Aerfofly FS2 crashing VR

• Just hold off for now until we look into the problem. But naturally the better the GPU the better the experience. We are much more GPU bound than CPU and currently the best you can get is the 2080Ti. But please remember that we built the graphics engine so that even slower GPU's have good performance.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Just hold off for now until we look into the problem. But naturally the better the GPU the better the experience. We are much more GPU bound than CPU and currently the best you can get is the 2080Ti. But please remember that we built the graphics engine so that even slower GPU's have good performance.

thanks for the reply, ok I will hold off for now, essentially the 5700xt is similar to a 2070.

iv ditched trying to run it in VR for now, as I cannot even run it normally on desktop monitor with Vulkan enabled,

my next thing to try is reinstall win 10 fresh

• QUICK update, on Vulkan engine

so I reinstalled Win 10, HP Reverb disconnected ( I figured this is not the issue) if it wont work in normal desktop monitor it wont in Reverb, I was right.

I found out 11 planes crash on default scenery San Francisco

Piper PA-38 - No crashes

Piper Turbo IV _ No Crashes

Piper Turbo iii - No Crashes

Duchess 76 - No Crashes

Swift S1 - No Crashes

R22 - Instant Crash

Q400 - No Crashes

S-2B - No Crashes

F-15E - No Crashes

Extra 330 LV - No Crashes

F1- Camal - Instant Crash

King Air C90 - Instant crash

p.38 - Instant Crash

MB 339- Instant Crash

Lear-Jet-45 - Instant Crash

Junjmeister - Instant Crash

F4U-Corsair - Instant Crash

F18-Instant Crash

Cessena 172- Instant Crash

B 777-300 -Instant Crash

747-400- No Crashes

737-500 - Instant Crash

Baron 58 - No Crashes

tomorrow I will try different scenery and do the test again,

after that I will try VR again.

Hope it Helps

• I did a little more testing this morning on this. I have been unable to replicate the crash with vsync enabled but need to do some more testing to be certain. I was unable to replicate the crash with the Cessna with the 120fps limit in place but tried the A320 and it crashed after a couple minutes into the flight with same error. I then did some more testing with the F15 on the same scenery and it didn't crash this morning even though it was consistently crashing before. This probably muddies the water a little but I'll do some more testing this evening.

One intermittent thing I have noticed is the flashing light textures on aircraft were sometimes messed up but I didn't see that issue this morning so i wonder if there is a correlation there.

I was still seeing psychedelic textures on the pilot helmet in the F15, F18 and MB339 and some airport textures though - this seems to be very consistent with Vulkan on my hardware.

One other intermittent graphical issue is the CTRL+F1 data for fps etc. Sometimes this is always clear & legible, other times it starts that way but start to break up and become garbled. Other times it starts off as garbled. I'll need to test to see if this happens with vsync enabled.

None of these issues happen under OpenGL and I haven't seen similar issues with other apps/games that use Vulkan - not that I have many to test with.

• OK, can you both test again but please remove ALL user-scenery before flying. Then only fly with default scenery and aircraft again. If/when it crashes, immediately post your TM log here

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• donka

Please email us at mail@ipacs.de

We want to see what's causing the crashing with AMD cards. We will have you work internally with support to try to resolve this.

Regards,

Jeff

• Same issue, RX5700. I have tested all drivers back to 19.2. Tried a fresh windows install and everything is the same.

I have tried every setting from low to high, vsync on and off. 100% default install of the game. Never touched custom scenery or airplanes.

Runs really good, right up until the inevitable crash a few minutes in for most planes, instant crash in the cessna 172 which also has texture issues.

This is a fresh log just loading the game and immediately crashing in the cessna.

• Similar issue here. Although my game doesn't crash, I get weird artifacts everywhere. Giant black triangles and squares everywhere. I've tried all the latest radeon drivers - as soon as I roll back drivers to 18.12 everything works fine again. How can I enable debugging logs so I can log it for you?