Lynx MK7 now available

• Please understand that we were quite busy in the background with new big features and we tried to release a new Android, iOS and a big update for the Steam version all before Christmas, which was very successful I think. We'll do our best to bring the helicopter into the Sim as soon as possible and we're really sorry that we had to keep you waiting for such a long time.

That’s very good news Jan. Thanks for the update.

• Merry Christmas to you too. Next year will be very creative indeed :)

Haven't you been saying that for the last couple of years "Next year will see big stuff" and here we are on the 20th of Dec 2019 and still no real news about any of the promised big features but oh, we did get to pay someone (3rd party) for ATC that should be in the game from the devs by now. I was here in the beginning, I did tutorials , released a high res airport etc, but got very disillusioned because once again another dev has made big promises but has failed to live up to them, instead has chosen to develop version for other systems with the money paid by US, the PC users. Here is my prediction for these big features that are "COMING", they will be DLC, iow, pay us more money for features we said would be in the original game.

• The thread should be locked - it is just being used by a group hostile to IPACS, as a vehicle to abuse the developers, both official and community.

MikeW

Mike W you are out of order my friend, you do not have the right to shut people down and once that starts you start losing users . No One is getting abused they are merely pointing out they are being ignored. If anyone is being abused its the people here for being ignored by the developers.

I want to know why the developers failed to assist Steve in developing his Lynx as it sounds like you don't understand that we need a turbine helicopter as while the r22 is a great little flyer both on here ( superbly modelled as I am rated on one in real life) it is also power limited in real life and we need a turbine so we can fly when it hot high humid or heavy.

• Can ipacs provide an update on the release of the Lynx, otherwise it’s delete time again and back to x plane 11.

Can ipacs provide an update LOL you made my day. Delete time it is. (Also for this post, I presume.)

• Would be nice if I knew what was happening too :/

They have been too busy with the mobile version which is fine but they just need to say … we are really busy with the mobile version but we will get back to AFS 2 by x date. Not that hard.

We really need a turbine helicopter as it would be the same as AF2 only having a single Cessna 152 instead of the large fleet of fixed wings on offer and with someone like you doing all the hard work compiling the code to get a turbine in the fleet they should be falling over themselves... I would be!

• Things are moving in the right direction at last, will keep you all posted.

Perhaps I may regret releasing when the time comes with all the questions and comments but it's all good fun. Have added extra bits to the hydraulics whilst I have been waiting so if your in the wrong flight mode and number one engine fails ( ie you stop it as FS2 doesn't have failures yet) the controls will freeze as you loose all hydraulic power even though the rotors are still turning. Any more authentic and Westland Helicopters will get jealous

Been busy in the meantime with my next project to stop my brain going to sleep. Tried the piano but soon realised I ain't going to master it :rolleyes:

Steve

• talking of CH53’s this’ll make you giggle.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it still to this day amazes me that a flight sim was released without a rotary aircraft. And now, this far down the line, we have only one.
    I wonder how much longer we have to wait this year?

You do realize that the development of the R22 took almost a year? That's why we didn't delay the release for the entire flight sim and the other 20+? aircraft that it comes with. Outstanding helicopter flight physics are not implemented just like that.

• You do realize that the development of the R22 took almost a year? That's why we didn't delay the release for the entire flight sim and the other 20+? aircraft that it comes with. Outstanding helicopter flight physics are not implemented just like that.

It took a year because you are a small dev team. Don't take me wrong. I love Aerofly. It got me in to flight sim and it keeps me there because of vr. I just worry about the future cause things are slow and there are some big players at the horizon with VR promises coming up. You are a small dev team and you have your pace and I've bought everything from all third party devs and the community must be one of the best out there. But I still worry. Ipacs will survive but only because of mobile... Hope I'm wrong❤️

• It took a year because you are a small dev team. Don't take me wrong. I love Aerofly. It got me in to flight sim and it keeps me there because of vr. I just worry about the future cause things are slow and there are some big players at the horizon with VR promises coming up. You are a small dev team and you have your pace and I've bought everything from all third party devs and the community must be one of the best out there. But I still worry. Ipacs will survive but only because of mobile... Hope I'm wrong❤️

A lot of the time for the development was spent on evaluating different approaches and parameters with real world pilots and real world flight data. It's not easy to obtain real world flight data and was quite time consuming. I don't think a bigger company would be faster here unless they really throw a lot of money at it and buy new equipment for horrendous amounts of money to be able to do flight tests in parallel. But they still would have to wait for the right weather conditions and would for the pilots to have enough time (or spend even more money). One could also cut corners in the product quality to speed things up but this is clearly not what we are doing. We put quality first and we try to do all things for the long run.

E.g. our graphics engine is running so quickly because throughout the entire development process quality was prioritized. And with that I mean code that is well thought out for the long run, scale-able, efficient and using modern techniques. You can't just blow up an old graphics engine and then try to optimize it and expect to get the same results.

To draw a parallel to airplanes:

One tactic would be to build a brand new aircraft using only the latest materials, latest engines and airfoils. This allows you to do everything right this time. Already drill in holes where you need to add something later, even though it takes time to prepare for the future. This obviously is not cheap and takes a lot of time for development.

The other option would be to keep the old design and put new engines under it. This second method involves moving the engines forward and up because they don't fit under the wings because the landing gear was not designed with bigger engines in mind. But moving the engines and the huge cowlings has unwanted side effects when s*** get's real and it get's harder to recover from a stall. You could then add a new feature to try and patch that problem which may lead to unwanted side effects or even crashes because you may not have enough time left before the "release". Then you need to add another bug fix to fix the first bug fix. But you can't redesign too much or else you lose "backwards compatibility" and the pilots will need new training. Of course you too have to make the cockpit new and shiny and add all the latest features. It has to look like a major step forward and state of the art.

And it probably is alright and safe to fly this re-engined aircraft once the initial issues have been sorted out. I'd be happy to fly it for the first time. But in the end the new design is much more efficient and uses way less fuel, has better handling qualities and is probably more user friendly in many ways. From the clean cockpit interfaces to the wider passenger seats to the easier maintenance at much longer intervals.

(Sorry for the long post. )

• You do realize that the development of the R22 took almost a year? That's why we didn't delay the release for the entire flight sim and the other 20+? aircraft that it comes with. Outstanding helicopter flight physics are not implemented just like that.

I have said this before but as a real life r22/44 pilot the R22 is so close to the real thing the only thing missing is the feeling of gravity. Gravity makes secondary side effects in the real R22 feel bigger like the shake at ETL or the inflow roll or the flare you make in an auto and the feeling of gravity on your arse. This R22 has all that I have found as I have to adjust the cyclic and Collective and pedals just like in real life but it seems less because there is no gravity effect but I have come to the conclusion the flight model is 95% spot on. I love this r22 and it just keeps me coming back and my wish is to have the r22/44/66 in the stable. Please keep developing these rotary wing models and if the plank flyers abandon you for MSFS2020 look after the heli flyers as knowing MSFS it will have crappy heli flight models as they will do exactly what you didn't they will patch a fixed wing model to behave like a flying hovercraft. I rate your r22 10/10.

Yes they are outstanding flight dynamics and the only thing missing is gravity and if this sim was on a 6 DOF flight sim platform it is a bang on commercial sim.