Oculus Rift S no connection

• Is your Rift S working for anything else? Are you reaching Dash?

If no to either of these it has nothing to really do with Aerofly. You should post on the Oculus forums.

If yes, does Aerofly open in 2D mode on your desktop?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Rifts S worked at Thursday when i got it. But not in Aerofly VR-Mode. Someone helped me from our community. Clicking on Start ( Windows 10 ) and opening

Aerofly app. There is one app special for VR-Mode. Today i tried again and reinstalled the Oculussoftware and had the same problem. The sensors couldn't find the Rift S Headset. I changed several times the USB-Port and had no success. Then i restarted my computer with Rift S connected. Then it works.

I started Aerofly VR-Mode and could see the plane on my Monitor and moving the headset i saw it on my monitor. But i had no picture in my headset.

I contacted Oculus-Support and i have a ticket. But they will respond on a working day.

Aerofly runs very good after i reinstalled it and i have only ORBX- , Aerosoft- ,IZOJUB and my self created sceneries installed. I added the tm-file.

Perhaps you can see what happend in VR-Mode. But i think it is an issue of Oculus.

Thanks for helping me.

Best regards

Thomas

• Oculus Rift S does not use sensors. Are you sure you have the Rift S set up properly?

Looking through your TM log shows no issues in Aerofly but you are behind a few versions. We are at 2.04.09.09. Make sure that you install the latest update.

There are no signs that you are running Aerofly in VR mode. Either you have to add the parameter -othervr to your exe or run directly from Steam and select Oculus mode.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have a Download-Version from Aerosoft. And 2 updates. First when i downloaded Aerofly and the latest update with B777.

During the Setup of Rift S is part with " checking if sensors can connect to headset ". I downloaded the software from Oculus.

I couldn't see the demo videos . Only 3 white blinking circles. I could the the controllers but far away . clicking an start in windows and opening the aerofly app there is 1 app for vr-mode.

• Something is not right with your Oculus install. I recommend uninstalling the Oculus software and re downloading/installing the software. Begin with the Oculus software and don't plug in the headset until it tells you to. Make sure that you install the software for Oculus Rift S and not for CV1. I just want to confirm here, you don't have any sensors connected to your computer, correct?

Regards,

Jeff

• Wenn bei der Überprüfung des Rift S-Sensors Probleme auftreten, musst du möglicherweise die Rift S-Kabel vom Computer trennen und dann wieder anschließen. Gehe dazu bitte wie folgt vor:

• Stecke das USB-Kabel am Computer aus.
    • Stecke das Mini DisplayPort- oder DisplayPort-Kabel am Computer aus.
    • Warte 10 Sekunden.
    • Stecke das USB-Kabel wieder in den Computer ein.
    • Warte 10 Sekunden.
    • Stecke das Mini DisplayPort- oder DisplayPort-Kabel wieder am Computer ein.

Falls du weiterhin Probleme mit der Sensor-Überprüfung deiner Oculus Rift S haben solltest, wende dich bitte direkt an den Oculus-Support.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
    Ja
    Nein

If you're having trouble checking the Rift S sensor, you may need to disconnect and then reconnect the Rift S cables from the computer. Please proceed as follows:

Unplug the USB cable from the computer.

Unplug the Mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable from the computer.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the USB cable back into the computer.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the Mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable back into the computer.

https://support.oculus.com/229762114600393/?locale=de_DE

If you still have problems with the sensor check of your Oculus Rift S, please contact Oculus Support directly.

Was this answer helpful?

Yes

No

• TommyDee58,

Glad you got it working... very cool.

After you have a good feel for how FS 2 looks in VR, please share your thoughts. I have the Rift and am debating whether or not to get the S or the Valve Index. Thanks. Have fun!

I have tested both CV1 and Rift S Extensively and I can state these facts for you;

* God rays are virtually gone on Rift S

* The SDE when flying at night is gone on Rift S

* The resolution is sharper so gauges look much clearer on Rift S

* You can't tell the difference in refresh rate between the both

* No more worrying about external sensors

* No performance hit at all on the Rift S

* Sound is one of the only shortcomings on Rift S but with the latest firmware it's better

Bottom line, it's ultimately your choice but I don't think you will be sorry with upgrading to the Rift S

Regards,

Jeff