OAHU for AFS2 in development - Share our excitement!

• Like in previous postings here, I must also express my impression after making first flights over this magnificent scenery: it's top-quality and

better said payware-quality and that only for a small part sofar that I discovered so many goodies in detailled scenery elements all around.

I just posted my first serie of screenshots of the Island Kauai in the Gallery.....

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• THANK YOU VERY MUCH

to this fabulous team who knew how to do much more than a simple project, but a gigantic and very detailed scene as in real life!:love:

And as Thomas said `` And the best: it's free! '':thumbup:

I would even say more than that, it is certainly one, see even the most beautiful scene realized that I have observed until today in FREE, all simulator confused!

A well deserved donation in honor to the whole team will be made on flight-sim.org;)

BRAVO and THANKS to all !!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Johnny, really good pictures. We should engage you for advertisment :)

I already noticed Ikbenik makes great snapshots, nice angles of views, composition, he's definitely talented...

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• WOW. There are a lot of folks out there sharing our excitement. I just watched a short 10 min R-22 video tour of only a very small part of Kauai. This one is filled with narrations by the VR pilot. Great version of the Japanese pilot making an emergency landing on Niihau.

The small jet tour, yes the one that scares the cows, shows practically the entire island in 30 min. No sense in adding yet another link for them, they are easy to find and both are highly recommended.

The team is back at work trying this and that to push the Maui package out for you. We don't even have a rough estimate yet on when that will be. I did see all the islands from the Flight Levels with absolutely no cloud cover this morning. Color matching and ortho corrections are the name of the game this week.

I got an E-Book in my inbox today for visiting Maui. Good timing. Not a single photo in 304 pages, but lots of recommendations about lots of details. duh. zzzzzzzz.

I'm thinking about writing my own blog for you guys. Concerning your upcoming vacation to the Hawaiian Islands as a flight sim pilot. All those tourist lists of 10 things to do or not do, or 12 things to pack for your trip, or somebody's last minute checklist before you get on the plane or what to pack in one suitcase. Folks, I am here to tell you - you don't need any of those lists.

Yep, you can forget the sunblock, swim suit, backpack, camera, cash, bug spray, snacks. None required for sim pilots.

What might be useful is to spend some of your waiting time learning your way around the islands. What is on this island and what is on that island and that sort of stuff. Which one has the big mountains and where are the really big canyons and where are the big airports and where are the little airports. Any grass airports? Yep, nice one.

No hiking gear, no list of waterfalls, no need to compare prices of different golf courses or condos, or rental cars. Nope, none needed.

But, it would be nice to know where some of the towns and resorts that we hear about on TV or while watching golf on Sundays are located. Kapalua and Ka'annipali are in West Maui, Makena and Wailea are South with beaches. Pukalani is high up the mountain. These are open to the public.

Private golf on Maui is the King Kamehameha Golf Club in the central valley with views of the south coast and Mt. Haleakala.

Are there any real towns on Maui or just resorts and beaches. Sure there is Lahaina in West Maui where the Hard Rock is found. Oh, sorry, you aren't really interested in beer and hamburgers, other than the $100 hamburger that you fly to. And there is Central Maui, where the main airport, OGG, is found. No room left for North Maui.

This is Kahului, maybe the only real town on Maui. It is the most urban town for sure. If you hear a local saying, "I'm going into town", that would be Kahului where most of Maui's residents live and work due to the airport, cruise ship harbor, malls, and schools. I think the largest single building on Maui is the rental car facility.

Are all the streets named Kamehameha? Yep, pretty much so, but, remember there were five of them. So just about everything is named after one of the King Kamehameha, even the submarine I was on in the Navy. SSBN 642. Check it out.

I keep thinking we can come up with an airborne version of driving the Road to Hana. I will work on that and get back with you. All those gazillion hairpin curves and narrow bridges should be easy to negotiate at say 1,000 feet in the Cub.

'til next time. 8o

• I really enjoy flying over this exotic area in the middle of the Pacific. However I encountered a small issue concerning the many sailboats that are

luckely moving for a dynamic addition to the scenery; some are sailing of the coast inland and over land on westcoast(Sth Barking Sands) of the

Island Kauai. Maybe an attentionpoint to adapt the sailing-path that some sailboats making. It's weird to see boats sailing over land :)

(for info: I have set the boats to see at 100%)

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• I really enjoy flying over this exotic area in the middle of the Pacific. However I encountered a small issue concerning the many sailboats that are

luckely moving for a dynamic addition to the scenery; some are sailing of the coast inland and over land on westcoast(Sth Barking Sands) of the

Island Kauai. Maybe an attentionpoint to adapt the sailing-path that some sailboats making. It's weird to see boats sailing over land :)

(for info: I have set the boats to see at 100%)

Thanks Johnny, we do have a couple of wayward sailors. I think I have them all back in the water now and the corrections will be included in the v2 that we are building. Some of the text was copied and I failed to pay attention to the ROT. Some should be 0 and some should be 90 degrees to keep them all in the water. 8o

• There is evidently an ongoing battle to attract tourists bound for Hawaii to come to either Kauai or Maui. They are as different as night and day and fortunately, the flight sim pilots do not have to choose, but you might be interested in some of the comparisons. Since you already know what Kauai looks like from the pilot's seat, you have an advantage on those that don't. Google is your friend.

• A lot of people also fly into Oahu and go on the Pride of America for a week. That visits all the main islands. Very nice way of getting to see them too, although not at the moment. :(

My family made the 7 day cruise last July. Highly recommended.

• A lot of people also fly into Oahu and go on the Pride of America for a week. That visits all the main islands. Very nice way of getting to see them too, although not at the moment. :(

Together with my wife we went to West-US in June 2010, as closure we made a 4d cross-over to Honolulu with a stay at Waikiki Beach. Visited the highlights of Oahu. But we regret that we missed(by lack of time) the even or more beautiful other Islands like Maui and Kauai. To redone? Maybe...

• We also love Hawaii. Avid cruisers, my wife and I have cruised there from Sydney and vice versa a few times, and also called there on Seattle to Sydney cruises. Our ships went to Maui as well as Honolulu. The local POA (Pride of America) 7 day cruise is well worth it. I did that one once and my wife has done it twice. Like Johnny, I would love to do it again. ☺

• To help the community see the islands from the best vantage point, we will be adding Paradise Helicopters to the mix. This is a civilian version of LarryLynx's Mk 7. The tourists are so interested in seeing a whale or another waterfall they don't even notice the Army green interiors. The choppers make good backgrounds for vacation photos and have dual duty. Static or flying, your call.

Yea, I know, it needs a little clean up, here and there. Maybe after the lockdown.

• Hawaii Leaks

This is a deep insight into the internal communications of the team. 8|

It demonstrates how hard and seriously the team is working to get this job done. ;)

Reliable sources say, the 2 leaked images were created by a ###jockey### :rolleyes: