The HP Reverb makes me appreciate the performance of Aerofly

• :(

VR Cover Customer Support <support@vrcover.com>

10:52 (16 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Phil,

Thanks for contacting us. While the team is always looking to develop new solutions for VR headsets, there're unfortunately no immediate plans to offer a face pad for the Reverb. We will drop you an email if there're confirmed details of a release or when the product becomes available.

If you've further questions, please let me know. :)

Best regards,

Sharon

• Reverb Facepad comfort solved- velcro sandwich spacer

1. Buy a short length of this
    2. Stick them back to back with something flexible in between thats about 3mm thick. I found some dense foam that had come as packaging. If you can’t find anything suitable get some 3mm neoprene sheet for about £3
    3. Use the velcro sandwich as a spacer by taking the reverb facepad off and placing this between the facepad and the velcro mount on the headset - chop the spacer into sections so that the pegs on the facepad are still useful for positioning the facepad
  • Use the velcro sandwich as a spacer by taking the reverb facepad off and placing this between the facepad and the velcro mount on the headset - chop the spacer into sections so that the pegs on the facepad are still useful for positioning the facepad

My issue though is I'm finding the Reverb facepad itself uncomfortable. The fake leather isn't soft enough and seems to trap in heat leaving big red marks on my face.

At the weekend I took my Oculus Go 3rd party "VR Cover" foam face thing

https://vrcover.com/wp-content/upl…4-Edit-Edit.jpg

turned it over, so the plush microfibre side was on my face, and then temporarily taped it (with electricians tape) on top of the Reverb face mask.

The difference was huge; so much more comfortable.

Nose pressure was almost gone. I think it's doing the same thing as your fix and pushing the headset away from your face a bit.

Only two problems:

• The Oculus Go face mask doesn't fit the Reverb very well
    • I don't want to leave it taped to the original Reverb face mask as I think it'll ruin it (and ruin my chances of selling it, when the time comes).

Seems like my ideal would be to get a replacement Reverb face mask from HP to "hack around" with. Then get a well fitting VR Cover face mask, and velcro the two together.

(Someone replied to me on Reddit that the VR Cover Samsung Odyssey (not plus) face mask fits the Reverb well).

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I agree that the pad itself is a bit thin and doesn't spread the pressure well. Improving on that will be a good next step. The cheap velcro thing I bought was pretty rubbish, so maybe a good-enough fitting VR cover is the answer.

• I agree that the pad itself is a bit thin and doesn't spread the pressure well. Improving on that will be a good next step. The cheap velcro thing I bought was pretty rubbish, so maybe a good-enough fitting VR cover is the answer.

I might take a punt and order the VR Cover Samsung Odyssey one. The guy on Reddit said that he used it without the original Reverb mask, but I think the nose pressure issue might persist then.

I tracked down the part numbers for original Reverb face masks and I've emailed HP for a price.

(Will let you know the outcome of either!)

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly