A WISH FOR 2020: PILATUS PC-6 TURBO-PORTER for AFS 2

• A great wish for this new year would be a PC-6 for AFS-2

This model would be one of the greatest assets for flying in the Alps and especially during climbs like Lukla!

My request had already been made to JustFlight and Milviz, but who is currently waiting?

I have no doubt that there are a few of you in this community who have immense talent and know how to make this model, would certainly be fantastic for the whole community, whether in freeware or payware. ;)

Here is a video and also a little history:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Pilatus PC-6 Porter is a single-engine, short-wing take-off and landing (ADAC) utility aircraft designed by the Swiss aircraft manufacturer Pilatus Aircraft. Produced either with a piston engine (Porter) or with a turboprop (Turbo-Porter), it made its first flight in 1959 and was manufactured under license by Fairchild Hiller in the United States. After 597 aircraft built in six decades, Pilatus stopped production in 2019.

With remarkable maneuverability performance, the prototype (s / n 337), registered HB-FAN and called Yeti, was engaged in March 1960 in the Swiss expedition having carried out the first ascent of the Dhaulagiri in the Himalayan massif. It demonstrates its usefulness there and is brought to reach plateaus at 5,700 m above sea level where the limits of motorization are felt. With him, pilots Ernst Saxer and Emile Wick set the still unmatched record for landing at the highest altitude with an aircraft with fixed wings, at 5,750 m. After 16 refueling flights carried out until May 4, they landed at the North Pass at 5,700 meters above sea level on May 5, 1960. During take-off, the Porter was badly damaged and was abandoned. Its carcass is still present on the scene at an altitude of 5,200 m.

An aircraft suitable for mountainous countries, the Pilatus Porter PC6 has long been associated with the name of Hermann Geiger, a Swiss pilot specializing in glacier landings who used it for tasks such as mountain rescue, transport of fodder and equipment ski lifts.

Thank you and good luck to those who might have time, the pleasure, and the passion to develop it!:)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (January 6, 2020 at 12:25 AM).

• Let's just go back to the latest news about Milviz for a moment, however the door is not fully closed.?(

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4