Italy which borders on Switzerland

• Proverb: The man who is not satisfied with little will never be satisfied with anything riccardo19;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited 2 times, last by Tomfa (February 10, 2020 at 7:05 PM).

• Perhaps there will be no border with Switzerland at all. As I heard from Schnuffelduffel on my request, 4 people have donated something for his Italy scenery so far.

This is a huge disappointment, because he asked that if we like the scenery, we should donate something. He is not concerned about the amount of the donation, but only about the fact that he can't see that his work is appreciated.

We must not forget that he wrote that he is self-employed. So the whole work for all of us (and of course for himself) has really cost him money, because without the project he would have accepted one or the other additional order.

We appreciate that some of us offer high quality freeware, but we also accept a reasonable purchase price for other sceneries, and we also donate to non-profit organizations to get sceneries. It would be very nice, if we would also be able to give the creator of such a great scenery, on which he has worked for almost a year, on a completely voluntary basis a contribution in case we like it.

These are just my 5 cents on this topic, Schnuffelduffel has nothing to do with this statement. I will also put this text in the other forum.

Riccardo, donate something to Italy and you'll also get your Lake Como. Riccardo, dona qualcosa per l'Italia e riceverai anche il tuo Lago di Como.

• Unfortunately this is the reality of most flight simmers. There are many who take it all and give absolutely nothing in return. I'm sorry for Schnuffelduffel but this is the way it is. However there are the few and you can count them on one hand who do appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes.

Perhaps I may be wrong?

Best wishes, Michael :)

• I think it's very nice that we experience so much volunteer work here in the forum, no matter what someone is doing (planes, scenes, photos, providing servers, etc.).

With "payment" it is very easy for me to donate money for charitable projects and to contribute to hardware costs. With direct money transfers I simply have difficulties.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I think it's very nice that we experience so much volunteer work here in the forum, no matter what someone is doing (planes, scenes, photos, providing servers, etc.).

With "payment" it is very easy for me to donate money for charitable projects and to contribute to hardware costs. With direct money transfers I simply have difficulties.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

I understand your point of view, but I don't see much difference between buying e.g. the Boston Scenery, soon Paris or even the Canary Islands, or making a voluntary donation to the creator in recognition of his work.

• I understand your point of view, but I don't see much difference between buying e.g. the Boston Scenery, soon Paris or even the Canary Islands, or making a voluntary donation to the creator in recognition of his work.

Boston Scenery is Payware. It's completely different from my contribution - the "Project Lofoten".

My Project Lofoten is Freeware - and then I mean literally freeware. "A thank you" - is great for me. If someone wants to donate to a charity or to "flight-sim.org" - that's just fine.

If anyone expects a compensation in euro or dollars - then sell it as Payware. The principle is really quite simple. :)

When it comes to the great Italy scenery - using Google maps and ask for money - seems somewhat problematic?? :/

• Perhaps there may be some differences?

Firstly the commercial companies offering quality scenery do so with added special buildings, airports, vegetation and some times animation. They have people to pay wages to, licence fees to the satellite image providers and so it goes on. Yes they charge because that is the business there in.

Regarding Bella Italy it is only photo scenery and “Schnuffelduffel” should of made it clear from the start that this was going to be donation ware and not FREE. He claims copyright over the images, I question this as all the downloaded images are courtesy of either Google, Bing and ArcGIS and he gives no mention of them anywhere.

As already pointed out by "Hartman" charging for these satellite images could present problems.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (February 12, 2020 at 3:05 PM).

• When it comes to the great Italy scenery - using Google maps and ask for money - seems somewhat problematic?? :/

That is exactly the reason, why it is absolutely voluntary. I don't think that Schnuffelduffel expects from each downloader a donation, but only 4 or 5 out of much more than 100 downloads?

I would like to stop the discussion at this point. It is obvious that we have different points of view to this topic and that is what it is. I gave a small donation, others don't want to. That's life.

Let's enjoy our simulator with its wonderful addons, payware, donation ware or freeware.

Good flights and happy landings!

Cheers

Luca