Cessna 172 - Banking Left

• Excuse my ignorance, but I'm attempting to fly the C172, using a steel series nimbus controller and find that the aircraft will bank, quite severely to the left and needs continuous right aileron to ensure straight flight? Is this normal?

I also notice that on the ground / stationary the artificial horizon is 'banked' as well, showing a left turn.

Thanks!

• Sorry for the lack of my knowledge, but the bank to the left on the ground is intended due to the realistic propeller physics. If you were to look it up it’s an actual effect in the real world of aviation.

Thanks, I think that's right, you'd expect to apply some right rudder during takeoff but didn't think the artificial horizon would show the aircraft as banking when it was on the ground

• In that case the runway is sloped to the side.

If your device is properly calibrated you still have propeller effects that cause the airplane to roll to either side. You can assign aileron trim to make it fly straight but as soon as you change power or airspeed this trimmed state will change due to other propeller forces and torque values.

Regards,

Jan

• In that case the runway is sloped to the side.

If your device is properly calibrated you still have propeller effects that cause the airplane to roll to either side. You can assign aileron trim to make it fly straight but as soon as you change power or airspeed this trimmed state will change due to other propeller forces and torque values.

That would make sense, don't have the same issue on different airfields. Thankyou!