France VFR Paris Île-de-France bug reports thread

• Please report in this thread your issues with France VFR Paris IDF scenery, be assured we’ll follow carefully and do our best to fix bugs.

When you notice a visual issue, please post a screen of it including the coordinates. When in flight you may jump to the slew mode (CTRL+F8) for better viewing and pointing to the flaw and take snapshots.

As already stated this first scenery is a demonstrator to see live how IPACS Aerofly FS2 copes with FranceVFR’s 3DAutomation technology.

In order not to delay further this demonstrator and keep what we think an attractive price we focused for this opus on what AFS2 does the best in our opinion : smooth and sharp day flight with loads of details.

This implied some deliberate choices when defining the scope of this scenery :

- few but highly detailed airports, leaving room for potential additional airports in a second phase

- night is only featured by cultivation dot lights and 3D objects night textures. A real, more convincing night environment would require a very specific and quite heavy development we discarded from the scope of the project. Now that the scenery is released, we have in mind to investigate night environment development.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• "Flimmering" - that's a new one to me. Its almost what I see, but it isn't a back and forth flicker, more a snap change, unpredictable and its alway slightly off from where I'm looking so I'm not quite sure what has changed. I'll try to find a predictable situation.

• Hello,

First to avoid any misunderstanding , I am fully satisfied wit the scenery and hope there is a future for FVFR with AFS2

Secondly my report is not properly a bug as it may be related with AFS2 imitations and it has to do wuith rendering

Night rendering of Paris "intra muros" city is quite bad : streets are fully dark (no night textures ?) and building sides very dark too despite the roofs are some times very clear (in relation).

looks like my small town at night (urban lighting shutdown for economic reasons) but not convenient for Paris rendering...

This strange rendering effect feeling is amplified by the (too) bright lighting of the 3D bridges looking quite white while the streets at the end are quite fully black... The bright surroundings lights also contribute to the "urban lighting shutdown effect"

Is there any AFS2 limitation making nights textures use impossible for the streets ?

As seen from ISS :

Edited once, last by Toorop (March 8, 2020 at 1:52 PM).

• Night rendering of Paris "intra muros" city is quite bad : streets are fully dark (no night textures ?) and building sides very dark too despite the roofs are some times very clear (in relation).

As already stated, this is the current standard in AFS2 : night mode is featured by cultivation light dots that only look quite good in the far distance (actually too strong in the distance and too weak in the near distance).

This implied some deliberate choices when defining the scope of this scenery :

- (...)

- night is only featured by cultivation dot lights and 3D objects night textures. A real, more convincing night environment would require a very specific and quite heavy development we discarded from the scope of the project. Now that the scenery is released, we have in mind to investigate night environment development.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Been following the news on France VFR Paris IDF scenery for the past weeks and was looking forward to fly in it.

Bought it a few hours ago, and anxiously waited for the download to finish, and then noticed that is works on PC only... (*.EXE installer) :(

Is this true? Is it just the installer and is there an alternative way to install?

Have I just spent €29.90 on something I cannot use with the Mac OS version?

There's no mention of this on the website when purchasing...

• By the way :

Congratulations to all the team : amazing result (and no bugs yet) for your first AFS2 scenery !

marcvc : FVFR support has always been remarkable for all their other products : no doubt they will find a solution :)

Toorop: that was not an exaggeration - this was solved in less than 24 hours - impressive!

Congratulations for the product, and the impeccable service!

• Installation failed. Have my example and AF2 from Steam. Have it installed and after starting AF2 the mouse was gone. Ok. I have killed my complete installation of AF2 and reinstalled. Now the complete AF2 failed. Another Atempt failed also.

• Installation failed. Have my example and AF2 from Steam. Have it it installed and after starting AF2 the mouse was gone. Ok. I have killed my complete installation of AF2 and reinstalled. Nopw the complete AF2 failed. Another Atempt failed also.

I'm not sure to understand, what do you mean by AF[S]2 fail? you cannot start the sim?

BTW Steam has a handful function to check the files integrity of AFS2, maybe it can help.

Are you sure you have enough disk space on your steam drive?

Make sure also you don't use Vulkan, but OpenGL.

• I just bought dlc, but I seem to be experiencing a problem. In the game, the material resolution of Charles de Gaulle Airport is very low. I can't even see the runway. I ’m not sure what went wrong. Can you give me a reply?

XPS 9710 11800H RTX 3060 32G

AORUS Z490 10900K RTX 3080 32G

• Hi Virgilwei,

Yes, as stated Charles-de-Gaulle, Orly and le Bourget airports are not modelled as operational airports but only featured by their main buildings + jetways + runway lights since out of scope of this VFR-oriented scenery.

What you see is the ground photo, so that the airport looks good from the sky.

We however made it flat enough so you still can take-off, land and even taxi to the gate if you really want, but it’s not a modelled airport as such.

As described, there are 3 highly detailed major GA airports in this scenery:

LFPN Toussus-le-Noble

LFPZ St-Cyr

LFPL Lognes

We advise you to rather choose one of these.

There are plans to create an expansion with more airports if there’s a demand, but it takes some time and those big airports are out of scope.

Should you really starve of having functional runways in CDG we can advise you to turn towards the free FS Cloudport addon. We can help you deactivate their generic buildings so that only runways get placed.

BTW you should rather use OpenGL since Vulkan currently encounters stability issues

Cheers

Antoine

Edited 2 times, last by Trespassers (March 10, 2020 at 8:20 AM).

• There are plans to create an expansion with more airports if there’s a demand, but it takes some time and those big airports are out of scope.

Here is demand.:)

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• For information, the P3D/FSX version of Paris has 3 airports extensions packs : 2 packs of 10x airports each and 1 pack of 3 airports (that is the one already included in the AFS2 scenery (Lognes, Toussus and St-Cyr). There's also an heli pack of 23x platforms that should be released for P3D/FSX soon and maybe for AFS2.

We cannot decide just now to do or not to do these products, depending on the level of sales, but we'd like to do it because AFS2 is really fantastic especially about rendering quality and frame rate !

• I hope you will have enough sales to offer the extra 20 airfields ( and eventually the north Normandy one so we can fly all the way to the Atlantic following the Seine river). They really add to the zone. The scenery is great. Cheers. Étienne