Paris - Ile-de-France for AFS2 NOW AVAILABLE!

• Long silent, our first scene with AFS2 is being finalized!

This France VFR scene is in a way a "demonstrator" because we do not know at all what will be the reception and the market for this type of product for this particular simulator. The specifications are substantially the same as for our scenes in the "VFR Regional" range under P3D / FSX, we will give more details shortly, before the release which will be in February.

I was not used to fly a long time on a photo-realistic scenery under this simulator, and I surprised myself when making these screens to want to continue exploring again and again so the landscape is captivating, the shadow games very successful and the overall rendering extremely beautiful !!! :)

This series of screenshots focuses mainly on Paris but a second series will follow and will more concern the rest of the IDF.

• Long silent, our first scene with AFS2 is being finalized!

Great news...!!! :thumbup:I hope all your VFR sceneries will make it to AFS2 soon! :) Maybe it is a pity that you're starting with Paris because there is excellent freeware for Paris already... but nonetheless I am very, very happy to see you release add ons for AFS! Again, great news!

EDIT
    Had another look at the screenshots: impressive! Look very good! Seems a lot more detailed and sharper than the freeware Paris (although I've only flew over that one once or twice)! Looking forward to the release!

EDIT 2

The more I look at the screenshots, the more I'm impressed, haha!

Edited once, last by Flamingpie (January 23, 2020 at 8:31 PM).

• Haha,^^ I was waiting for this one! This is a good omen for the continuation of AFS 2!;):thumbup:

Thank you to the whole team of France VFR:)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (January 23, 2020 at 8:58 PM).

• Wow, just wow!

I own quite a number of France VR sceneries for Prepar3d and will buy any of their AeroflyFS2 offers immediately. Their Prepar3d4 sceneries are top notch and no doubt the AeroflyFS2 counterparts will not be worse. Moreover, they should be able to bridge the performance gap which at least Ile-de France suffers on Prepar3d4.

Ile-de France may be a bit questionable start as we already have an excellent representation of Paris, but I'll buy it anyway just to support the effort of France VFR.

Well done, guys! Wishing you good sales!

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• This was asked in another topic but this seems the better place to ask it: will we get airports included in the France VFR scenery ?

• This was asked in another topic but this seems the better place to ask it: will we get airports included in the France VFR scenery ?

Yes, but few highly detailed airports only within this initial release since it's a "demonstrator" to get the feel of the AFS2 sim community.

As it's a VFR-oriented scenery we focused on 3 major and extremely active GA AD around Paris :

- LFPL Lognes (East of Paris)

- LFPN Toussus-le-Noble (SW of Paris)

- LFPZ Saint-Cyr (West of Paris)

The package is however thought and prepared for evolution, allowing easy subsequent additional airport integration. We have material for many more in our boxes (e.g. Chavenay, Beynes, les Mureaux, Meaux, Coulommiers, la Ferté, Issy, etc.) it will much depend on how the initial scenery is being perceived.

Each AD has also a landing place for helicopters and there are additional challenging heli drop zones in the city of Paris.

Big airports like CDG, Orly and le Bourget are deliberately out of scope of this VFR-oriented scenery, but are featured with 50cm flattened ground photo, runway/taxi lights plus FSCloudport-style generic buildings and static aircraft, and each AD can be easily removed should a more refined add-on get available in the future.

Close-up map on Paris area - the Scenery extent is much wider of course.

3DA Ile-de-France VFR Regional scenery extent (yellow). The red squares are the HR ground photo scenery coverage that goes much wider so that you don't have default low res ground textures in sight even when flying close to the detailed scenery border.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited 6 times, last by Trespassers (January 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM).

I don't think so. The P3D V4 sceneries never contained detailed airports. Was more like legobricks. If I recall right.

Looks like a great addition to me. The sceneries are great for P3Dv4. I'ld love in this sequence please.

PACA

Rhone-Alps

Corse

Normandie

Bretagne

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• This does look impressive and I hope you guys get traction the but the existing Paris freeware may impact that to an extent. A little disappointed that there is no more in the way of major airports to differentiate between the two products.

• I would jump on an improved scenery for the South of France. The incremental improvement, if any, over the freeware Paris City is probably minimal. But, I am supportive for more of everything and anything for AFS2.

• You'll maybe appreciate the "incremental improvement", that is the real difference between cube buildings and 3D procedural technology... but in some cases and depending on the requirements of everyone it is or it is not important :)

And do not forget there is not only paris city but the whole region "IDF", with all the 3D landmarks, 3D environment objects and important buildings...

More screenshots in a few hours to have a look to others areas of the scenery.

• You'll maybe appreciate the "incremental improvement", that is the real difference between cube buildings and 3D procedural technology... but in some cases and depending on the requirements of everyone it is or it is not important :)

And do not forget there is not only paris city but the whole region "IDF", with all the 3D landmarks, 3D environment objects and important buildings...

More screenshots in a few hours to have a look to others areas of the scenery.

All good points. I am looking forward to the release. Thanks./

• La

3DA Ile-de-France VFR Regional scenery extent (yellow). The red squares are the HR ground photo scenery coverage that goes much wider so that you don't have default low res ground textures in sight even when flying close to the detailed scenery border.

Cheers

Antoine

Hi Antoine,

I can't wait to see this real must and all the work done!

Can you give approximately the total size of this addon?:/

I thank you

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• The incremental improvement, if any, over the freeware Paris City is probably minimal.

Well, see for yourself. ;) (Click on one pic and then use the right and left arrows to quickly switch between screenshots).

Imho the France VFR scenery is better in every regard (though the positions don't match exactly). Buildings are more detailed and have more varied textures, specially noticable in the second two screenshots. In that screenshot the ground textures also seem sharper. Imho the difference is obvious and not minimal. Antoine said: "it's a "demonstrator" to get the feel of the AFS2 sim community" so I don't hope this available freeware has an impact on the sale of this new scenery otherwise the devs may think AFS2 isn't worth their trouble. Another region might sell better. I will still buy this scenery though (well, if the price is right).

If someone would like to see another comparison screenshot, let me know which one to copy.

Freeware Paris:

France VFR:

Freeware Paris:

France VFR:

Edited once, last by Flamingpie (January 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM).

• Well, see for yourself. ;) (Click on one pic and then use the right and left arrows to quickly switch between screenshots).

. . . .Antoine said: "it's a "demonstrator" to get the feel of the AFS2 sim community" so I don't hope this available freeware has an impact on the sale of this new scenery otherwise the devs may think AFS2 isn't worth their trouble. Another region might sell better. I will still buy this scenery though (well, if the price is right).

Yep, shaper for sure. Maybe France VFR for AFS2 Demonstrator pack will have introductory pricing to get our attention.

• Another region might sell better. I will still buy this scenery though (well, if the price is right).

Yep, shaper for sure. Maybe France VFR for AFS2 Demonstrator pack will have introductory pricing to get our attention.

I suppose the prices could be similar to those of FSX or P3D which is correct for me!:)

https://www.francevfr.com/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal