Different engines for different liveries on the 747.

• We never specify any release dates because we rather finish something than release an unfinished product at a set time. I'm not sure when this will be added but I think this will be part of the usual update cycle and not a new app. Most of the code to load up these options is already in the mobile version as we speak. Just the menu needs some final touches and we of course need to create more engine models that we can swap, etc.

That sounds fantastic... knowing that we're close to something that opens up doors to much bigger things is always exciting 😁

• we’re getting the ability to start cold and dark!??

I don’t think that’s what he meant although that would be nice to have in the next update. What I’m thinking is that they’ll add the ability to change engines on different liveries and shut off the engines. Just like how you’re able to do currently but with the propeller engines. Hopefully the update comes around this summer with a new region.

• Official Post

I don’t think that’s what he meant although that would be nice to have in the next update. What I’m thinking is that they’ll add the ability to change engines on different liveries and shut off the engines. Just like how you’re able to do currently but with the propeller engines. Hopefully the update comes around this summer with a new region.

That is indeed a different topic but we also plan on adding that at some point.

The options system that we programmed covers everything from different engine type:

Swap jet with piston if you like, different wheel sizes, different landing gear (ski, floats, wheels - for when those are added), external loads or modifications done to the airplane (e.g. added weather radar oder additional equipment,...). Pretty much anything that you can think of.

It is not intended for the cold and dark option (that doesn't change the aircraft equipment) and it is not intended to cover different aircraft variants (a320, a321 for example - those should be different aircraft in the menu, once added). These are separate functions that are not yet implemented.

• That is indeed a different topic but we also plan on adding that at some point.

The options system that we programmed covers everything from different engine type:

Swap jet with piston if you like, different wheel sizes, different landing gear (ski, floats, wheels - for when those are added), external loads or modifications done to the airplane (e.g. added weather radar oder additional equipment,...). Pretty much anything that you can think of.

It is not intended for the cold and dark option (that doesn't change the aircraft equipment) and it is not intended to cover different aircraft variants (a320, a321 for example - those should be different aircraft in the menu, once added). These are separate functions that are not yet implemented.

That sounds amazing...so there is a possibility of not just new aircrafts but also more variants to existing aircrafts

• Official Post

What I mean by variants: Aircraft stretches, freighter, etc. Examples: A320 -> A321, B747-400 -> B747SP, B777-300ER -> -200ER -> B777F, etc.

This is not yet implemented so this new options system won't make that possible - or it may not feasible and would create too much work. However we are also evaluating how having multiple very similar aircraft variants can be done without having multiple duplicates of a near identical aircraft. I don't know yet if this will be added.

What I mean by options: Different engines, different landing gear, additional equipment, new wing-tip, etc. Examples: A320 CFM -> IAE -> neo engines, A320 with and without sharklets, B747 with different engines, etc.

This will be possible with the new options system. Under the hood it is already active as we speak.

In short:

aircraft variants - no, not with this options system

aircraft options - yes

aircraft state (e.g. cold and dark state) - no, this will be solved differently

• I understand we won’t be able to start from cold and dark state but will we be able to shut off the engine after landing/like we currently can with propeller planes? Also why not implement push back? Just curious why it’s not already in the game.

• That's fantastic!!! Giving us the total freedom to choose and customize the aircraft we fly is beyond any competing simulator. I would like to thank the entire team of Aerofly for recognizing this!! Also why we're at it...what about liveries??

• Official Post

These are all things that are unrelated to each other.

1) The menu option to select cold and dark, this menu doesn't exist yet but will of course be added when this feature comes.

2) The ability of the aircraft to reach cold and dark. Some aircraft are already capable of doing that, it is not doable with the existing turbofan engines. We're already working on a new turbofan engine simulation that will be able to simulate the full thermodynamic cycle, which is much more realistic. But this takes time per aircraft and we're not done with that physics simulation yet.

3) Push back: This needs to be done right. We want the push back truck to have it's own physics simulations so that it will be impossible to have the wheels pointing in one direction and have the truck moving in a different direction like you see in "other simulators". We also don't want to constantly teleport the aircraft during push back "like in other sims". The push back truck should obey all laws of physics while it is attached to the aircraft. We don't have it in the sim because we do not want to just hack this in and cause us a headache later on, we want to do this right. The system for loading physics and the push back truck model should also be able to load e.g. an aircraft carrier or other moving vehicles that you can land on, a glider winch, a tow plane, a fuel truck, etc. Combined all this will take less time to implement than hacking in each of these features. But we're still busy with other important features.

One thing at a time but we'll get there. We're constantly thinking ahead to save us issues down the road which is why we don't usually jump at something just for the sake of having it a.s.a.p. We want new features to work well on all our platforms and to be usable in the future.

• These are all things that are unrelated to each other.

1) The menu option to select cold and dark, this menu doesn't exist yet but will of course be added when this feature comes.

2) The ability of the aircraft to reach cold and dark. Some aircraft are already capable of doing that, it is not doable with the existing turbofan engines. We're already working on a new turbofan engine simulation that will be able to simulate the full thermodynamic cycle, which is much more realistic. But this takes time per aircraft and we're not done with that physics simulation yet.

3) Push back: This needs to be done right. We want the push back truck to have it's own physics simulations so that it will be impossible to have the wheels pointing in one direction and have the truck moving in a different direction like you see in "other simulators". We also don't want to constantly teleport the aircraft during push back "like in other sims". The push back truck should obey all laws of physics while it is attached to the aircraft. We don't have it in the sim because we do not want to just hack this in and cause us a headache later on, we want to do this right. The system for loading physics and the push back truck model should also be able to load e.g. an aircraft carrier or other moving vehicles that you can land on, a glider winch, a tow plane, a fuel truck, etc. Combined all this will take less time to implement than hacking in each of these features. But we're still busy with other important features.

One thing at a time but we'll get there. We're constantly thinking ahead to save us issues down the road which is why we don't usually jump at something just for the sake of having it a.s.a.p. We want new features to work well on all our platforms and to be usable in the future.

That sounds great...as a community we shouldn't be pushing the devs over the edge with requests..I guess we've eaten up too much of your time anyways 😂 so as of now we're just excited as to what's up next