• When will we get a turbine helicopter to fly at altitude please?

The r22 is awesome but its a piston engine and even in real life ( I fly one) its severely power limited but none the less a lot of fun but we need something more like a r66 or a huey ( yes a huey yessss) or a Bell 206 or anything with a turbine. I was really looking forward to the Lynx but one of the moderators locked the thread so I guess that's not going to happen even though it was what we all needed.

Please no more fixed wings until we get a turbine please.:cursing:

• Thankyou for listening . I can tell you as a person that fly's R22's that your simulation is very good and very realistic and even ahead of X plane 11.

If we could get a turbine like an R66 which while is not my favourite it shares a lot in common with the r22 in terms of handling and flight dynamics it just has a lot more power so you could just tweek the r22 flight model for more power.

Thanks

• The r66 probably has a larger rotor diameter and different tail rotor which makes it a completely new aircraft to set up. Maybe the instrument panel is similar but apart from that it is a new aircraft an will require just as much work as all others.

The flight physics in aerofly are not that simple. There is no power parameter that changes everything and would yield a bigger helicopter. All the masses and dampers are fine tuned, the drive train with the gear ratio and angles of the blades are carefully set up for the r22.

• There is an AS350 which I have flown personally in AFS2, this year, Jan. It is there, has a professional flight model. I understand that Airbus might be the roadblocker to release it public. I am pretty sure that neither Mointainflyers nor VRM are the roadblockers either. I strongly assume that it is not you, IPACS. In the end, neither the R22 Mountainflyers livery was released, which is available, neither we have seen here an attempt to release the As350. As least no effort has been shown in the forum.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Actually they got already the SH09 Helicopter from Kopter Group Mollis in AFS2 ... a pitty that there is no release to the community of these gems ...

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• And such developments bind resources of a small team and we are told that they develope things like ATC or weather. Believe what you want but there was not much new we have seen last year and a new tripple seven does not make things better. I am fed up with ipacs secretiveness.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• So much silence ?! Maybe an AFS 3 in sight, who knows?:/ Maybe that would be the answer to all these questions?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4