Any word on when the Mac folks can expect the 777?

• flybius: if we would have known in advance that the Mac App Store doesn‘t handle large games properly we would have indeed chosen a different approach. We will of course publish an update for Mac users soon, but all our addon sceneries are not working, so we have to find other solutions in the future. We might even consider using steam on Mac OS, but due to significant changes by Apple even the steam client had issues.

• IPACS could also offer add-ons in the same way as third parties do. I can save everything on my Mac, unless it is imported via an exe-file.

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I really appreciate all of the work that you put into Aerofly. I just wish that the Mac side got the same amount of love that the Windows side gets... X-Plane 11 is Mac,Win,Linux and fully installed exceeds 60GB. I have never had an issue with updates on X-Plane 11. Maybe you can observe how they do it...

• I really appreciate all of the work that you put into Aerofly. I just wish that the Mac side got the same amount of love that the Windows side gets... X-Plane 11 is Mac,Win,Linux and fully installed exceeds 60GB. I have never had an issue with updates on X-Plane 11. Maybe you can observe how they do it...

well, X-Plane does not use the AppStore for a start:-)

and I also love the AF FS 2020 version! :thumbup:

• @flybius: For large apps like Aerofly FS the Mac App Store is indeed not suitable right now, we have no idea if Apple will fix those issues. Anyway, we need to think of a way to allow all of our downloads for FS 2 for the Mac users as well, this is something we are currently evaluating.

Why not do it like other providers who allow certified downloads from their own websites?

The basic software could remain in the App Store and only add-ons such as those offered by FlightSim, ORBX and SIMMARKET as well as Flight-Sim.org and FSCloudPort.com could be directly downloadable.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Why not do it like other providers who allow certified downloads from their own websites?

The basic software could remain in the App Store and only add-ons such as those offered by FlightSim, ORBX and SIMMARKET as well as Flight-Sim.org and FSCloudPort.com could be directly downloadable.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

This does definitely sound like a feasible plan! - both from the dev's side as well as the customers side.

It would probably just require a serial Nbr/licence verification feature to prevent misuse.

• So, as a customer, I am not happy with the solution being you are waiting on Apple to solve your problems (for two years!)... Especially when there are very plausible alternatives to deliver the scenery/updates... Why can't you put the Mac version on Steam?

I would consider a repurchase of Aerofly on an improved delivery platform if it meant equal treatment for the Mac... But I really shouldn't have to buy it twice to get the promised support.