• I'm fairly new to AF2 on Windows (long time on mobile) but wanted to ask about VULKAN support and if there is still refinements happening or known issues with it? I'm seeing some visual anomalies but the performance of it is great. This is with the non beta Steam version.

I'm running an Intel Hades Canyon with the AMD Radeon Vega M GH GPU. I have FPS cap at 120 and running at 1440p with medium settings. Under OpenGL, I can start in the Dash at Newark and get 120fps but when flying over upper Manhattan and approaching LaGuardia it dips down to around 60 fps. If I do the exact same trip under VULKAN, it remains solid at 120fps all the way - a great improvement for my set up. The only issue with VULKAN are some visual things like a black shimmering instead of bright reflections on the aircraft or weird building textures at Newark at night time. Are these known issues or is this specific to my setup?

• Donka,

Make sure that you download and install the latest video card drivers. This is important when it comes to the use of Vulkan. Also, try setting your graphics settings to ultra and use the high quality move with Vulkan. You should be able to run Aerofly with this level of quality and still maintain good performance.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks both.

I'll give it a try this evening. Incidentally, I'm on the latest drivers but they are supplied by Intel due to it being a custom AMD GPU for their NUC and nearly a year old now! I've read people have had success running the latest official AMD drivers so will explore that.

• Thanks both.

I'll give it a try this evening. Incidentally, I'm on the latest drivers but they are supplied by Intel due to it being a custom AMD GPU for their NUC and nearly a year old now! I've read people have had success running the latest official AMD drivers so will explore that.

Yes, always try to use the drivers directly from the manufacturer. Also, make sure that Aerofly is running on the AMD video card and not the INTEL if its equipped

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, always try to use the drivers directly from the manufacturer. Also, make sure that Aerofly is running on the AMD video card and not the INTEL if its equipped

Yup, the Hades Canyon is a curious beast, Intel i7 8809G paired with AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH. Definitely using the AMD GPU but 'officially', only Intel supply the drivers for the AMD GPU since it was a custom solution for their powerful NUC and Intel didn't have a suitable solution ready. The i7 has embedded Intel HD 630 graphics. MSI Afterburner confims AMD being used during testing with OpenGL.

The driver supplied by Intel is a rebranded AMD driver and control panel though so I'll give the latest official AMD driver a test over the next couple of days now others are reporting it works. The performance improvement with Vulkan genuinely shocked me so if I can clean up these visual anomalies I'll be a happy man!