Telemetry for Motion output is gone (again)

• So, I just got back from holidays and let ADS2 Auto-update in STEAM (big mistake:-( ) I now find that there is no Telemetry received by my NLR3 Motion Platform and presume the rudimentary telelmetry provided by AFS2 has been disabled by the devs, either intentionally or by mistake? I'd be very grateful if someone from IPACS can inform us of their intentions with regard to supporting motion as part of the gameplay into the future. It used to work beautifully until the R22 release, when it was disabled intentionally, as "the output format was never intended to support motion and interfered with other aspect of the coding". I'm sure there are many of us that would happily pay for an add-on or plug-in to support telemetry and it would be great to hear what came out of the customer survey IPACS conducted in the middle of last year.

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• I contacted NLR on the 23 Jan, they are releasing a fix for the NLR3 in the next update

----------------------

Thank you for your email regarding this.

We're currently aware of the Aerofly FS2 issue that's occurring and are releasing a fix for this very soon in our latest version of the Platform Manager software.

If you have any further queries we are happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

• Thanks Matthew - great to hear. I suppose it means someone from IPACS are tinkering with the code - fingers crossed it’s for the better!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Gotcha;-)

Will give it a whirl in the morning - thanks for the update!

• Hello Ozav8r,

as I see, you also have the NLR V3 and fly with it the ingenious Aerofly FS2.

I also enjoyed the NLR V3 last week, but so far (but only with Aerofly FS2) I have problems with it.

The movements of the system are very strange, always a kind of "shaking" in the movements.

Here a Little Video About the Problem:

https://vimeo.com/manage/457483239/general

How did you set the values in the motion software? Have you changed anything else?

Greetings from Germany,

Marco

• Hi Marco - I’m away from my computer, but will get back to you in the next couple of days with the settings I currently fly under, including version of the NextLevel Software etc.. It “kinda” works for the moment, even though the update rates are very noticeably slower than X-plane and the others. I really never got any satisfactory answers on IPACS plans with regard to motion telemetry output, going into the future. I think there is a possibility they may include this option in a a “Pro-version” of the sim, but that is largely conjecture on my behalf, and I’m not trying to start a rumour. I’ll get back to you at first opportunity.

Best regards - Eivind

• Hello,

thanks for the super fast response.

I'm happy if you send me your parameters and the version number of the software....

see you soon - Marco

Hi again - sorry for the delay, have been away from my SimPit. I am using NextLevelRacing Platform Manager ver.2.107.4.0. Earlier versions used to have 2 AFS2 profiles, but this has now been brought back to the single one included with Platform Manager. I have reduced both Roll Rate Intensity and Pitch Rate Intensity to 0.5, and that has reduced some of the "jerkiness". The update rate however remains vastly inferior to what we saw prior to telemetry was removed with the R22 release. It is vastly better in the other sims, but I have pretty much given up on trying to get IPACS interested in sorting it out. The answer thay gave me was that the "the telemetry output that worked perfectly before the R22 release, was never meant to work at all, and so had to be removed as it could interfere with some "other" function." I haven't given up hope that they will eventually re-instate proper telemetry output, but it is not for me to set their development priorities. I would happily pay for this if they would provide support of motion platform, and pulled back from an investment in a commercial setup with a 6-axis motion platform, after it became obvious that any support was not forthcoming. It's a shame, cause AFS2 could be a brilliant commercial helicopter VR-sim, but without adequate telemetry support, it is not credible. Hope you get some satisfaction out of the motion in AFS2,

Best regards - Eivind

• Hallo Zusammen,

sorry, wenn ich den alten Thread hier hervor hole.

Meine Frage ist, besteht das Problem mit der NLR3 Motion Platform noch immer? Oder lohnt es den Aerofly wieder zu installieren.

Ohne eine saubere Unterstützung der Motion ist mir das in VR nichts

Besten Dank!

Gruß Andre

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

sorry for bringing the old thread up here.

My question is, is the problem with the NLR3 Motion Platform still there? Or is it worth reinstalling the Aerofly.

Without proper support for the motion, this is nothing to me in VR

Thank you very much!

Greetings Andre

• Hallo,

vielen Dank für die Information.

Ich habe es gerade ausprobiert.

Es funktioniert zwar, aber nicht wirklich gut mit 1Hz und Interpolation. Dann verzichte ich weiter auf Aerofly, sehr schade...

Gruß André

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Thank you for the information.
    I just tried it.
    It works, but not really well with 1Hz and interpolation. Then I'll continue without Aerofly, a pity...

Greetings Andre

• The telemetry output was never intended to be used for motion platforms,

it is designed for 3rd party applications like foreflight, garmin pilot, etc. which require a low refresh rate.

Thanks for the feedback and clarification. But is better adaptation to motion platforms something that IPACS is considering?

Motion platforms gives a much better "flight feeling". I was tempted. 8)