Paris - Ile-de-France for AFS2 NOW AVAILABLE!

• Thank you all for your feedback. We’ve opened a new, dedicated thread for bug reporting, please report there your issues.

Just a word regarding flimmeting, most of the times they’re caused by shadows fighting. We have no big influence on it.

It may happen a 3D object has flimmering, usually in case of double entries.

Whenever it’s the case, please post a snapshot with coordinates in the bug report thread and outline the flimmering object since the flimmering usually cannot be seen on the screenshot.

Thanks in advance and we wish you a lot of fun with this scenery and the amazing AFS2.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Incredible! The giant city looks so nice at both day and night. Looking forward to see more great sceneries from this amazing developer group.

The only problem is that maybe texture for taxiway and runways can be added for LFPG later? It even has very nice terminal and it’s a little bit sad that this lack of feature makes it one step from perfect.

• France VFR March 7, 2020 at 10:28 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Paris - Ile-de-France for AFS2 soon available !” to “Paris - Ile-de-France for AFS2 NOW AVAILABLE!”.
  • Take care too : the "FranceMiddlepart" elevation is not compatible...

Hello 'Toorop',

Not seen an issue on this, but maybe by deleting the files covering the zone 'Ile-de-Paris' and leave the rest to enhance other regio's like the

made sceneries around the Puys and Clermont-Ferrand ? How to identify the *.tth files for Paris-regio?

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Thanks, yes, I already found this. Quite an impressive region.

It still might be good to add it to the Steam gallery for the Steam users.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Settings suggestion (may help for VR / thanks to "Barnstormer") :

From all settings to max (my usual settings) apply this :

- Shadow quality : medium

- High quality antialiasing off

- No cumulus clouds

With this settings my fps went from 45/60 to 130 and more even in "heavy duty areas"keeping good rendering" (config hexacore i7 8700k 32 Go RAM GTX 1070 Ti) :

Note : Advanced antialiasing is only 25% fps hit so you can keep it if playing on screen (non VR) : rendering is better. You should try on your config.

174 fps here :

138 fps

134 fps

Edited 3 times, last by Toorop (March 7, 2020 at 12:55 PM).

• Hi Michael,

Thanks, yes, I already found this. Quite an impressive region.

It still might be good to add it to the Steam gallery for the Steam users.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes : I will try do do it with some time. As I do not know to do yet I made it available here but I had understood your suggestion : should have commented it on my post...

Edited 2 times, last by Toorop (March 7, 2020 at 12:54 PM).

• Well, talking about gaining FPS (well, with 100+ FPS I’m not sure there’s a point discussing) the night cultivation lights tend to cost quite a lot of resources.

You may want to deactivate them by adding a double underscore __ before the idf_lights folder name in \places.

E.g. idf_lights becomes __idf_lights

You can revert by simply removing the double underscore.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Got 45/60 fps without optimisation in daylight, that's why...

Lights cost a lot of resources even by daylight.

Reducing shadows to ultra (if you set insane) saves a lot of resources too.

In the beginning of a flight it may happen that the FPS temporarily drop while AFS2 loads stuff, depending also on the drive speed.

But after 5-10 seconds it’s done and with my nowadays quite average config I keep a very comfortable 80+ fps over the most complex and dense places of the scenery, and it rises well above 150 otherwise.

What config/settings do you have to get so low fps ? The graphic card plays a big role...

Cheers

Antoine

• To have an idee of airport- and airfield locations, hereby a helpful map:

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• What config/settings do you have to get so low fps ? The graphic card plays a big role...

Hello Antoine,

I am not complaining about my fps : my settings are all to max or ultra /insane if available) except the clouds (as usual for me in AFS2) : so the fps I get seem correct to me. No trouble or special tweak needed

I made this post just to help those who may have fps issues or want to enjoy the scenery in VR...

Cheers ,

Jean-Paul

• I added a little more info for the names of the airports.

If you consider LFPO - Orly airport at a starting point you can use the table below for directions and distance and find the names of the airports. (from Skyvector)

• For the scenery, here would be the map

Or zooming on Paris

• Hello,

I have built today LFFG (La Ferté Gaucher) on fscloudport, located on the East limit of the scenery (I fly often in this area LFPK/LFPQ/LFAI)

I made it because as it is oustside the culticvation area of the scenery I do no think it will be part of a future airport pack...

But I think it's Inside the photorealistic area of FVFR scenery without cultivation (could not test yet : I am not at home)

If somebody could test if it's enjoyable just make me a comment : it would be a good motivaton for me to make a small cultivation area around the airport and make it available on flight-sim.org :)

It's here : http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/LFFG.htm

58 buildings means in fact 58 objects (buildings, cars , static planes ,widsock, etc.

Please do not forget :

It was built with fscloudport, so with generic buildings and objects : do not complain the cars or the buildings are not realistic

If you want to use it without the texture of fscloudport's runway just put // before the related lines editing the LFFG.tsc

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

Edited once, last by Toorop (March 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM).