• So I had an idea that could be easier than adding a new plane entirely. Some people have suggested this in the past for 737. Could you add multiple variations of airplanes. ( EX: 737- 100, 200, 300, 400, 600, 700, ETC or A318, A319, A321. )

This would be a nice add on as we could still fly the current aircraft but have multiple versions of them.

• Whilst it is possible to convert an A320 into an A319 or A321 because they share almost all parts except from the flaps and maybe the occasional button here or there...

The current B737 can't be turned into a B737 NG (next generation) or even MAX without basically redoing the entire aircraft. The wings are completely different, they have a greater wing span, have one more spoiler and have a totally different wing tip (winglet). The cockpit would require a total rebuild - maybe few elements can be kept, e.g. some of the switches in the overhead, etc. but other than that - rip out the entire front panel and glare shield and pedestal. - And that is where most of the time will go into. Rewiring the aircraft systems, setting up the new screens, setting up the animations of the new flaps, slats, spoilers, etc.

But at a glance it would still look the same from the outside. "It's still a B737". We're not ruling out a 737 NG or MAX in the future but given the amount of work it would cost we would rather have something new and different. Like the new generation aircraft that appeared in the last decade.

Regards,

Jan

• The current B737 can't be turned into (...) MAX without basically redoing the entire aircraft. (...)

This anyway I'm afraid... ;(

I'm gone

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• The current B737 can't be turned into a B737 NG (next generation) or even MAX without basically redoing the entire aircraft. The wings are completely different, they have a greater wing span, have one more spoiler and have a totally different wing tip (winglet). The cockpit would require a total rebuild - maybe few elements can be kept, e.g. some of the switches in the overhead, etc. but other than that - rip out the entire front panel and glare shield and pedestal. - And that is where most of the time will go into. Rewiring the aircraft systems, setting up the new screens, setting up the animations of the new flaps, slats, spoilers, etc.

I am fine if you can’t do the 737, but the A320, and 777-300 having multiple variants would be nice because they don’t have much changes accept for some buttons, size, and wings.

For triple seven just do the 200ER and the Cargo version. We don’t have the 777x experience out yet, so I would not worry about the new 777. Just the older models.

It would be nice just to see the planes that will be easy to make into other various models because they have almost identical builds. I would just like to fly the 777-200ER / F around. I bet that having the other A320 models too would be great. (including the baby bus AKA A318)

So if you guys can pull it off with some aircraft like I mentioned above (A320, 777-300) that would be beyond great in my opinion. And a new modern airliner like the E-JetE2 and 787 would be great too. (787-8 is currently my favorite aircraft so would highly appreciate that)

Thanks for your hard work. Look forward to future updates and hope this concept will be implemented in the future.

Edited 2 times, last by Aviation enthusiast.: I just felt like updating it because I felt like it needed some tweaks. I also wanted to add that how Jet-Pack said that adding a newer generation aircraft because it is new and different. (January 29, 2020 at 12:41 AM).

• excuse me what? The 732 “not well known”? Are you serious? It was one of the most reliable planes of all time! Everyone knows about the -200.

You have a good point. Now yes making new aircraft is hard or long while modifying an already available aircraft in the sim can be remodeled to the other variant. (In a nutshell) Jet-Pack said that creating the newer 737 such as the NG and Max would basically be making a brand new plane. The 736, 734, 733, 732, and 731 would be easier to model because they have similar structures. Now the 737-200 would be the easiest as the 737-500 is basically an upgraded 737-200 because it is similar in size and capacity.

Aircraft such as the A320 or 777 (Not including the A320NEO and 777X) and the would be easy too because they have models that barely have any change accept for length or just slight changes to the power plant and wings or other elements. 747 and 737 would be harder as they would need to re model the multiple models Boeing has made over the couple of decades the variants have been flying.