Constant crashes with Vulkan

• I'm experiencing a lot of crashes with the Vulkan driver on my set up. I have the Intel Hades Canyon with AMD Radeon Vega RX GPU. I can normally run 1440p with high settings on most sceneries at 120fps under Vulkan but it seems on a lot of custom scenery that I get a hard crash where the game locks up and I need to use task manager to kill AF2. I don't get these issues with OpenGL. I have updated to the latest AMD driver and also tried lowering settings to 1080p and Medium settings but the crashes continue - it just happens at a different time with different settings. Not sure the cause but I have included 2 log files - one when it crashed on UK scenery with default F15, the second when it crashed on Orbx Netherlands with F15.

Any ideas on this? I'll need to experiment more to see if it happens with default scenery but never noticed so far.

• I just replied to a different thread on the forum regarding this same issue. We will take a look to see what's going on here with these specific cards.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I've just upgraded to a Ryzen 3600+/RX 5700 box and I'm seeing massive problems with Vulkan as well - graphic corruption & crashing on startup with the same "ERROR: Fatal : VkResult is 'ERROR_DEVICE_LOST' at line 8551"

Has there been any progress on this ?

• I've just upgraded to a Ryzen 3600+/RX 5700 box and I'm seeing massive problems with Vulkan as well - graphic corruption & crashing on startup with the same "ERROR: Fatal : VkResult is 'ERROR_DEVICE_LOST' at line 8551"

Has there been any progress on this ?

I would stick with OpenGL for just now. I tried a test version from the Devs which appears to fix the texture corruption but I was still getting crashes so it is being worked on and progress is being made but can't comment any further.

• When I switch to Vulkan and restart the app runs for a couple of sends (sometimes with graphical corruption on cockpit textures) then the app goes black.

According to the Task Manager the FS2 is still running but Not Responding. I can then shutdown with the Task Manager.

As mentioned before this is a a Ryzen 3600+ and RX5700 system with 32Gb RAM and currently nothing is over clocked I'm currently running the slightly older WHQL ceritified 20.1.3 drivers but was also seeing the issue with the lastest 20.2.1 drivers.

I've attached the tm.log from the most recent try and I've also added DxDiag.txt just in case that's any help

tm.zip

DxDiag.txt

Hopefully this gives you enough information but if there are any question or if you need any more info let me know.

• Hi.

I would like to ask, if is it still possible to use OpeanGl instead of Metal on Mac OS version of FS 2 to avoid game crashing and screen tearing (present when using Metal or Vulkan)? Earlier I was using workaround, by changing <[bool][graphics_use_vulkan][true]> line in "main.mcf" file to <[bool][graphics_use_vulkan][false]>, to use OpenGl instead, but in current version of game it does not longer work (simulation crashes on startup).

• That was interesting - I've been flying over with some custom UK scenery that I'd completely forgotten about - stripping that out allowed Vulkan to

run.

Sorry about that - do you still want the tm.log from this successful flight ?

Ignore that - I just loaded up the Cessna 172SP on runway 32 short at Bern and it crashed again (with texture errors on cockpit model before it crashed) despite the scenery being removed.

Crash log is attached.