Upgraded to Samsung Odyssey Plus

• With the price down to $229 I finally took the plunge and imported one into the UK on the grounds that I could sell it if it didn't suit me. From mixed reviews, I had fairly low expectations. I have been using the Acer WMR headset and have also briefly tried the Dell Visor, HP Reverb and Quest with Oculus Link. With the Reverb, I could not get my eyes close enough to the sweet spot, so it didn't work for me. The Quest was OK, but screen door is much worse than my Acer. The FOV was increased if I took off the face mask, though I could not wear it like this for long. When I tried the Odyssey+, I was pleasantly surprised. For reading dials, it seems as clear as the Acer (same horizontal resolution), with clarity exending further towards the edges; maybe just a tiny bit softer in the centre. However, it feels much clearer due to the increased contrast. The FOV is wider. With the Dell Visor, I get a 65 degree horizontal field of view using a crude test (I have to look left and right with this and that gives a reduced estimate because your eyes move closer to the edges of the lenses). With the Acer it was 75 degrees and with the Samsung it is 95. If I gaze straight ahead I am just aware of the screen edges at the extreme left and right, which is optimal. My only problem, which has been stated by others, is that to get to the sweet spot, I have to press it onto the top of my nose.

Was it worth the upgrade? Absolutely! Everywhere looks brighter and the increased FOV makes it a little more immersive. The biggest difference is night flying, which is just mind blowing with the Amoled screens (the Acer has fairly poor contrast ratio). For any flight simmers looking for an entry into VR I would recommend this if you can pick one up at such a low price. I personally prefer it to the Reverb, but this is probably just down to my head shape. Most complaints refer to WMR controller tracking, but this is a non-issue for flying.

• I too love my Odyssey. The colors and Anti Screen Door really increase the expierence. I love sunset or evening flying, right when the streetlights turn on with a bit of fog increase. Glad you found a good deal, and one that fits your head ;) I've also noticed the past week a bit of a performance boost. Not sure if that was WMR side or SteamVR side?