steam version. Aerofly is actively developed and that means things are changing from time to time. We're doing out best to inform 3rd party developers ahead of time and we usually publish a beta first so that any user can still stay in the release version and keep using the 3rd party aircraft if they want to. But this means they would have to manage two versions for the users that are not using the Steam DLCs, which is why we eventually want to update the release version with the new features, to bring everyone back on the same page.

that's a bit of a pain in the neck Jan!

Matt

This is in preparation of a new feature, which will allow you to select modifications for an aircraft. E.g. switch the landing gear configuration, engine type, propeller, external loads and other neat features. This feature needs further testing still and is not yet included in this update. But it will offer greater flexibility for cool new features and was implemented for 3rd party developers.

We'll evaluate if we can offer limited time legacy support for this or maybe you guys can also find ways to automatically convert these files.

• Please verify the game file integrity... Can you please test if the issues go away if you use the new safe-mode option?

We do and we also do most of these changes in the Steam version for them so that users shouldn't notice any issues when they just use the steam version. Aerofly is actively developed and that means things are changing from time to time. We're doing out best to inform 3rd party developers ahead of time and we usually publish a beta first so that any user can still stay in the release version and keep using the 3rd party aircraft if they want to. But this means they would have to manage two versions for the users that are not using the Steam DLCs, which is why we eventually want to update the release version with the new features, to bring everyone back on the same page.

This is in preparation of a new feature, which will allow you to select modifications for an aircraft. E.g. switch the landing gear configuration, engine type, propeller, external loads and other neat features. This feature needs further testing still and is not yet included in this update. But it will offer greater flexibility for cool new features and was implemented for 3rd party developers.

We'll evaluate if we can offer limited time legacy support for this or maybe you guys can also find ways to automatically convert these files.

Thanks Jan.

Glad to know you guys are on top of this. Will the beta move into mainstream over the Christmas holiday? If so, I better re-schedule my AFS2 article until the waters have settled.

- Kenneth