General game question (Gate/Cold and Dark)

• I have seen many suggest the start at gate with cold and dark option and I have seen lots of answers to that suggestion. They all have said that the devs have stayed back on that feature to keep the frame rate high. So my question is, how does starting at the gate cold and dark lower the frame rate?

I don’t know any game programming so I’d appreciate an answer.

-Thank you

• deeperr March 16, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “General game question” to “General game question (Gate/Cold and Dark)”.
  • I have seen many suggest the start at gate with cold and dark option and I have seen lots of answers to that suggestion. They all have said that the devs have stayed back on that feature to keep the frame rate high. So my question is, how does starting at the gate cold and dark lower the frame rate?

I don’t know any game programming so I’d appreciate an answer.

-Thank you

Where did you read this because this is not the truth and we have never said anything like this.

The configuration doesn't affect the frame rate at all. It is loaded once and is not continuously needed once the aircraft is positioned on the runway, so it cannot affect the frame rate.

• Where did you read this because this is not the truth and we have never said anything like this.

The configuration doesn't affect the frame rate at all. It is loaded once and is not continuously needed once the aircraft is positioned on the runway, so it cannot affect the frame rate.

Sorry, l meant that many people have said that not the devs or the programmers. I have seen a couple on YT, and maybe one on the forums. Overall thanks for clearing it up.

• Where did you read this because this is not the truth and we have never said anything like this.

Another lag related question. Does adding taxiway lights to all the airports increased lag because only Denver Int’l has it. Also was adding taxiway lights at Denver to see if it lagged or not?

Honestly the Denver airport looks so good with the lights and it’s amazing to fly there at night time. Would get even better after there will be city night lighting. Hopefully that’s planned.

-Thank you

Edited 2 times, last by deeperr (March 18, 2020 at 2:18 AM).

• No, the lights don't add lag, there are not actually that many. Only millions of buildings have an impact and only if they are not split up into groups.

Trees and lights can be rendered very quickly.

We would really appreciate having more taxiway lighting and trees in and around airports, higher end devices can handle it very well. This problem can we countered by having a PC like options menu for things like shadow settings or tree settings.

• No, the lights don't add lag, there are not actually that many. Only millions of buildings have an impact and only if they are not split up into groups.

Jet-Pack, another concern I have seen couple of YT videos with the A320. Some of the video have HD cockpit resolution in which you can read every single thing. Like the 1st photo.

Then I opened my game and I have a more blurry cockpit in which I can’t read a single thing besides what’s on the screens. I have the iPhone XR and I don’t know about the devices from the YT videos.

Sorry I couldn’t add the blurry photo because it says file is too big. Could I please get an explanation for this because I can’t properly play the game.

-Thank you

1st

• On mobile devices the performance is much more limited than on desktop. And I was thinking about the desktop version here, sorry.

We adjust the texture resolution for the hardware performance that Aerofly FS is given to. Tablets are quite powerful nowadays which is why we can increase the texture quality there.

If you're uploading a screenshot you should convert it to .jpg to decrease the file size.

Since this statement is true, NYC won’t look the same in mobile as it does in PC. Since there are tons of buildings in New York, but I hope you guys figure it out so it doesn’t lag. I really hope New York is the next region.

So the question, will NYC in mobile be similar to the desktop version?

Can’t wait fo fly across USA, KSAN to KJFK!!!!

• I'm not sure what the plans are for potentially new regions on mobile.

You could display NYC on mobile, the last part of my sentence was the important bit. If you split up the city into manageable chunks you can render everything much easier. The range is just reduced for slower devices but it could still look quite good.