fsCloudPort now using TOC system

• I modified fsCloudPort to the toc system today. This opens up much more scope for xref objects as previously I needed to generate object models for every xref I added (in fact 360 versions of each new object at different orientations). Here's a summary of all the changes.

1. TOC file now generated with every airport and the TSC stripped back to just the runways (and helipads done as normal objects)
    2. Water towers added as extensions to the xref library - in order for any water towers to become visible in sim, you need to download the water towers xref libarary via the download button on every airport page
    3. A bunch of new xrefs added see below - I will add more but I need to redesign the editor a bit to make it easier to navigate
    4. Now that there will be many more smaller objects I've made two more changes to the editor
      1. When you mouse over an object it pops up a label saying what it is
      2. Smaller objects now use a smaller icon - a simple vehicle so you still get a sense of orientation
    5. I've taken one thing out - if you made helipads via the Add Building method and choosing the helipad as the type of building, these won't show up. You need to use the Helipad tool from the navigator now (as most people have for a long time I think now)

Looking forward to some screenshots!

The icon for small objects looks like this

• Phil, this is a very big step for the airport building (und using) community.

All the new XREF objects from IPACS can now be used.

This will enrich upcoming airports a lot - and this very easily with your tool!

Maybe some older airports even will be upgraded by the authors...

Thank you verrry much!

Cheers, Thomas

• Hi Phil

I tried adding a couple of new objects, (fuel box and SUV) but they are not showing up in the sim. Are these new objects already part of your downloadable xref collection or are you still adding them?

- Kenneth

Which airport Kenneth? I did some tests and saw these new objects, so I'll check your airport.

TomSimMuc - I'm going to add the whole lot of the xrefs including the new construction kit buildings but first I want to make the navigator a bit easier to use.

• Which airport Kenneth? I did some tests and saw these new objects, so I'll check your airport.

TomSimMuc - I'm going to add the whole lot of the xrefs including the new construction kit buildings but first I want to make the navigator a bit easier to use.

Hi Phil

http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/CKQ6.htm

I just wonder if I am missing the library of objects somewhere along the line. Clearly they are showing inside FsC, as I added them into the airport itself. But not displaying in AFS2.

Kenneth

• The TOC looks fine. I'm a bit pressed for time but here is a test - stick some of them on the runway and see if they show. Possibly the terrain is very uneven and they are sinking a bit? Make sure you don't have a clash as well - multiple versions of the airport. Log may say.

• The TOC looks fine. I'm a bit pressed for time but here is a test - stick some of them on the runway and see if they show. Possibly the terrain is very uneven and they are sinking a bit? Make sure you don't have a clash as well - multiple versions of the airport. Log may say.

Did the test, and put a few objects on the runway. I saved work, downloaded the new file, and totally deleted my old airport before unzipping and installing the new one. No vehicles or mast or fuel tank showing. I looked at the airport folder, and I see there is now an xref subfolder instead of the old building_textures subfolder there used to be. However, the Xref subfolder is totally empty. Is FsC supposed to be adding selected models to that Xref subfolder?

- Kenneth

• No need. That's in case we want extra custom xrefs on a per airport basis. I'm out of time tonight I'm afraid, but will test in the morning. Hopefully others will report whether they get the same or something that works, Building_textures was always redundant by the way.

• Thanks Phil, that's really a great service to the AeroflyFS2 community. It will need some time, but should open the possibility to see much more realistic airports, still with a manageable amount of work.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• btw, if anyone wishes to update and modernize any of my airports around the world, please ask to be added as a contributor. Just PM me with your ID and I will gladly give you edit rights. 8o

I was like Johnny Appleseed, just adding basic runways and a spare building or two, so should you have the desire, don't hesitate. We need more functional airports now that we have more improved scenery around the world.

btw, if anyone wishes to update and modernize any of my airports around the world, please ask to be added as a contributor. Just PM me with your ID and I will gladly give you edit rights. 8o

I was like Johnny Appleseed, just adding basic runways and a spare building or two, so should you have the desire, don't hesitate. We need more functional airports now that we have more improved scenery around the world

OK many thanks :)

• Hello! Kenneth I did the update and added the VOR, windsock, fuel tank, water tank and some tow trucks and they are installed, it is the same step to install, first you must do this, Download xref_lib_water_towers.zip to My PC> Documents> Aerofly FS2> scenery> xref and unzip to folder xref_lib_water_towers / (only do this once and it applies for all FSCP airports and then you can edit and put any object and follow the same steps and then end up installing everything in your airport folder and ready!

• Hello! Kenneth I did the update and added the VOR, windsock, fuel tank, water tank and some tow trucks and they are installed, it is the same step to install, first you must do this, Download xref_lib_water_towers.zip to My PC> Documents> Aerofly FS2> scenery> xref and unzip to folder xref_lib_water_towers / (only do this once and it applies for all FSCP airports and then you can edit and put any object and follow the same steps and then end up installing everything in your airport folder and ready!

Hello, and thank you for replying. I found my problem. I had set the buildings detail slider too far left. When I moved it to the right again, all the objects were visible. Clearly, FsC needs ultra buildings setting to display everything.