Hardware & software Addons...

• Hi, although i haven't been on for a while due to moving home, I have been checking in every now and again.

I still am developing my VR GPS map overlay but since then I have been doing further development in such things as:

External instrument panel (like Air manager) as well as output to Arduino for servo driven instruments.

NMEA output for interfacing with real GPS units.

Output to my DIY motion platform.

However, instead of just playing around with these for myself I thought I would see if these things would be of interest to anyone on here. There all unfinished projects but if there was an addon or something that you wish you had just say and I will try to help. Obviously I am limited to the inputs/outputs of the SDK interface.

Andy

• Hi Andy,

Basically, that's a good idea. I would like to have an output for my DIY Motion Platform, which is currently running with Jans BFF and Thanos Interface and the simulators that support it. In my opinion, the data flow is much too slow to control a platform, 50 data packets per second are expected. So you probably have no way to solve the sad problem.

• Hi Andy,

Basically, that's a good idea. I would like to have an output for my DIY Motion Platform, which is currently running with Jans BFF and Thanos Interface and the simulators that support it. In my opinion, the data flow is much too slow to control a platform, 50 data packets per second are expected. So you probably have no way to solve the sad problem.

Is that with the latest SDK? I'm planning to test the new x-simulator FS2 plugin in this weekend as I was hoping the new SDK had improved things.

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/thre…-14#post-192029

• I can run a little test later today and see what rate i'm getting. Its not something i have checked personally, I have just always run the data through a filter to smooth things out.

One thing I did notice was that the Update Call in the DLL doesn't appear to always have the message list. There is a check to see if the message list is not empty which I use, if you run without that check I was getting roughly ONLY 1 in 10 calls actually had data, the rest had zilch.