• True Earth GB for Aerofly has been put on indefinite hold according to the ORBX CEO because of problems with the conversion that made it difficult to achieve the same quality as for the other platforms (especially concerning the airports in the region if I remember correctly) and the small potential customer base. It seems that sales of previous ORBX products for Aerofly accounted for less than 2% of total sales so it seemed economically unreasonable to continue development.

• True Earth GB for Aerofly has been put on indefinite hold according to the ORBX CEO because of problems with the conversion that made it difficult to achieve the same quality as for the other platforms (especially concerning the airports in the region if I remember correctly) and the small potential customer base. It seems that sales of previous ORBX products for Aerofly accounted for less than 2% of total sales so it seemed economically unreasonable to continue development.

That is correct, thank you.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• I should add that IZ0JUB provides a great AeroflyFS2 representation of all GB which looks stunning indeed. Compared to a potential ORBX TE it lacks in two areas:

- missing POIs (e.g. London highrises, churches etc)

- the FSCloudport airports are far from the ORBX TE NL benchmark.

I recall that the airports were one of the main technical obstacles for ORBX, as 200 or so airports would have to be created from scatch instead of building upon default airports like in P3D and XP.

I would relinquish any hope in any further ORBX AeroflyFS2 products, as sad as it may be, so we are on our own here.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Agreed with the above described arguments from Orbx and as I'm also member of the Orbx-forumgroup, in their subforum for AFS2 related issues, I have several times made the remark and the request to re-open the possibility for creating/conversion of/from the fine made FSX/P3D/XP Adds but sofar without positive reaction from the Orbx-staff. The basic reason in my opinion is the non-profit balance between the developmentcost and the revenu from sales of AFS2-products.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

All this is just an argument to justify itself by ORBX!

By the way, the exact figure given by JV was 0.28%.:?::!::?::!::?::!::?:

One joke among many.:D:D:D

And of this, when do you think? Is it to finish at the bottom of a cupboard?:/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Give the users some serious and easy to use tools and we will do the job. One of IPACS biggest failures, in my opinion, is to fully appreciate the power of the user base.

X-Plane has WED, an airport development tool and that is what is sorely missing from FS2. Ok its a lego brick solution but it still allows users to build a COMPLETE airport without the need for expensive software with steep learning curves. Whilst we do have the brilliant FSCloudPort it has the limitation of not being able to make taxiways and aprons, if I understand correctly.

FS2 is, and lets be honest, a niche market with a small and very dedicated user base. We come up with innovative ways to do things and put in way more hours developing stuff than is fully appreciated by most users but it isn't as easy as it should be.

Its the old chicken and egg situation, but in our case we need lots more chickens or more eggs depending on which you think came first.

Airport development tool

Blender plugin

Open up the texture files, great they are encrypted but naffing useless to a developer

And don't get me started on the TMD file :D

Steve

• As much as I appreciate the various users sceneries, nothing comes close to Orbx quality... Not the ground textures and not the cultivation. TE NL is just so much better than anything out there in any regard. Luckily I've only been flying the 777 lately so scenery down low has become a lot less important. I've never flown that much in the US as I do now. But whenever I load the Arrow only TE NL does it for me. Still, who knows what the various users may come up with in time! ;)

EDIT

Who needs TE-like cultivation at this altitude...! 8) (This was during descent already, actually...)

• Well said Steve I love what X-plane has done for the scenery and even the cars and buses on the roads but I find FS" smoother to run but feel its very limited

I would love to know how to built up a full airfield but find the learning curve to mind boggling for me

I would need a video starting from scratch on how to build an airfield up with buildings ect.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Give the users some serious and easy to use tools and we will do the job. One of IPACS biggest failures, in my opinion, is to fully appreciate the power of the user base.

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have put it better.

Airport development tool

Blender plugin

Open up the texture files, great they are encrypted but naffing useless to a developer

And don't get me started on the TMD file :D

+1000 for the blender plugin

Add to the list : ground flatten polygons like in FSX (easily usable with tools like ADE or Sbuilder X) ; exclude polygons that remove all default objects so that you can place custom ones

Edited once, last by Fabs79 (January 22, 2020 at 12:43 PM).

• I think ORBX has taken a look at the New Microsoft Flightsim and pulled the plug on their True Earth development. I mean whats the point when the entire world is now generated in unprecedented reality, all in one Sim.

You have said what most of us have been thinking. I am thinking that detailled Airport or City sceneries might be what they will focus on. Interesting times ahead.

• We are also a little disappointed Orbx has stopped Aerofly FS development for now. Porting Orbx UK over to Aerofly FS wouldn't be too difficult and we have also offered our help. But we of course understand their decision from their point of view. But with the new simulator around the corner, they might reconsider, we will see.

• I think ORBX has taken a look at the New Microsoft Flightsim and pulled the plug on their True Earth development. I mean whats the point when the entire world is now generated in unprecedented reality, all in one Sim.

True Earth might not be needed in its current form but detailed airports will most likely not be available in the default scenery for the whole world with its 40000 or so airports and airfields, so there's still a market for developers here. Furthermore, it was stated that there are only 450 high detailed photogrammetry cities, the 🍴 will be rather generic. In an interview the lead developer also stated that outside the detailed cities only a few hundred POIs have been modeled all over the world, while the true earth regions mostly contain more than thousand custom objects in a comparably small area. So orbx could release regional POI packs for example. I'm really looking forward to seeing what 2020 will bring to the world of flight simulation