Developer Camera Guide (Slew cam) - Video

• Hey guys,

I just uploaded a video that I hope many of you will find helpful. I've read posts where guys wanted to be able to take a free camera and explore the scenery. Well it's actually built into the game but not talked about much and I'm not sure why. I've been using it for a very long time and decided to post a video guide.

It felt very awkward to me to talk and explain AND try to sound interesting, while flying. So I promise I'll get more polished over time.

Enjoy!

Developer Camera Tutorial - by C5GalaxyStudios

PS - If this gets enough "likes" I promise to make more. :)

Edited 2 times, last by Hawker77 (January 29, 2020 at 10:05 PM).

• awesome stuff!!!!:):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

...I totally agree with you , watching these big birds is amazing.

I went the same way , XP11..., approaching..., landing... and then I placed myself at the threshold, watching a crosswind landing.

Do you remember the 727??? ...and its flap system? a beauty

I enjoy FS2 very much, but I missed that freedom to place myself where I wanted to.

How did you find these things out?

This creates a totally new FS2 experience, I am excited

Thank you!

• well...?(

what seems to work beautifully on WIN computers, doesn't actually work right away on MAC's.

I started using the key combinations (using the FN in addition to get F8), .... something changed in the view and I tried to also use S, W, L and so on, but to my surprise, .... for the first time ever(!), my MAC not only crashed to desktop so to say, but actually shut down completely.....

...I am up and running again and the big question is: how to get this dev view working on a MAC

Am I missing something?

Any ideas?

Hawker77, can you help?

Cheers and thanks in advance

• I'm not a Mac guy, so I don't really have a good answer. Maybe one of the developers can get on here and help you. Sorry you had it shutdown... that's never fun.

Because different views in flight sims but also ANY game are important to me, I just do lots of exploring and different key combinations. Over time I just figured it out. :)

• I think you forgot to mention that you can still look around with the various controls after pressing L.

L toggles between two modes: the default mode is that you are in the center of the view, so you look around you, regardless of where the plane is.

When you press L the plane becomes the center of the view, so when you look around the plane stays in the center of the screen all the time and you move around it. (A bit hard to explain in words.) You can even center the view on the plane while you are miles away from it and can't even see the plane. Great way to find your plane again when you lost it in the other mode! ;) Nice option for video makers too: you can fly towards your plane from a great distance while you turn the camera and zoom etc. without having to focus on where your plane is. Very dramatic!

You can also travel very fast in that plane centered mode to for instance the oppositie side of the plane. I think you have to try it to understand what I mean. ;)

BTW By default L toggles city names: it's best to delete that key binding first.

• Question for Jan,

So the dev camera position saves when you exit the game and remains in it's place upon restart. Can you tell me where that info is saved? I have a little thing I want to try with it. Does it save to the airports TSC file or somewhere else?

Thanks much.

• Question for Jan,

So the dev camera position saves when you exit the game and remains in it's place upon restart. Can you tell me where that info is saved? I have a little thing I want to try with it. Does it save to the airports TSC file or somewhere else?

Thanks much

I think, this could be helpfull(.):

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• by the way...

I did some testing and the dev view works fine during replays and my MAC did not crash again :):thumbup:

Some notes:

If you are in "live" mode and hit F8, the SIM goes in some sort of pause mode with regard to the plane. Sound is off and engines stop.

One can move around beautifully., but there is no movement of the plane.

I just mention it, so you do not wonder if this occurs to you, too.

I was not aware of this in the first place.

Getting out of this mode is easy: just hit escape

• Good deal, Cipper747pa! I just select a different view to get out of the dev cam mode.

I'm so glad it's working for you now. Have fun!

thanks again for "exploring" FS2 :)

By the way: when I worked for Pan Am back in the 80's , I once had a chance to visit a C5 from the inside. What an aircraft I still remember the double throttle set because of the wide center console;-)

We saw them a lot around FRA airbase at that time.