South Australia Fund Raising Project by IZ0JUB 2020

• Shall we call it the South Australia Fundraiser project? I've discovered there are 300 airports in SA, but I could focus on Adelaide Int'l and 4 or 5 others within your ortho. https://ourairports.com/countries/AU/SA/

• IZ0JUB January 18, 2020 at 5:41 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Australia by IZ0JUB 2020” to “South Australia Fund Raising Project by IZ0JUB 2020”.
  • Can you suggest one particular fundraising site? We could simply trust people and say if you download the scenery please make a donation to it. Maybe they could also add a comment to flight sim.org of how much and it would be possible to know what the total is.

Thank you guys for your interest in the Aussie situation. As far as where to donate goes this one is probably one of the best single points, and it has a section for overseas donors.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/donate/make-a-…=disasterappeal

They are also a large organisation with proven integrity so you know your money is going to be well spent.

On the other hand, and as I mentioned a few posts ago, if you want to donate to support ecological regrowth and the ongoing efforts to aid wildlife (1.25 billion animals dead or will die because of the bushfires) you can go to this site. Also a large and well organised group.

wwf.org.au

I have started a thread called Bushfire donations and made an initial donation where you can record what you have donated. I am not fond of doing this as folk will give what they can afford and sometimes it is not always as much as they would like to. But, it does give some idea of what your efforts have raised for the charities.

• Here are some more of the organisations that are accepting donations:

Red Cross

South Australian Country Fire Service Foundation (SA)

Victorian Country Fire Association (VIC)

Queensland Rural Fire Brigades Association (QLD)

NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW)

The Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades (WA)

Regarding Adelaide region airports ...

Here is a quick rundown on some key airports which provided support in the area.

Adelaide International - International Hub (used for bringing in firefighters from all over the world)

Parafield - Regional GA (used as base for flight training)

Gawler - Glider, Small GA (used as base for firebombing in the Adelaide Hills)

RAAF Edinburgh - Large airforce base (used as base for large firebombing aircraft across the region)

Kingscote - Regional GA (used as base for firebombing in the Kangaroo Island)

Flying over this area in AFS2 really gives you an appreciation for the size and extent of the fires (still burning today)

The extent of the fire front / burnt area can be viewed at the following link:

https://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp

Your donations are gratefully received and thanks to everyone who is contributing to this project

• South Australia Fund Raising Project

Having spent time looking at the three areas Adelaide is of reasonable quality with some cultivation whereas both Kangaroo Island and Warooka are poor quality images with very little cultivation. With this in mind I'm looking at maybe making another tile or two, Perth has been mentioned in the West any thoughts and or suggestions please and remember I'm not out to conquer Australia!

Sample Pictures of Kangaroo Island and Warooka areas.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited 5 times, last by IZ0JUB (January 19, 2020 at 4:46 PM).

• I just tried to add the AU areas to my freeware list, but the links given above like

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…by-iz0jub-2020/

are broken.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I removed Part 1 and Part 2 from the server as they will be included into the fund raising upload. Hope this helps kindest regards Michael.

Thanks, this makes it clear.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• After catching up on this thread, I wanted to say that it's a very good thing that you are doing. Sometimes humanity surpasses the norm and does something unexpected and spectacular :)

We really have a good community here, and I'm proud to say that!

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• SOUTH AUSTRALIA FUND RAISING PROJECT

NOW AVAILABLE.......... https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…by-iz0jub-2020/

The inspiration for this project was to raise funds for the brave people fighting the fires in Australia and dealing with the aftermath. If you download this DLC please consider donating through one of the options below. So that we have a sense of how effective this has been, please also make a comment below if you have made a donation – there is no need to say how much you gave. Any amount given will no doubt be appreciated.

https://www.wwf.org.au

https://cfsfoundation.org.au

My thanks to "Spit40" for taking the time to make the airports.

Thank you, kindest regards to all, Michael

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Donation to the WWF done. Just added South Australia to the Freeware list. Will download now.

Kind regards, Michael (II)

• Happy Australia Day !

Donation made ... cheers guys

Timely! Of course we realised that 😉 not! I’ve spotted a papi problem with the Kangaroo island airport and will fix.

• Just made a donation to WWF. I love the care for our animal-world and encourage herewith the helpers down-under restoring their specific fauna.

Also to IZOJUB and Spit40 for assembling a fine new scenery-add to explore, thank you. :*

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

Edited once, last by ikbenik (January 27, 2020 at 12:05 PM).

• No time to download and catch up with the project for now, but donation made. Thank you guys for your efforts !

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.