OAHU for AFS2 in development - Share our excitement!

• It is amazing what a team of talented individuals can do - maybe better attention to detail than many third party developers. My current favorite scenery is still Monterrey, CA by ORBX (high resolution textures ) so it will be great to compare this Hawaii with that experience. I like to fly low, looking out the side windows in VR as I make a tight left turn and say to myself - "how cool is this!!"

• It is amazing what a team of talented individuals can do - maybe better attention to detail than many third party developers. My current favorite scenery is still Monterrey, CA by ORBX (high resolution textures ) so it will be great to compare this Hawaii with that experience. I like to fly low, looking out the side windows in VR as I make a tight left turn and say to myself - "how cool is this!!"

Dave, I venture to say you will not be disappointed flying low and slow in VR around Oahu. There are very obvious differences in a commercial scenery package like Orbx's KMRY and our rag tag totally volunteer team building a freeware product for our community. We will be introducing many new and exciting items, never before seen in AFS2, plus a coverage area more than 10X the KMRY area. Animation plays a large part, it is all over and around the island, trams running along the main streets, creative high rise buildings like you have never seen in AFS2, new realistic airport terminals with passenger bridges and gates, parking garages, control towers, etc, break new ground. Realistic air traffic in several locations, large and small boats and ships moving about, an aircraft carrier that you can land and takeoff on, and many, many more features. Our helipads aren't just a place to takeoff and land choppers - they are showplaces, some with their own animations (like "really cool places").

And a gazillion high definition cars and trucks all over the island with miles and miles of elevated Interstate highway.

The sky is now part of the AFS2 world in our Oahu scenery - blimps, balloons, sky divers, sea planes, military formation flights, classic fighters, modern airliners in the pattern, and a handful of hang gliders on the mountainside. All flying for your entertainment. Cool for sure.

• Now .. most of us are at home, cannot fly in real .. WE NEED HAWAII :)

SUCK CORONA

I feel for you Higgy. Just a few hundred more items to complete, then the necessary optimization and quality checks, then we will be at the beta level. 8o

I also echo Ray’s reply to the above message. It is an amazing work. ORBX standard? Well, close. But Orbx has access to resources we do not have, and that makes a difference. It will not have the Characteristic ORBX feel, but it is still a masterpiece with massive immersion factor built in. People will enjoy it immensely.

- Kenneth

• For those interested in the Marine Corps Base Hawaii development, we have added some really sharp new static aircraft to reflect the recent upgrades in activity for worldwide training to defeat increased terrorist activities.

The upgraded commercial ramp is full today with the European's arrival on the big KLM Airbus and the super sharp B787-9. The others are an American B777 and a couple of Continental 757 cargos. (left ramp).

The mid ramp has some mainstay P-3 Orions on the back row with 5 new Poseidon P-8s up front. The 2 four-engine ones are KC-135 tankers to keep them flying longer.

All the older C-130H models have now been upgraded to the C-130J models and four Gulfstreams have now been assigned for executive transportation.

On the rotary ramp that is almost out of sight you will find a covey of H60s, UH-60s and other multi-mission choppers along with several CH-53K King Stallions.

On any given day you might find an F-22 Raptor or a couple of F-18 Super Hornets on the transit ramp or just in for a short visit.

Keep in mind this is a work in progress and apt to be changed at any moment.

Just when I was ready for takeoff to zip over to FORD Island to check out the newly updated Pacific Air Museum these 4 paratroopers drop in. All landed in the target zone, just to the right of runway 22.

• ROUND THE RAMPS - PART ONE

It's time for another big photographic update of OAHU in development. Yes, I know many of you wish it would be released, especially while you are stuck at home. However, our developers are making use of this "grounded" opportunity to keep on adding more, more, and even more detail to the island. In fact, work is in progress on other islands in the Hawaiian chain too.

Last update, we went aloft and had a look from the balloon. This time, we're going low.. really low. We're going to ground level to take a look round some of the airports (and other landing areas), from the ramp, tower, and even in the trees! We'll focus on views of static aircraft, and many of these have never been seen in Aerofly before. So here goes... ENJOY!!

(Ps.. This will be a multi-post update!!!)

- Kenneth

1. Dillingham

2. Our own private Helicopter operation near Turtle Beach

3. Mormon missionaries only! On the ground at Brigham Young University

4. We built a strip at Ka'ena Point

5. Wheeler Army Airfield

OK, only 10 images per post.. So off to work on part two!

• What a fantastic serie of manificent detailled scenery of airports with a staggering varity of civil and military planes.

When the Hawaii scenery is completed it will be a 'juwel in the crown' for shure, very well done...

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Hey Gang,

Not to preempt Kenneth with this great "show and tell", but for those of us that are looking forward to some serious "Island Hopping" I just got a first look at the progress being made for Kahului Airport on Maui. This airport is nearly ready for the team to see and to start adding more special touches and testing.

My first impression of this work in progress is that it could easily be one of the finest airport developments in our Hawaii scenery.

Hang tight and someone will post some knock you socks off screenshots of this latest airport developmetn soon. Soon is relative as we have time zone around the world to contend with. 8o