OAHU for AFS2 in development - Share our excitement!

• I agree on the living element of the sceneries. One of the things I love about other implementations are on final approach for example into an airport and you can see vehicle movement on the roads around the airport. Defintely something extra. It doesn't have to be a lot but even just a few random cars, buses or trucks makes a huge difference.

Edited once, last by donka: typo (January 27, 2020 at 12:57 PM).

• One observation on the last image posted, it appears the coastal water transition is very clean but almost too clean if that makes sense? It's hard for me to comment too much going off an image though - just my opinion.

In some areas it is "clean" I agree, but I can assure you there's so much to see in this scenery, you might not notice it as much as you think when flying. Besides, think "continental shelf drop-off" (Remember Finding Nemo?).

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (January 27, 2020 at 6:22 PM).

• What is an island without ships? - Some are static, others are animated.

23. The carriers are land-able. (But, this was a fly-by for those who think I'm too low)

24. Navy Replenishment Oilers. (And this is your first look at Ford Island by the way.. More detail still being added there)

25. Tankers...

26. Cruise anyone?

27. Now this is just beautiful..

As I said before, There's still more to come and more to show...

- Kenneth

• Work continues in bringing Oahu to life for AFS2. So, here are a few more preview shots. And a question... Where will you land the Lynx?

28. How about on the deck of a carrier beside Ford Island?

29. Or high on a hillside beside radar facilities?

30. Beside other helicopters on a military base?

31. Or where you can watch the paratroopers descending?

32. You could always relax with a view of the hills

33. Or test your skills on a city skyscraper landing pad!

No matter where you look in this incredible FREE scenery (still in development), there's plenty to see, especially from the R22 or the new Lynx Mk7.

- Kenneth

• Fantastic achievement! Look forward to discovering one more wonder!:thumbup:

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (February 8, 2020 at 10:04 AM).

• Kenneth, My first startup of the Lynx was the helideck on the Patuxent on the East dock at Ford Island. This is the new version by ZoSoChile.

I expect to see them all over the island. A U.S. Coast Guard repaint for the Lynx 7 would be a great hit. Hint. Hint.

• Attention aircraft re-painters. We are looking for an experienced aircraft-artist to bring us some repaints that would be suitable for flying in Oahu airspace. The successful person will be given early access to the beta of the scenery as a thank you.

Let's start with the defaults.

1. Boeing 737 in Aloha Air Cargo colors.

2. Airbus A320 repainted to represent the A321neo that Hawaiian uses

3. Dash Q-400 in colors of Island Air

4 Cessna 172 from Barbers Point Flight School

The third party fleet

We are looking for fictional repaints of the excellent Lynx helicopter by LarryLynx. We know the aircraft was never used in real life by the US armed forces, but.... A Lynx done up in the following schemes would be great fun in Oahu.

Interested re-painters please get in touch ASAP.

- Kenneth

• I will delete the post and see if I can re-save the mages to a smaller file size for another upload.. I also have experienced very slow loading of the entire forum for the last few hours. In fact, at times it would not load at all. I doubt it is because of these images. However, I will re-compress at a different jpeg setting.

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (February 12, 2020 at 4:22 AM).

• The work on Oahu for AFS2 continues. Sometimes it genuinely feels like a real construction site around here! The level of behind-the-scenes attention to detail is stunning.

• We have one member of the group re-doing some of the ortho, even removing burned in images of ships, cars, and parked aircraft.
    • We have another team member pushing the envelope on city building designs, with textures such as you've never seen in AFS2 before.
    • We have parking lots being constructed with crazy levels of detail.
    • We have buildings with solar panels on them.
    • We have bridges being built.
    • New airport terminals are being worked on.
    • There are more animated ships, animated aircraft, animated paratroopers, and possibly some animated vehicles on some of the roads.

The list goes on and on.

So, let me simply share some of the work-in progress screenshots, and let you see for yourself. And remember... It might already be changed by the time you see these shots! I will split into two parts for easier loading.

- Kenneth

• OAHU UPDATE:- March 11th, 2020

Been almost a month since I last posted here, and an update is long overdue. There's so much being added to Oahu for AFS2, that the best way to show it off is in a ton of new screenshots. Not gonna' identify locations this time, just feast your eyes on the next few posts. And remember... It's going to be FREEWARE.

- Kenneth

More to come in the next post.... below!