Just Flight C152 - GNS430 CDI not moving?

• I know that this question technically belongs into a Just Flight support forum, but before I post it there I just wanted to ask if anyone else is having this problem or if I'm doing something wrong.

When I create a flight plan on the navigation page, it is transferred to the GNS correctly. But when I do the flight, the CDI does not move at all even if I'm way off the programmed flight path. Even when switching from GPS to VLOC and back doesn't move the CDI. Am I missing something here?

Thanks, Fabian

• This does belong here since we programmed that GPS device into the core sim.

The route is never transfered to the device, the device accesses the same flight plan as the navigation menu and therefore it is always the exact same. At least how it is implemented at the moment.

Where do you fly and how did you setup the route? Could you please send us screenshots of the route in the GPS as well as the CDI in relation to the map page or something? Thanks

• Hi Jan,

Just to let you know, the problem I described above turned out to be non-existent, I obviously just expected the CDI needle to be more sensitive than it actually is. When I strayed off the programmed flight path some more the CDI started moving as expected. What I have yet to try is if it also works with the CDI set to VLOC and the NAV radio turned to a nearby VOR frequency.

Thanks and best regards,

Fabian

• I eventually realised that the Piper Arrow GNS 530 CDI works with something like a full scale deflection of twenty or forty miles which is practically unusable. Is there any way get a full scale deflection of 0.5 or 1.0 miles (3,000 or 6,000 feet)?

Are there any editable files?

• Official Post

I eventually realised that the Piper Arrow GNS 530 CDI works with something like a full scale deflection of twenty or forty miles which is practically unusable. Is there any way get a full scale deflection of 0.5 or 1.0 miles (3,000 or 6,000 feet)?

Are there any editable files?

The enroute scaling is rather big. It should be 5 NM or so.

When you get closer to the destination it switches to terminal mode (TERM in the lower left), then it gets more precise.

• Thanks again Jan, it is supposed to automatically switch between 5, 1 and 0.3 nm according to the flight phase, enroute, terminal and approach (within 2 nm of a final approach fix) with the selected scale displayed on both sides of the CDI scale. Manual selection is possible for enroute and terminal and auto switching to ILS reception is an option for when established on the final approach course.

I’m about 99% sure that you are all working on providing this. Not having fixed auto ILS selection is desirable.

• If GPS CDI adjustment will be updated can the 0.3 and 1.0 nm scales be prioritised if necessary?, the 5 mile enroute setting looks like it is only useful for long ocean flight like legs.

The 0.3 nm scale is like a constant response ILS localiser that does not get oversensitive close to the runway, it would make my sim flights more entertaining.

Many thanks again for the update, I would also like to put more money into FS2. The New York area scenery is so excellent and is my favourite FS2 investment, more similar in-house scenery or pay-planes would let me cheerfully pay more.