Flight plan maker: how to avoid the imposed approach?

• In this example I simply made a Denver KDEN / Aspen KASE with the integrated flight plan maker of AFS2020.
    See the attachment at KASE. If I want to land at ILS15 I’m force to use the finale sequence: 15 / S-15 / 15 / KASE.

How to not use this sequence?

Thousand thanks.

• How to not use this sequence?

A workaround if you use the internal flight planner is to set your destination as an enroute waypoint and another aerodrome (f.i. your alternate) as destination.

Then you fly your own integration path and approach by the maps.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• A workaround if you use the internal flight planner is to set your destination as an enroute waypoint and another aerodrome (f.i. your alternate) as destination.

Then you fly your own integration path and approach by the maps.

Yes that's right. Didn't think.

But I may lose the cruise, top of descent, descent, approach phases from the A320. Because they will be set for the latest airport of the flight plan.

Many thanks anyway.

EDIT: I've just tried: you can't add an intermediate airport, it wants you to define it as departure or arrival.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (January 21, 2020 at 11:01 AM).

• Yes that's right. Didn't think.

But I may lose the cruise, top of descent, descent, approach phases from the A320. Because they will be set for the latest airport of the flight plan.

Many thanks anyway.

EDIT: I've just tried: you can't add an intermediate airport, it wants you to define it as departure or arrival.

You need to first define the dummy-destination airport (e.g. your alternate) and then you can add an airport as waypoint, that's the only way I found I could use the flight planner - but I eventually hardly use it at all...

You won't however be able to insert SIDs and STARs and watch the MCDU fly the aircraft for you.

But you can fly your approach manually by the maps, that's a bit more of challenge... advisable to start with a slower aircraft like the C172 or the Baron...

It would have been easy and versatile if there was a possibility to simply load an external flight plan (there are many existing tools to create extensive flight plans including SID & STAR), but IPACS ever rejected this request.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.