OAHU for AFS2 in development - Share our excitement!

• Once we release our 2nd Hawaiian Island package you will be able to start your island hopping experiences. The four airports on Kauai can be starting places or destinations from the Maui County islands with four new island opening up with 7 airports. A slight complication is that you will be overflying Oahu, our crown jewel in this Hawaiian Scenery package. I don't know exactly how this is going to look for you, but, for now, that is how this is unfolding.

Hopefully, our 3rd release - the Big Island of Hawaii - will follow close behind the Maui County release and will be able to extend your flight time and destinations yet again. The Big Island has 6 airports and two helipads.

The commercial commuter flights are constantly changing both in the number of flights, the actual aircraft types and the airports on the islands. This Covid-19 pandemic has seriously affected the tourist trade and especially when you will be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival. Most folks can't afford to fly to Hawaii and stay two weeks and fly back home and not have a job to produce some income.

This sudden drop in tourists and the nearly empty flights have created some unlikely mergers and acquisitions in the smaller island hopping businesses. The competitors are being forced to join together to cut their losses and try to keep their airplanes in the air and away from the bankruptcy lawyers.

Some of the larger airports have direct flights originating on the U.S. mainland with destinations bypassing Honolulu, PHNL. So in addition to island hopping you can load up one of our larger airliners and fly direct to Maui or Lihue from Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or any of the military bases in the western U. S.

• Hello Again. I got a little sidetracked waiting for the new EC135 helicopter to arrive so this morning I decided I had waited long enough and was going to get back in my normal routine.

We got bogged down a bit with our Maui County trying to figure out the curvature of the earth when trying to keep a boat or ship in the water. We are still scratching our heads, but, some of the team has been pulled away to work their day jobs or their own special projects or summer vacation. Not to worry, they will be coming back to join in the race to the finish line.

We added some astonishing new and previously unseen additions close to the Maui airport and cleaned up a few more things. We are still waiting for the final orthos before packing up and uploading for you. We don't even have a guess at when that will be, but, the orthos are necessary for things to look correct and have the expect Hawaiian colors.

Meanwhile, some of us jumped ahead and started working on the Big Island and this is what I would like to show you today. This is a built from scratch mega hotel resort overlooking a small bay and surrounded by a golf course. This is typical of the West coast of Hawaii. It just goes to show what can be done with a scenic view and a train load of money to attract the tourists with seemingly unlimited money and time to spend on vacation.

This is the Sheraton Kona Resort at Keauhou Bay and the Kona Country Club Golf Course. The blue roofed complex is the Mauna Loa Village. This required a full week of creative work then a few more days and nights to bring it to life. The orthos are temporary just so we could add the proper trees in the exact locations and find the greens and sand traps. Amazing isn't it?

This is located about 12 miles South of the Kona Airport and will be one of those "if you look out your window on the right, you will see . . . ." when starting your letdown for Kona. There is another similar level resort under construction a few miles up the coast that I will show you soon.

• I've been exploring the Napali coast on Kauai with the EC135... you guys have nailed this gorgeous scenery. Flew this coast in another recently released sim and it is not even close to the beauty that has been modelled in AFFS2. Hit it out of the park.

Kudo's

• Thanks Mr. Bean for your nice remarks.

The team is cranking up to make a push to complete Maui County for our 2nd major release. We were delayed with delay after delay but now have the updated and color matched orthos for checking.

The delay can be traced back to COVID-19 and follow on effects.

We will get some images posted in a day or two. 😎

• I made my normal rounds this morning and all is well. Yes, a lot could be better, but, we must lower our expectations and go with what we have. We put a ton of work into this area of Maui. Check out the new mall off the left wing and the Harbor is active with a Cruise ship and a Container Ship loading/unloading. We have moving road traffic in and about the area.

The large building at the airport is the Rental Car facility. Probably the largest business on Maui prior to the Pandemic. Yes, we have small aircraft flying the pattern here also. Sailboats animated offshore.

Middle pic is a touch and go to show the runway details.

4th pic - a look over to the left at the helicopter and GA ramp at Maui

and finally the main terminal and air carrier gates.

enjoy. 8o

• You really couldn't see the new malls from the previous screenshots. I flew a loop around the harbor area to show you the mall details. This scenery should be an absolute delight for the EC-135 and other low and slow movers.